FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,607

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2015, 01:04 PM |#18101  
Thanks Meter: 964

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgneto

No issues for me on BlissPop 3.2

Sent from my LG-D855

does v2.3.4.0 breaks calling on 5.1.1?
28th April 2015, 01:29 PM |#18102  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSUsername

nop.
28th April 2015, 03:01 PM |#18103  
Flag Kolding
Thanks Meter: 2,286

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globespy

Seems that the dangers of permissive far outweigh the benefits of your wonderful app.
Any chance you could work on this, I'm attaching a reply from flar2, developer of ElementalX.
Perhaps you could use the suggestions and methods used by chainfire to allow your app to work without such a huge security hole? I think it's almost a certainty for you to keep your use base given the dangers to sensitive private information that is opened up setting permissive?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=17772
Thanks

Until then, there is an alternative. ROM developers can simply customize their ROM to work with V4A.
I did this for 5.02:
Add a neverallow exception in the sepolicy for mediaserver under domain userdebug_or_eng (domain.te).
Allow V4A in the devices sepolicy/mediaserver.te
Eventually just compile the kernel, so the user still can choose full security or "media-relaxed".
No - I don't know the dangers of this, but they are for sure far from the risk of opening up the whole phone.

Here is how I install V4A on Android 502: Install "the genuine" apk. Reboot. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandicela

While this may be true, a quick search of "who developed SELinux" will link you to the site that can also make you ponder for a bit. Permissive or Enforcing, I guess there will all the time be pros and cons, or cons and pros. For us consumers, we are the ones in between.

Source is fully open for anyone to examine. Gapps is the one you should be concerned about
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teemo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift teemo Ad-Free
28th April 2015, 03:24 PM |#18104  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi everyone!

I got a Honor 6 (really good phone for the price) but the jack sound quality is not that good for an audiophile. So i got myself an external DAC (Digitial Audio converter) from HiFiME http://hifimediy.com/android-dac . Great little device that really improves sound quality as its chip is dedicated to audio conversion.

At least, on my wife Moto G! Because it is not working on the honor 6.
Very frustrating: I listen to music using Deezer. When I play from Deezer, nothing comes out from the DAC (sound comes out of the rear speaker). Now, if I play music from local files using the USB AUDIO PLAYER app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...layerpro&hl=fr) it works....
Seems to imply that not only th USB OTG feature is requiered (which is the case on the Honor 6) but also the USB AUDIO DRIVER feature. Which is embeded in the USB Audio PLayer App but not native in the honor 6.

Would you guys know whether installing viper4android would enable the USB AUDIO feature? On post #1, i read, Viper supports USB outpout. Does that mean it enables USB outputs???

Thanks!
Cheers,
K
28th April 2015, 03:38 PM |#18105  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSUsername

It does for me. 5.1
28th April 2015, 03:44 PM |#18106  
Flag Styria
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalapyu

Hi everyone!

I got a Honor 6 (really good phone for the price) but the jack sound quality is not that good for an audiophile. So i got myself an external DAC (Digitial Audio converter) from HiFiME http://hifimediy.com/android-dac . Great little device that really improves sound quality as its chip is dedicated to audio conversion.

At least, on my wife Moto G! Because it is not working on the honor 6.
Very frustrating: I listen to music using Deezer. When I play from Deezer, nothing comes out from the DAC (sound comes out of the rear speaker). Now, if I play music from local files using the USB AUDIO PLAYER app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...layerpro&hl=fr) it works....
Seems to imply that not only th USB OTG feature is requiered (which is the case on the Honor 6) but also the USB AUDIO DRIVER feature. Which is embeded in the USB Audio PLayer App but not native in the honor 6.

Would you guys know whether installing viper4android would enable the USB AUDIO feature? On post #1, i read, Viper supports USB outpout. Does that mean it enables USB outputs???

Thanks!
Cheers,
K

Supporting doesnt mean it includes the feature, it just means that it would work with it Damn Ive never met an audiophile on a budget xD that just doesnt go well together haha
28th April 2015, 03:51 PM |#18107  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsEr313131

Supporting doesnt mean it includes the feature, it just means that it would work with it Damn Ive never met an audiophile on a budget xD that just doesnt go well together haha

Ha ha
I try to have priorities! Good headphones and gold source files. For thé rest, i try to be agnostic from any device or brand... I tried thé hifime dac because it is $30!! If i can make USB work... I will probably upgrade
The Following User Says Thank You to kalapyu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kalapyu Ad-Free
28th April 2015, 04:12 PM |#18108  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Does anyone have the 2.3.3.0 zip on hand? The latest wrecks the in-call audio on my ROM. Thought I'd give the previous package a try.
28th April 2015, 04:37 PM |#18109  
Flag Kolding
Thanks Meter: 2,286

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ejekt

Does anyone have the 2.3.3.0 zip on hand? The latest wrecks the in-call audio on my ROM. Thought I'd give the previous package a try.

Is this the right one? It does say 2.3.3:
http://shares.teemo.dk/s#ac3f765a-c8...id_FX_A4.x.apk
28th April 2015, 06:30 PM |#18110  
Flag Spaceship Earth
Thanks Meter: 410

More
You know much more than most, thank you for your reply and suggestions.
The majority of people aren't that technical on here, so the reality is that most will hear 'security risk' from a small independent app created by a couple of virtually unknown developers and that will be enough to remove permissive mode.
It's all about risk/reward and whilst your are correct that big corporate monsters like Google are indeed likely up to some sneaky stuff, you have to remember that they also are massive litigation targets if their products are found out to be acting in dishonest/distrustful ways - there's always someone smarter in the world than the Google developer who will figure things out and blow the lid off.
With a couple of developers there's really no recourse worth pursuing if their app causes grievous harm to an individuals private information, and this is often plastered on their OP about your use of their app is under the understanding that you will not hold them liable for any negative impact to them caused by their app. And like I said, there's likely nothing to gain by litigation as it's likely these devs are not multi millionaires with anything to litigate from!
I've read about who developed SE Linux, interesting, yet it's a moot point. The security hole is there and a highly skilled person could likely gain far more access than many would think.
Bottom line is that in today's world of ever increasing digital breaches/violations of people's personal information only the ignorant would choose to increase that risk.
As Flar2/Chainfire have pointed out, solutions do exist and I'm sure that these would require minimal work to incorporate - I'm sure V4A could collaborate and rectify with little effort. Knowing that these risks can easily be fixed with a little extra work and still refusing to make changes that are arguably dangerous to the security of personal information isn't a favorable characteristic of a developer app that most would consider ok to let go.
I truly enjoy V4A but our phones these days are often repository's for our most sensitive personal information and to potentially give that up for improved sound quality isn't a smart compromise.
I hope that this gets figured out, evolve or die as they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemo

Until then, there is an alternative. ROM developers can simply customize their ROM to work with V4A.
I did this for 5.02:
Add a neverallow exception in the sepolicy for mediaserver under domain userdebug_or_eng (domain.te).
Allow V4A in the devices sepolicy/mediaserver.te
Eventually just compile the kernel, so the user still can choose full security or "media-relaxed".
No - I don't know the dangers of this, but they are for sure far from the risk of opening up the whole phone.

Here is how I install V4A on Android 502: Install "the genuine" apk. Reboot. Done.

Source is fully open for anyone to examine. Gapps is the one you should be concerned about

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Globespy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Globespy Ad-Free
28th April 2015, 08:31 PM |#18111  
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 862

Donate to Me
More
Anyone help me with suggestions on how to get ViPER4Android XHiFi to install the driver? The Rom I am on w/ my Note 4 is kitkat 4.4.4 based. ViPER4Android FX came pre-installed w/ Rom and have had no issues with it. I would like to try adding the XHiFi version in as with following some discussion here along with ability to run both on previous devices, I think audio is further improved. The custom kernel I run is set "permissive"...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)