Following up to my post above. I have created a cab that will make this process easier. There were a couple mistakes in the "app.reg" file that I have corrected. So, here are the instructions to disable the HTC Messaging Client and enable the MS Messaging Client instead:
1) Uninstall any messaging related cabs (including the Zenyee or Static cabs)
2) Disable Sense
3) Use Total Commander to Delete the "ManilaFull.xml" in the "\Windows" folder
4) Install the attached cab that corresponds to your device (GSM or CDMA)
5) Soft Reset
6) Go to "HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts"
Rename "SMS" to "SMS.htc"
7) Soft Reset
8) Install Arcsoft MMS software (go here if you need it)
9) Soft Reset
10) Enable Sense
Please let me know how it works for you guys!
I'd like to give credit to fone_fanatic, dagrim1, and xwpx520 for finding this information
FYI: There are 2 bugs present in this solution. 1)The manila messaging tab will not show the proper unread SMS count. 2)The LED light notification will not go off when you receive a new SMS. Now if somebody can figure out a working solution for either of these bugs then please let me know
|manila, messaging, sms, tweak, zenkinz|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|