FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tweak/App] Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 (version 1.2 Updated on 29th Sep)

2,382 posts
Thanks Meter: 65

By zenkinz, Senior Member on 5th September 2009, 10:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2010, 03:36 AM |#401  
San Jose
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Dont install the cab and don't delete the manilafull.xml, only edit the registry. For me work great, the only problem is bubble menssage in manila.

24th February 2010, 10:37 AM |#402  
Flag Bodmin
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemota

I installed this and got back to MS messaging that is great, but it doesnt keep messages in coversation mode. Anyone else have this?

i got the MS messages running in threaded mode, instal HD tweak or something similar and enable threaded in the sms section, restart. it wont order existing texts but will thread the new ones coming in
25th February 2010, 04:15 AM |#403  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdabbs

i got the MS messages running in threaded mode, instal HD tweak or something similar and enable threaded in the sms section, restart. it wont order existing texts but will thread the new ones coming in

OK thanks......
25th February 2010, 12:00 PM |#404  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Exclamation
Hi! I don't find the voice in the registry to modify (Services/MSG I don't have this :S)... I've WM6.5.0 with cracing HD2 rom... and manila 2.5.2012

And if I try to install without modify, it isn't work...
26th February 2010, 06:41 AM |#405  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Working!!
Hi...

I am using PMDs rom for Sprint Diamond CDMA. Initially, all my messages had GSM suffix & I was not able to send messages. But, ver 1.2 solved my problem.

Thanks!!!
26th February 2010, 08:59 PM |#406  
Flag Soest
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Do this work for Manila 2.5.2012.1225? 21887 ROM....
27th February 2010, 10:45 AM |#407  

More
notification bubble
hi
unread message bubble works fine until i restore my text messages. anyone else experiencing this? maybe we find a solution here?
2nd March 2010, 04:08 AM |#408  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisRoj

Dont install the cab and don't delete the manilafull.xml, only edit the registry. For me work great, the only problem is bubble menssage in manila.

Can you send and recieve messages with no problem?! Because I've tried that some time ago just when this zenyee tweak becomes obsolete when newest manila builds come up, and the message service stopped working! I couldn't send neither recieve messages...
4th March 2010, 11:28 AM |#409  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 326

More
This is driving me nuts, running NRGs 26th Feb build, and using HTC messaging (I guess 2.1) and very happy with it. The only issue is on the Message Tab, all the links go to MS Messaging and not HTC Messaging (except when you press on the message itself).

I've tried searching everywhere for a solution, looked in numerous manila files and lua scripts and the messaging_pages.xml but can not for the life of me work out how to correct the links.

I would use MS Messaging, but it doesn't look up numbers/names as you write them, plus it looks terrible. As I said, everything else is working fine, its just that tab which isn't right.
4th March 2010, 01:15 PM |#410  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
NRGRom messaging
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltwater

This is driving me nuts, running NRGs 26th Feb build, and using HTC messaging (I guess 2.1) and very happy with it. The only issue is on the Message Tab, all the links go to MS Messaging and not HTC Messaging (except when you press on the message itself).

I've tried searching everywhere for a solution, looked in numerous manila files and lua scripts and the messaging_pages.xml but can not for the life of me work out how to correct the links.

I would use MS Messaging, but it doesn't look up numbers/names as you write them, plus it looks terrible. As I said, everything else is working fine, its just that tab which isn't right.

I have the same problem with Energy roms. It would be nice to get a solution.
4th March 2010, 02:15 PM |#411  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by etibon

I have the same problem with Energy roms. It would be nice to get a solution.

Ah! Someone else has the same issue, I was starting to think it was just me.
I've just looked at the source 2012 manila files for messaging, and only one lua script was different (unfortunately couldn't decompile mine for full compare) but swapping it made no difference. Makes me think it must be registry perhaps.

Edit:Scratch that just decompiled the lua script 345f892c_manila, looks like this might be the one to change, if I can.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
manila, messaging, sms, tweak, zenkinz

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)