By Taifuuni89, Senior Member on 4th August 2010, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2013, 10:22 PM |#291  
Flag -
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonci

OK, I replaced my broken screen with the part of eBay the one with the frame and microphone, since its easier and its nearly the same price as screen +digitizer.
Now the phone look as new, because the frame got replaced too, but I can't control the brightness anymore, It stays on max, auto brightness doesn't work too, I'm using screen filter as the only workaround.
The lux sensor works OK cause I see it changing..
Also when I put the phone in download mode, I don't see the android logo, just black screen, but I know it enters cause Odin recognize it.
Any help?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Strange, the screen was new?
It was for GT-i9000? I have read somewhere that are some korean versions of the screen that looks the same.
In theory the brightness is given by motherboard by increase or dimming the voltage for the leds. maybe one of the contacts are imperfect.
With the old screen, if you make the connection now without replacing (maybe you can connect the battery and the old screen with case open) the brightness is working?

8th February 2014, 10:54 AM |#292  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
So after something more than 3 months my replacement screen went out yesterday. I tried reassembling it hoping screen ribbon has loose connector, but no, no go for me. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable ordering again from ebay. On the other hand if I take it to local shop for repair it would cost more 10/10 condition used one. I really feel bad about this...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)