Thanks Meter: 9,141

By Calkulin, Recognized Developer on 1st July 2010, 05:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2013, 11:49 PM |#3781  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1silvia

i got them thanks im the guy that downloaded that weired radio cant get a hold of the op. i tried flashing your radio but the med and phone number os 0000000 out cant even unlock msl to try to change any values

I had the exact same issue with the phone number and ID showing zeros but it was on the Revolt aosp e4gt 4.3 rom.. Did u figure out why it did this?
I am running another 4.3 aosp ROM without the phone number being zeroed but I still can't enter my msl to program anything. I get an error "modem exception occurred" and I can click Yes... If that makes sense? (Not an OK button) Been flashing and provisioning for a few years now and first I've ever seen this happen.. (I have an evo too in case ur wondering why I'm lurking this thread

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

28th December 2013, 04:34 AM |#3782  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I have my evo on revolutionary root nand-unlocked... if I flash the latest hboot combo file will I lose s-off or is it better to flash each one separate?
28th December 2013, 04:43 PM |#3783  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 22,285

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz86us

I have my evo on revolutionary root nand-unlocked... if I flash the latest hboot combo file will I lose s-off or is it better to flash each one separate?

Your HBOOT won't update, so S-OFF will remain.
28th December 2013, 05:18 PM |#3784  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Your HBOOT won't update, so S-OFF will remain.

I just found out i was only ship s-off.. how to I get radio s-off?
28th December 2013, 05:21 PM |#3785  
Flag Bensalem, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I just found out i was only ship s-off.. how to I get radio s-off?

You'd have to go back S-ON to do that, which doesn't seem worth the effort.

Revolutionary S-OFF is perfectly fine. Is there a reason you want to change it?
28th December 2013, 05:33 PM |#3786  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

You'd have to go back S-ON to do that, which doesn't seem worth the effort.

Revolutionary S-OFF is perfectly fine. Is there a reason you want to change it?

my EVO radio is outdated... won't this give me better coverage compared to the old radio there might have been new towers since then...
28th December 2013, 05:58 PM |#3787  
Flag Bensalem, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

my EVO radio is outdated... won't this give me better coverage compared to the old radio there might have been new towers since then...

Updating your radio and having radio S-OFF are two completely different things. You can update your radios fine with Revolutionary S-OFF.
30th December 2013, 06:29 PM |#3788  
Flag long beach
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mp4c

I had the exact same issue with the phone number and ID showing zeros but it was on the Revolt aosp e4gt 4.3 rom.. Did u figure out why it did this?
I am running another 4.3 aosp ROM without the phone number being zeroed but I still can't enter my msl to program anything. I get an error "modem exception occurred" and I can click Yes... If that makes sense? (Not an OK button) Been flashing and provisioning for a few years now and first I've ever seen this happen.. (I have an evo too in case ur wondering why I'm lurking this thread

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yes my phone is offically screwed i cant unlock the msl tried to revert back to a sense rom to no avale it keeps rebooting will keep for spare parts and buy another used phone
30th December 2013, 06:41 PM |#3789  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1silvia

yes my phone is offically screwed i cant unlock the msl tried to revert back to a sense rom to no avale it keeps rebooting will keep for spare parts and buy another used phone

That sux. Have u tried getting into it with adb or anything? If u can get to the point of flashing in recovery I would say all is not lost, though I'm no expert. Maybe someone here can point u in the right direction to recover it
31st December 2013, 05:38 PM |#3790  
Thanks Meter: 4,392

Donate to Me
More
You need to use service programing to write your info back to the phone, using a sense Rom dial ##3424# use efs to write your meid hex, hit reset and you should have the ability to use your msl again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)