Thanks Meter: 8,148

By hardcore, Senior Member on 30th December 2010, 10:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2011, 05:34 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe08

Also what Is the headphone output level for version i? +1 for higher max speaker output and headphone output. To me the louder option is better because if I need it I can use it or else use less volume (well... I don't want my speakers to blow)

+5011

I've been wondering if it's possible to bump up the output volume levels. After using AudioBoost, I know it's possible, but maybe with a custom kernel it's possible to do it without having it put such a strain on things. With AudioBoost it's quite noticeable, especially if you have a live wallpaper running.
The Following User Says Thank You to XGX5309 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XGX5309 Ad-Free

Red5
10th January 2011, 05:36 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by q5ypdg9

I'm currently using K12K, but I agree that battery life seemed to be better with K12I - I retained the zip file just in case I want to switch back.

I am running Phoenix 2.5; Modem JK4

Cool thanks. Do you feel that this Speed kernel is better than the Firebird kernel that came with Phoenix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore

There's no difference in the code between I, J and K that could affect the battery. So I think it's just the usual case of the battery meter being inaccurate after flashing.

It's best to use it for a few days to see if there's really any difference in battery life.

Ahh, thanks for the info. Ive used the Firebird kernel now for 4 days, hoping that it would straighten out for me, but its still killing my battery awfully fast. I think Ill try K and see what happens. Thanks.
10th January 2011, 06:50 AM |#503  
OK
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Never seen too much of a change in battery life between versions. Just put on "J" 500hz version the other day so heres my current.. 16 hours and down to 82% ...you wont see me complain.. and this is after the 98% percent full charge bug everyone is talking about in the 2.2.1 roms.

Going to move to K as things did feel a bit weird on the audio in J. Thanks Harcore for keeping it up over here for us captivate people

10th January 2011, 07:58 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
The first thing I notice almost immediately is it's not as fast as Voodoo, however I'm going to test this and report back on the battery life, thanks.
10th January 2011, 10:08 AM |#505  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Anyone experiencing non-restoring network connection in low-coverage areas with new K12K?
10th January 2011, 10:55 AM |#506  
Flag Quad Cities, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 371

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majortom420

The first thing I notice almost immediately is it's not as fast as Voodoo, however I'm going to test this and report back on the battery life, thanks.

I have noticed this as well, but the battery life is litterally 2x as good. IMO it runs smooth enough to not be an issue.

Sent from my SGH-I897
10th January 2011, 11:11 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Bluetooth Headset Static
I Have Flashed This Kernel Over Cognition 2.3b8 And Have Tried Every I9000 Modem. I'm Now On JK4 And Still Have Static. I Have A Samsung WEP870. Is There A Fix For This???
10th January 2011, 12:10 PM |#508  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernaertB

I Have Flashed This Kernel Over Cognition 2.3b8 And Have Tried Every I9000 Modem. I'm Now On JK4 And Still Have Static. I Have A Samsung WEP870. Is There A Fix For This???

You need to ref lash to stock and install a i9000 rom like perception. You cant use a captivate rom with an i9000 modem.
The Following User Says Thank You to simulatordos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simulatordos Ad-Free
10th January 2011, 12:37 PM |#509  
Cape Cod
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernaertB

Have you tried the TLJL3 modem? Also see if the headset itself has a factory reset function, and use Titanium Backup or a similar program to wipe the user data from "Bluetooth Pairings," then reconnect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simulatordos

You need to ref lash to stock and install a i9000 rom like perception. You cant use a captivate rom with an i9000 modem.

This simply isn't true. There are several people, myself included, using this kernel with the latest Cognition, a Captivate ROM. I can tell you that the JJ4 Captivate and T959TLJL3 modems both work well with this kernel/ROM combo. I can't speak to bluetooth functionality as I've only used the OEM headset thus far.

Posted from i897/Cognition 2.3b8/speedmod k12k/T959TLJL3 using XDA App.
The Following User Says Thank You to delugeofspam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift delugeofspam Ad-Free
10th January 2011, 01:00 PM |#510  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 2,233

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009

Nope. Read my post (#466) a little after that. Over 7% drain in under 2 hours in idle mode when on kernel "J". On "H" and "I" I had awesome battery backup.

Same here I experienced more idle drain on J. So I went back to I.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App
10th January 2011, 01:20 PM |#511  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8,148

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eep2378

Same here I experienced more idle drain on J. So I went back to I.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

You should only make a final judgement on battery usage after a few days' use, because the better meter can be very inconsistent.

Anyway version K is significantly faster than any previous version because I stopped using the bfq scheduler.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)