[ROM][CWM]KhasMek Stock Deodexed plus! For Tab 10.1

Search This thread

jackonod

Oct 12, 2009
It could be so great if someone could upload it again this rom. I have a retro Honeycomb nostalgic feeling, I want 3.1 no TW on my 10.1, even this Tab not my Nr.1 to use, but I like the feeling and the beauty of Honeycomb. Please, anybody, who have this rom, upload it again please!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As normal, it's not my fault if you fubar your tab by flashing this or if zombies come and speedhump your cat. You've been warned.

Well, hello there, some of you may know me from my vzwtab (7") work, but I'm sure most of you don't.

No matter, I just finished deodexing my framework and app folders, so I decided to share with you.

This isn't anything special, just you're stock system that's been deodexed, I did not remove any programs, there are really only three or so 'bloatware' apps on here, so I didn't bother.
    If you would like to, just use root file explorer (or your preferred method) to remove them.

In addition to the stock items I have added pershoot's SU/Busybox/misc package (SOURCE) All credit goes to him for that.

If there's anything else, just let me know. I have tested this on my own rooted tab and everything seems to work fine and be stable.
    If you notice any issues, please format/clear both Dalvik & normal Cache. It's probably the cause.

Features
    • Deodexed flashable system
    • Pershoot's SU/Busybox/misc pacakage (nano, VIM, all kinds of other goodies)

Changelog

06212011- r1 - Initial Release

Known Issues
    • You may have to go through and manually delete your odex's in /system/app/ and /system/framework/ but the apk's and jar's no longer call them. (I can't get the amend format command working right. if you want to tell me how, please!)

Installation
    • Reboot into CWM either via ROM Manager or via power off, volume down + power, volume down to CWM icon and volume up to select.
    • Select Install Zip from SD Card
    • Navigate to location of zip and select okay
    • Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache (in advanced)
    • Reboot
    • Make themes for me

Download

Lastly, if you like my work, donate to me so I can donate money to devs that make my world easier (and therefore yours).
    Decided to test this on the retail version.

The only problem is that root is broken because there are two su binaries installed.

/system/bin/su - installed from file Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip when you rooted the device.

/system/xbin/su - installed when you added [Tools] – SU/BusyBox/Misc – Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Update: 6/18/11).

To fix:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14016703&postcount=18
    ------
    the /system/bin/su binary need to be removed.

Su does not work on the tablet with two su binaries installed.

Use adb to remove /system/bin/su
    adb remount
    adb shell
    cd /system/bin
    rm su
    reboot

I tried running titanium backup prior to a reboot after removing /system/bin/su and it would not work. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it worked, but a reboot may have fixed the problem.

I manually deleted all the odex files - no problems so far. I will provide an update later if I have problems.

------------

You can remove /system/bin/su when you update the image again.

JD
    Are there any noticeable improvements using the deoexed rom?

P.s. op, thanks for taking the next step in development!

The only real difference (assuming you already had the root/busybox/misc tools package) is that this rom is able to have themes created for it. You will notice literally no difference, it's just de-odexed.
    question: I cant paste anything to /system/apps folder... it says file system is read only... is there a fix or a work around?

Are you using root explorer? If so you have to mount it to r/w. That's the same with any ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via Tapatalk