FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME/MOD]v21y 2.3.4 Arc'd Theme+QuickPanel MOD

822 posts
Thanks Meter: 878
 
By kwes1020, Senior Member on 28th April 2012, 05:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As I was working on the current ROM I am trying to get going I got agitated and so for a break I themed it and made this while trying to get the extended toggles and tweaks to work right.

There is no need to do any wipes, as long as you are already on the stock 2.3.4 v21y rooted ROM that I posted. This theme is based off of the Xperia Arc UI and is FAR from complete, but I thought people would like something different with some functionality so here it is.

This will add the basic quickpanel toggles as well as the theme that I have included. All that is included so far is SystemUI, framework-res and some other small adjustments here and there.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything you choose to flash to your phone.

Screenshots:



To install:
1. Have v21y already installed.
2. Boot into CWM Recovery.
3. Just flash the zip do not wipe anything.
4. Reboot.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2kzxn29a46tr5sj

Thanks to UOT for the font and animation cause im lazy.
Lotherius for Tsugi, cause I kanged his quick panel.
Team Kang for teaching me to kang.
And everyone who supports our work.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to kwes1020 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kwes1020 Ad-Free
 
 
28th April 2012, 05:22 AM |#2  
lotherius's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
Donate to Me
More
Very nice! I shall try this out

Any chance you could remove the battery full notice as well? I'm having to keep my system sounds at 0% because that shite ruins my sleep. ... that is the main reason I've been threatening to fire up the smali editor...
The Following User Says Thank You to lotherius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lotherius Ad-Free
28th April 2012, 05:26 AM |#3  
kwes1020's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Arthur, Texas
Thanks Meter: 878
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotherius

Very nice! I shall try this out

Any chance you could remove the battery full notice as well? I'm having to keep my system sounds at 0% because that shite ruins my sleep. ... that is the main reason I've been threatening to fire up the smali editor...

LOL yeah, its not included here but I will do it in the next couple days. Im having a hell of a time with systemui acting right for some reason (probably all the smali edits). On what im running I have it already disabled and alot of other stuff, but its just insanely buggy at this point, so I put out the most stable thing I had for people to use.

I'm not sure why im having the issues I am, but its like nothing I have encountered before....
28th April 2012, 05:32 AM |#4  
lotherius's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwes1020

LOL yeah, its not included here but I will do it in the next couple days. Im having a hell of a time with systemui acting right for some reason (probably all the smali edits). On what im running I have it already disabled and alot of other stuff, but its just insanely buggy at this point, so I put out the most stable thing I had for people to use.

I'm not sure why im having the issues I am, but its like nothing I have encountered before....

How different is the code from the leaked 2.3.4? If you need to see what I did in Tsugi, feel free to rip anything that helps.
28th April 2012, 05:39 AM |#5  
kwes1020's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Arthur, Texas
Thanks Meter: 878
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotherius

How different is the code from the leaked 2.3.4? If you need to see what I did in Tsugi, feel free to rip anything that helps.

I kanged quick panel almost verbatim lol. But, there is differences in ALOT of the smali. Especially around USB, signal, and points like that. I would almost be willing to bet you MIGHT be able to try this on tsugi and it may...fix some of the issues.
28th April 2012, 05:56 AM |#6  
lotherius's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwes1020

I kanged quick panel almost verbatim lol. But, there is differences in ALOT of the smali. Especially around USB, signal, and points like that. I would almost be willing to bet you MIGHT be able to try this on tsugi and it may...fix some of the issues.

Well, the good news is I didn't touch the USB or signal code at all. IIRC, Weapon had some changes to signal code related to how some of the lockscreens needed to access phone state, etc. Which is why I didn't mess with that code with a 10 foot pole!

The USB code looked like when LG first grabbed it, it had support for USB host in place, which they simply disabled. They may have messed some stuff up doing that, and fixed it for the final 2.3.4.

It is promising though that this isn't just a simple recompile of the leaked version, maybe we finally have a stable STOCK ROM for the g2x after all this time.
28th April 2012, 05:57 AM |#7  
vn00914361's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Westminster
Thanks Meter: 177
 
More
Awesome theme and toggles.
I think people are more about 3D looking toggles like these
http://db.tt/WU8LOber

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
28th April 2012, 06:10 AM |#8  
kwes1020's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Arthur, Texas
Thanks Meter: 878
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotherius

Well, the good news is I didn't touch the USB or signal code at all. IIRC, Weapon had some changes to signal code related to how some of the lockscreens needed to access phone state, etc. Which is why I didn't mess with that code with a 10 foot pole!

The USB code looked like when LG first grabbed it, it had support for USB host in place, which they simply disabled. They may have messed some stuff up doing that, and fixed it for the final 2.3.4.

It is promising though that this isn't just a simple recompile of the leaked version, maybe we finally have a stable STOCK ROM for the g2x after all this time.

lol weapons edits are not that bad. I have hella issues on 2.3.4 with signatures/non signed stuff. I see several small problems with 2.3.4 but they are easily fixed. First one is the dalvik rebuild issue you fixed with the repack, the literally kanged that code in.... The iffy wifi is visible in several spots too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vn00914361

Awesome theme and toggles.
I think people are more about 3D looking toggles like these
http://db.tt/WU8LOber

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

umm thats not 3d...it doesnt even show any depth whatsoever...but you are more then welcome to kang my stuff and add your own icons and post it. I dont care.
28th April 2012, 06:29 AM |#9  
lotherius's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwes1020

lol weapons edits are not that bad. I have hella issues on 2.3.4 with signatures/non signed stuff. I see several small problems with 2.3.4 but they are easily fixed. First one is the dalvik rebuild issue you fixed with the repack, the literally kanged that code in.... The iffy wifi is visible in several spots too.

I resigned the entire ROM (except google apps) when doing Tsugi, so I may have avoided signature problems that way.

As far as Wifi, mine has settled down and is working well, though it has gotten "stuck" on an old wifi once this week. That's a problem I see on my TouchPad as well, so it may have to do with the Apple router at a friend's house which is the network they tend to get stuck on... the device will think it's still connected even when you're miles away, and of course, it isn't actually connected. Have to toggle wifi off and back on.

OH YEAH.....

Are you still using older versions of aapt/apktool/baksmali? Or have you updated to the latest versions? That could be an issue, might try switching versions to older and/or newer.
28th April 2012, 06:30 AM |#10  
vn00914361's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Westminster
Thanks Meter: 177
 
More
Love the animation. Sorry about my idea and the pngs if you don't like em. Just a random thought of mine. Sorry though. No hard "peeling" huh

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
28th April 2012, 06:36 AM |#11  
kwes1020's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Port Arthur, Texas
Thanks Meter: 878
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotherius

I resigned the entire ROM (except google apps) when doing Tsugi, so I may have avoided signature problems that way.

As far as Wifi, mine has settled down and is working well, though it has gotten "stuck" on an old wifi once this week. That's a problem I see on my TouchPad as well, so it may have to do with the Apple router at a friend's house which is the network they tend to get stuck on... the device will think it's still connected even when you're miles away, and of course, it isn't actually connected. Have to toggle wifi off and back on.

OH YEAH.....

Are you still using older versions of aapt/apktool/baksmali? Or have you updated to the latest versions? That could be an issue, might try switching versions to older and/or newer.

Everything builds fine, I tried resigning everything, but....needless to say i can make my phone go into s/w by installing apps after i did it. I dont think the issue is with the version of the tools, its more to the sha5/sig checker in the newer version of the lg crapware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vn00914361

Love the animation. Sorry about my idea and the pngs if you don't like em. Just a random thought of mine. Sorry though. No hard "peeling" huh

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

no worries, i learned long ago cant please everyone. So I just do what I like. Those icons where ok but by no means they where 3d. :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
g2x, kwes1020, p999, team kang, v21y

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes