[Q] Thinking about upgrading from gs4

Search This thread

ITALIANNYC

Apr 20, 2012
I cracked my gs4 screen. Everything works, just need to change it. I have insurance but I can get it fixed for 100 at a local store.

I called tmobile and they are willing to give me the gs5 for 207 down with tax included, and to take 60 off my 260 bill of what's left of the eip.

I know I can sell my gs4 for 200 even with cracked screen to cover it, so it seems like the better deal to just pick up the new gs5.

I do have major concerns though. I rely on wifi calling completely at home. The gs4 is the only phone I have had that was flawless and perfect with it. No delayed voice during calls, and hardly any missed calls. Texts come through quick on wifi and never had an issue.

Sadly I have been reading about such problems on the board with the gs5. So what's the verdict? How is wifi calling with the gs5? Is the delaye messaging solved?

Thanks guys

em0ney14

Apr 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Since switching from Verizon to tmobile, I rely heavily on wifi.

Works perfect here, only concern is if you plan on flashing roms and kernels to verify they are the t mobile variant and wifi calling works.

So far, infinity rom and allianceROM are the ones, and a few more to come soon. ...... :p

T-Mobile Galaxy S5

Reactions: gridflash

gridflash

Sep 21, 2011
Portland, OR
I have so many WiFi hot spots around me I hardly use the Tmobile data plan. The phone immediately remembers hot spots I've been in whether it's a grocery store, coffee shop or open routers in my neighborhood.
I love this phone.
And towel root won't trip your knox flag.

ITALIANNYC

Apr 20, 2012
Are you Guys experiencing the straight to voicemail phone calls while on wifi calling though?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since switching from Verizon to tmobile, I rely heavily on wifi.

Works perfect here, only concern is if you plan on flashing roms and kernels to verify they are the t mobile variant and wifi calling works.

So far, infinity rom and allianceROM are the ones, and a few more to come soon. ...... :p

T-Mobile Galaxy S5