[ROM][PIE] LineageOS 16 (UNOFFICIAL) [22.02.2019][NOTE9]

Search This thread

Rainbow_Dash

https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device. Exynos variants such as International (F), International Dual(Hybrid)-SIM (F/DS), Korean (N) ONLY. In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/U1/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This it not a GSI. It is built on actual device trees

What's not working?
- Sometimes after setting the brightness to maximum, it doesn't want to lower its value and gets stuck. is fixed only by a reboot.
- The signalbar always shows 0 bars,altho this has no impact or call quality or data.
- HWC is currently disabled
Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS .

What's working?
Anything not specifically listed as not working

Instructions:
Make sure:TWRP has been installed and functional;
you are on the CSA2 based vendor and fw
Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
Reboot to recovery
Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
Flash the latest build (and gapps)
(optional) flash magisk for root
Reboot and enjoy :highfive:

Downloads:
Galaxy Note 9 (N960F/FD/N) : 22.02.2019 build

NOTE 9 CSA2 vendor
Providing feedback:
You are more than welcome to provide any kind of feedback here.
(limited only to feature requests)
You can also msg me anytime on telegram @ Rainbow_Alex_Dash

Telegram group?
HERE

Changelog:

Initial release

Troubleshooting/FAQ:

Q: I'm on a dualsim variant and (a) sim isn't detected.
A: Try reinserting your sim and rebooting. This wierdly nuff only happens on some* dualsim variants and no one has sent me a logcat yet.

Q: My mobile data (3G/4G) is not working/only 3g shows
A: Go into mobile network settings and select/create an apn, also select 4G as the preferred network type.

Q: How does this compare to GSIS?
A: It's abit better but that's highly subjective. Both have their ups and downs

Q: How good is the camera?
A: Actually,(by my standards), pretty good. Almost comparable to stock. Ofc the aosp cam doesn't have the fancy filtering, features and stuff but by far not bad. Alot better than 8.1 roms anyway.

Q: Safetynet doesn't pass?
A: Yeah, i guess that's a thing. Go into magisk and download some module called props hide or something. Don't forget to run it from terminal. It should work from there

Q: The rom isn't booting/camera doesn't work
A: Flash/make sure you have the CSA2 vendor and fw, and try again. This has been tested. It's prolly something on ur end.

Q: I have another bug; How can i tell it to you while slightly increasing my changes of it ever getting fixed.
A: You can tell me what's going on either here or on telegram WITH A LOGCAT attached(required);if rom isn't booting at all attach /proc/last_kmsg.

Q: I don't know what/how to logcat. Is it really necessary?
A: Logcat or gtfo

Q: How can i support you?
A: Awwww thanks;On most of my posts on the left side there's a "donate to me" paypal button;. Send the seal some fish. Seriously. The seal realllyyyyy loves fish. You can do that,donations are more than welcome, or if you don't have any $ to spare you can also post here about how awesome i am (this surprisingly helps very much)

Credits:
BIG thankies to @Ivan_Meler. He was at the center of all of this, and he single handedly did the pie bringup
Jesec for the initial trees
@Vaughnell for major contributions in the note9 bringup from the original s9 trees
The LineageOS team for creating the rom we so do enjoy
Many good people from the telegram group (linked above) that helped me create this project and spamming for etas
@malinathani for being a coolboi and misc help (up until he got an oneplus6t, now he lameboi)

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
Rainbow_Dash, Ivan_Meler,jesec
Source Code: [url]http://github.com/rainbowdashh[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: CSA2 vendor and fw
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2019-02-22

Created 2019-02-22
Last Updated 2019-02-22

Last edited:

Gabe2014

Jan 19, 2014
Yes one more Rom .. thanks @Rainbow_Dash for bring are Note 9 at the live again.... lol, people lest motivated this development , go into the Telegran for live experiences to help and make some donations ✌

Sewwer

Aug 16, 2012
Thank you (and all other contributors) very match for work on LineageOS for Note 9! Is any info, will be future updates for this ROM, or may be push to LOS official support devices?

And sorry for noob question, but what mean "Make sure:TWRP has been installed and functional; you are on the CSA2 based vendor and fw"? If I have LOS 15.1 , can I install this by simple flash vendor and ROM? Thank you.

Last edited:

bartjeh1991

Mar 6, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thank you (and all other contributors) very match for work on LineageOS for Note 9! Is any info, will be future updates for this ROM, or may be push to LOS official support devices?

And sorry for noob question, but what mean "Make sure:TWRP has been installed and functional; you are on the CSA2 based vendor and fw"? If I have LOS 15.1 , can I install this by simple flash vendor and ROM? Thank you.
Make sure you flash vendor image CSA2. Then it should be working.

BTW LOS is very good. Almost no bags. Only battery life is bad ?

exmatproton

Dec 1, 2010
Breda
www.soundcloud.com
this ROM is bootlooping on me. I am on CSA2 FW and Vendor, unlocked the bootloader and use a working (latest) TWRP), but after flashing it is still bootlooping...

Attachments

• CSA2.JPG
    CSA2.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,077
Last edited:

foc110

Mar 3, 2013
I was wondering If this rom works on the N960F/DS version. I wasn't sure. I'm wanting to get that phone, but only if a rom as this one is compatible.

sciwhiz

Jun 5, 2011
Montreal
Running on 960F/DS. Works really well for a first release. Some issues I've noticed, likely from upstream:
- Phone application sometimes freezes 5 seconds when typing in keypad. Fixed with reboot.
- Notification pull down gesture on home screen gets triggered when adding widgets
- Battery life started off really bad, like losing 1% every 15min doing nothing. Turned off all wireless stuff except calling and its reasonable now. Going to try to narrow down what is causing it.

Thanks for your work, I've been putting off using my note9 until an AOSP rom came out for it.

Reactions: PieceofSlice

cylent

Dec 13, 2008
London
How do I known if my system has CSA2 vendor and fw...?
I currently have Dr ketans rom working fine which is pie.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device. Exynos variants such as International (F), International Dual(Hybrid)-SIM (F/DS), Korean (N) ONLY. In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/U1/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This it not a GSI. It is built on actual device trees

What's not working?
    - Sometimes after setting the brightness to maximum, it doesn't want to lower its value and gets stuck. is fixed only by a reboot.
    - The signalbar always shows 0 bars,altho this has no impact or call quality or data.
    - HWC is currently disabled
    Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS .

What's working?
    Anything not specifically listed as not working

Instructions:
    Make sure:TWRP has been installed and functional;
    you are on the CSA2 based vendor and fw
    Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    Flash the latest build (and gapps)
    (optional) flash magisk for root
    Reboot and enjoy :highfive:

Downloads:
    Galaxy Note 9 (N960F/FD/N) : 22.02.2019 build

NOTE 9 CSA2 vendor
    Providing feedback:
    You are more than welcome to provide any kind of feedback here.
    (limited only to feature requests)
    You can also msg me anytime on telegram @ Rainbow_Alex_Dash

Telegram group?
    HERE

Changelog:

Initial release

Troubleshooting/FAQ:

Q: I'm on a dualsim variant and (a) sim isn't detected.
    A: Try reinserting your sim and rebooting. This wierdly nuff only happens on some* dualsim variants and no one has sent me a logcat yet.

Q: My mobile data (3G/4G) is not working/only 3g shows
    A: Go into mobile network settings and select/create an apn, also select 4G as the preferred network type.

Q: How does this compare to GSIS?
    A: It's abit better but that's highly subjective. Both have their ups and downs

Q: How good is the camera?
    A: Actually,(by my standards), pretty good. Almost comparable to stock. Ofc the aosp cam doesn't have the fancy filtering, features and stuff but by far not bad. Alot better than 8.1 roms anyway.

Q: Safetynet doesn't pass?
    A: Yeah, i guess that's a thing. Go into magisk and download some module called props hide or something. Don't forget to run it from terminal. It should work from there

Q: The rom isn't booting/camera doesn't work
    A: Flash/make sure you have the CSA2 vendor and fw, and try again. This has been tested. It's prolly something on ur end.

Q: I have another bug; How can i tell it to you while slightly increasing my changes of it ever getting fixed.
    A: You can tell me what's going on either here or on telegram WITH A LOGCAT attached(required);if rom isn't booting at all attach /proc/last_kmsg.

Q: I don't know what/how to logcat. Is it really necessary?
    A: Logcat or gtfo

Q: How can i support you?
    A: Awwww thanks;On most of my posts on the left side there's a "donate to me" paypal button;. Send the seal some fish. Seriously. The seal realllyyyyy loves fish. You can do that,donations are more than welcome, or if you don't have any $ to spare you can also post here about how awesome i am (this surprisingly helps very much)

Credits:
    BIG thankies to @Ivan_Meler. He was at the center of all of this, and he single handedly did the pie bringup
    Jesec for the initial trees
    @Vaughnell for major contributions in the note9 bringup from the original s9 trees
    The LineageOS team for creating the rom we so do enjoy
    Many good people from the telegram group (linked above) that helped me create this project and spamming for etas
    @malinathani for being a coolboi and misc help (up until he got an oneplus6t, now he lameboi)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    Rainbow_Dash, Ivan_Meler,jesec
    Source Code: [url]http://github.com/rainbowdashh[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CSA2 vendor and fw
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-02-22

Created 2019-02-22
    Last Updated 2019-02-22
    Anyone got some screenshots?

There you go. But I already applied the black design, made everything smaller and removed the buttons

Anyone has a working Google or Samsung camera? All I get are fc with the Google camera that worked with stock
    I will update this...sometime...when there's a reason to.
    I'm not ded yet
    great rom.how to root bro?

For root use Magisk Manager.
    v7.0.0 (recommended) or just flash Magisk
    v18.1.zip with twrp from here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    Sorry for noob question, but I really would like to try out linageos on my note9, I have always been a huge fan of LOS and usually I have a device with official support, when I saw this I thought great I will try it however I have no idea what this means. Pls halp?

"you are on the CSA2 based vendor and fw"

It means that you should make sure that this specific version of baseband and firmware is installed on your device before you try to install LOS. You can check your currently installed version under Settings -> About phone -> Software.

I'm still on the original (heavily debloated) stock ROM because hardware compositor acceleration is currently disabled on LOS for the Note 9. So I don't think it is a good idea to use it as a daily driver.