FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ Radios ][ 9-5 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions

1,625 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,141
 
By Calkulin, Recognized Developer on 1st July 2010, 06:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2010, 08:48 PM |#501  
OneStepAhead's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 560
 
10
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney219

question? what are radio's, Wimax, PRI, and NV

radio is your CDMA receiver/transmitter, it's what lets you make and receive calls and 3G data. a better radio should help your signal/battery life/mobile data speeds. of course newer is not always better for everyone.

WiMax is your 4G receiver/transmitter (mobile data)

PRI, it has something to do with how your phone communicates with the tower. some people report faster 3g speeds with different PRI's. there is much debate as to how important it actually is.

NV is your non-volatile memory. stores information. not sure what information it stores on an EVO exactly.

of course i could be totally wrong or making up these definitions
 
 
7th November 2010, 10:32 PM |#502  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStepAhead

radio is your CDMA receiver/transmitter, it's what lets you make and receive calls and 3G data. a better radio should help your signal/battery life/mobile data speeds. of course newer is not always better for everyone.

WiMax is your 4G receiver/transmitter (mobile data)

PRI, it has something to do with how your phone communicates with the tower. some people report faster 3g speeds with different PRI's. there is much debate as to how important it actually is.

NV is your non-volatile memory. stores information. not sure what information it stores on an EVO exactly.

of course i could be totally wrong or making up these definitions

lol...thanks homie
7th November 2010, 10:43 PM |#503  
NSIDIUS's Avatar
Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
If I run into an error in Clockwork Recovery when trying to flash the NV file, does that mean I don't have Nand (S Off)??? Any way I can tell if I don't have Nand Unlocked (S-off), thought I did, shoot.

*******

Left this up for anyone with this same question. Answered my own question. Yes, it does mean you do NOT have S-off. Used Unrevoked tool to get S-off and the install worked.

When in doubt, search!
7th November 2010, 11:18 PM |#504  
NSIDIUS's Avatar
Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anyone found a good combo for Chicago? On 4G I have a blazing fast 1.04 mb/s dl rate with 2 bars on the 4g meter. Awful. Currently I'm on all the lastest radios etc.
7th November 2010, 11:32 PM |#505  
scottspa74's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag everett
Thanks Meter: 3,130
 
More
Hey all, I'm still using the 2.07.028 or whatever. Not the 2.15.009. I'm a little leery of flashing new radio cuz I don't want to update my pri to 1.77 because if it's slow for me, I can only flash back to 1.34 pri (which is almost unusable in my phone), not back to 1.400.3 (which works well on my phone/area) as a zip for the 1.400.3 has never been made

Also leery cuz when I flashed the radio I have now, it stalled out at "...formatting cache" in recovery every time I tried to flash it . I think I had to do battery pulls, if I I remember correctly. I've heard that battery pulls in a radio flash will brick Android phone. Can anyone speak to this or advise in precautions. I do have full amonRA nand backups.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone post an md5sum for the 2.15.009 radio please?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
8th November 2010, 01:47 AM |#506  
R32_Rocky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
+1, why hasn't PRI 1.40 been made into a zip in all this time?

Which also brings up a question I asked long ago:

Do all the files; PRI, NV, and the radio have to match up properly? For example, if you want to use radio 2.00.07.028, should you also have the older NV 1.34 and the older PRI 1.34 to match? Could perhaps the mixing of the different versions be causing the problems many have? Has anyone seriously tested this theory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74

Hey all, I'm still using the 2.07.028 or whatever. Not the 2.15.009. I'm a little leery of flashing new radio cuz I don't want to update my pri to 1.77 because if it's slow for me, I can only flash back to 1.34 pri (which is almost unusable in my phone), not back to 1.400.3 (which works well on my phone/area) as a zip for the 1.400.3 has never been made

Also leery cuz when I flashed the radio I have now, it stalled out at "...formatting cache" in recovery every time I tried to flash it . I think I had to do battery pulls, if I I remember correctly. I've heard that battery pulls in a radio flash will brick Android phone. Can anyone speak to this or advise in precautions. I do have full amonRA nand backups.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone post an md5sum for the 2.15.009 radio please?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

8th November 2010, 04:56 AM |#507  
kpoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSIDIUS

Anyone found a good combo for Chicago? On 4G I have a blazing fast 1.04 mb/s dl rate with 2 bars on the 4g meter. Awful. Currently I'm on all the lastest radios etc.

Latest radio and wimax w/ the 1.34 PRI gets me between 6 and 9 mbps and I live in the Gold Coast (of Chicago).

See the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20100811_183245.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	436305  
8th November 2010, 07:54 PM |#508  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I need some help. I have rooted my phone and installed Fresh 3.4. I also updated my radio ect with the packet at the begining of this thread. But my phone will still not connect to 4G. I have another (stock) Evo and it connects fine. It will just sit there scanning and never connect. When I check WiMax settings there is not a IP address. Any help would be appreicated. I am sure I just missed a step somewhere.
8th November 2010, 08:29 PM |#509  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
whats the best Radio and Prl
8th November 2010, 08:41 PM |#510  
Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
If there was a best why would there be choices? U have to try them out and see what works best for your area
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney219

whats the best Radio and Prl



Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
8th November 2010, 09:14 PM |#511  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by disbud4you

I need some help. I have rooted my phone and installed Fresh 3.4. I also updated my radio ect with the packet at the begining of this thread. But my phone will still not connect to 4G. I have another (stock) Evo and it connects fine. It will just sit there scanning and never connect. When I check WiMax settings there is not a IP address. Any help would be appreicated. I am sure I just missed a step somewhere.

Just some additional information. When I check WiMax Engineering this is the info I get:
State=searching
Channel=2518500
NSP-ID= 00000
NAP-ID=00000
Bandwith=Not Ready
Duplex Mode=TDD
Firmware=4.6.2.2-24522-HTC
IP Address=blank
Software=4.6.2.2-24522-HTC
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes