[ROM]Thrill Seeker 2.1 <A little MOAR V20p Ginger Goodness>

Search This thread

ryanbmw51

Jun 9, 2011
Winter Park, FL
I just check this thread from time to time cuz my wife has the thrill on this rom. Anyway. Here is what I get with true lte on my NOTE in Orlando.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334869099318.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334869099318.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 280

DevanPe

Sep 20, 2011
Salt Lake City
Do you have any proof that this is not an LTE phone or you are just blowing smoke? Please provide detail that we can verify ourselves. PROOF PLEASE!!!!

I'm with AT&T and yes it is a 4g phone, when compared to other current 4g phones. Originally 4g was for 100mbps and we are not even close to that so they changed the current high speed internet to "4G" (but no one realy cares about that now).
With AT&T, if you have 4G LTE in your area (very limited in US) you will get 4g speeds. The signals swithces from 4G LTE to 4G HSPA+ and down to 3G HSPA when needed with 4g LTE being the fastest. Other carriers don't have this option. The Thrill uses all three networks under AT&T.

See more detail, AT&T coverage area, and how 4g works on ATT phones below.
http://www.att.com/network/

Proof... when you unboxed your thrill and powered it on what did the signal indicator say? H+ right? Well sir there is your proof.

LTE is based off OFDM and requires different hardware so if you ever see a H+ on the signal indicator then you can be sure that you DO NOT have an LTE device.

And no this is not a 4g phone. To my knowledge there are no phones on the market today that can process 4g data. and there are definitely no networks that meet 4g speed specifications

Galaxy nexus, skyrocket, note these are all LTE devices and guess what...still not 4g.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Last edited:

yourguitarist

Proof... when you unboxed your thrill and powered it on what did the signal indicator say? H+ right? Well sir there is your proof.

LTE is based off OFDM and requires different hardware so if you ever see a H+ on the signal indicator then you can be sure that you DO NOT have an LTE device.

And no this is not a 4g phone. To my knowledge there are no phones on the market today that can process 4g data. and there are definitely no networks that meet 4g speed specifications

Galaxy nexus, skyrocket, note these are all LTE devices and guess what...still not 4g.

True 4G is gonna be LTE 2.0, right? And that won't be implemented for a while.

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
True 4G is gonna be LTE 2.0, right? And that won't be implemented for a while.

Its really hard to compare what the real terms mean to what we have now. The carriers were real idiots when they started using the term 4g when they knew full well it wasn't really 4g but is it sounded better then the competition who only had 3g. So all the carriers play catch up and they are all calling hspa+ 4g when its not. And then someone wants to sound better so they say 4g lte. Which they technically are lte but lte doesn't really correspond to the terms 2g 3g 4g... its different.

True 4g is like 100mbps...

And so I have spoken it.. and so it shall be.

Ronacarino

Sep 8, 2011
Spring Valley, CA
Regardless of the fast speed of real 4g or not.. its stupid having speed that fast, yet being capped at 3gbs a month unless your grandfathered in... its like having a ferrarri and only going speed limit. Lol

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

tylerdh12

Mar 26, 2008
Camas
www.cctech.webs.com
No you shouldn't have yo set the apn. I would try to download the rom again.

Did anyone else have the same problem as fn1046?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA
Yes I am Having an issue with the Data services not working on my device. I have LG Thrill running 2.3.5 on thrill seeker 2.1. went from Thriller 1.1.0. Everything works great accept that I have no data. I added an AT&T APN and it didn't help. I reset the factory apn settings. Been working on finding a solution for hours now and still sadly nothing. If there is a fix for it without having to re-flash the rom I'd b happily using 2.1 till something with ics comes out. Any ideas?

WattB006

Sep 24, 2011
Nebraska
Yes I am Having an issue with the Data services not working on my device. I have LG Thrill running 2.3.5 on thrill seeker 2.1. went from Thriller 1.1.0. Everything works great accept that I have no data. I added an AT&T APN and it didn't help. I reset the factory apn settings. Been working on finding a solution for hours now and still sadly nothing. If there is a fix for it without having to re-flash the rom I'd b happily using 2.1 till something with ics comes out. Any ideas?

I was having that issue but I noticed that the mobile data was not turned on in the settings after I flashed there ROM. if all else fails redownload and flash again.

hackedout

Feb 14, 2010

The thriller rom is on a froyo baseband. You have to upgrade to a gingerbread baseband for thrillseeker 2.1 to run right. Do an lg update to v20p baseband then flash thrillseeker rom.

metalgod862

Sep 26, 2011
I have having an issue with the bluetooth, it is really spotty sometimes when I tap on the icon it flashes blue then white blue then white like its trying to turn itself on then just shuts off. I then restart the phone and try turning it on from settings (not the notification bar) and it turns on. This is pretty annoying and hopefully it can get fixed

rodcleve

May 28, 2009
DFW
I got the LG Thrill because it was free and XDA has a forum about this phone. This ROM makes the phone a workable & enjoyable device. Battery life is all day vs. 4 hours with stock. The phone is very smooth with no or very little lag. I don't have to buy a extended battery and the only hang up will be that some 3D stuff sometimes don't work but that is very minor for me. 3d is more of a gimmick but I like to have on phone vs. other ROMS that don't have it. I enjoy having a phone that actually works

Great job and keep up the work.

hoskopico

Feb 15, 2011
Great rom just flashed it couple hours ago very smooth had a market Fc issue but I reflashed and now its all good

kurrptsenate

May 6, 2011
The update has been giving me issues since I flashed it over the original. It won't find my external SD card from within the phone (ES file manager). I only realized this when it changed my ringtone for me.

I also haven't had any luck getting my computer to recognize my phone when i try to mount it. Going to try to reflash it. If the problems persist, I'm going back to the original version.

Edit : I had to fix permissions to allow me to mount the phone, but it clearly doesn't detect the external SD card. Fixing permissions also caused all the fonts to be extremely jacked up.

Hopefully reflashing fixes it

EDIT 2 : Reflashing solved nothing. Going to try to revert back to previous build.

EDIT 3 : Had to do a factory reset / wipe data (hate doing that). Fixed the fonts so I can see. I will say the newer version appears to have a better baseband for my area at least. Older version was just more stable for me.

Still cannot access the external SD card after all this. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Last edited:

tallguy

Nov 13, 2005
It's not a gimmick if you like it.

3d is more of a gimmick but I like to have on phone vs. other ROMS that don't have it.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

You obviously enjoy 3D content if you'd rather have it than not. How is something that is genuinely improving your experience and thereby adding value to your device a gimmick?

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
EDIT 3 : Had to do a factory reset / wipe data (hate doing that). Fixed the fonts so I can see. I will say the newer version appears to have a better baseband for my area at least. Older version was just more stable for me.

Still cannot access the external SD card after all this. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

The ROM doesn't change the baseband.

Sent from my CM7 Thrill

oscarillo

Sep 7, 2007
Ok Im having this weird problem, for some reasons the phone when charging dosnt go for more than 59%, it dosnt matter how much time I leave it chargeing, and if in that moment I turn it off and then back on it will drop to 25 - 23% and then it will start to charge fine
Any reason or solution for that?

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
Happens sometimes with flashing roms... just go in to cwm and andvanced and wipe battery stats

And so I have spoken it.. and so it shall be.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I present to you Thrill Seeker 2 Gingerbread v20p.
    I took a little bit different approach than I did with the original Thrill Seeker rom. I felt that LG did a very good job with gingerbread and so I built this rom around the LG software on the phone (just rethemed) rather than using 3rd party apps. Battery life has been amazing for me and the phone really flies.

Prerequisites
    This is based on the ATT V20p firmware. So you will NEED to upgrade to that first or this wont work.

Starting with next update I will make update packages available along with full rom downloads. This will make for much smaller packages to flash when updating from one version to the next. I lost a lot of my work when updating my system so keeping track of all the changes between 2.0 and 2.1 was impossible.

Also, Im adding in another download link (dev-host) for those that cant access 4shared (its uploading as im typing this). If anybody still cant download from either of those sites let me know.

Heres a quick changelog to get things rolling:

2.1:
    Added in Tekunas OC Modules (Original Thread)

Added working wifi tether app (no client needed. Just turn on and connect)

Ability to Enable 2g only and choose network mode in Network Settings.

Added percent to battery icon (need to fix the charging icons)

Fixed 3d button taking pics in camera (this may have had side affects though. I think it messed with some other defaults)

Minor theme updates (lockscreen widgets are NOT permanent. Forgot to fix them before i started uploading)

Reverted to Gingerbread music player. This fixed widget issues.

Enabled force of gpu rendering.

Probably some more stuff I forgot to mention...

2.0:
    Fully De-odexed.

Rom is Rooted with latest SU installed.

Completely rethemed every aspect of the rom. Gave a very ICS vibe.

Made a few tweaks for performance, useability, and battery savings (however modest). Still waiting on LG to release kernel source code.

Removed all the ATT bloat (except contacts sync. that has to stay)

Added in a File Manager, Titanium Backup, and DSP Manager (equalizer)

Roboto Font

Update to latest Flash Player and Google Apps.

ICS Music Player (feedback on this one. Not sure I like it better than GB version)

Removed apps like Facebook, Twitter, etc because they get updated frequently in the market and it didnt make sense to have them in your /system folder as well as you /data folder.

Still have more to come but I wanted to get this little bit out to you guys since there was a lack of options at the moment. Ill roll out minor releases as I add/fix things.

Issues:
    2.1: 4G possibly not working due to flex.xml change.

Battery charge icons distorted.

2.0I havent found any functionality bugs as of yet but please dont hesitate to point them out. There a few theming inconsistencies ive noticed, so please point these out as well. I want this rom to look as good as it performs.

Also, if there are features you want please suggest them. Doesnt mean they'll get implemented, but it helps if I know what you guys want. Ill try to include what I think fits with the rom.

Installation:
    This rom is flashable via CWM recovery.

On first install I recommend a full data wipe. At the very least please wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache (advanced menu of recovery) before flashing. If you dont follow this step then please DO NOT POST ANY BUGS. Reflash with the wipes first. If the file wont flash please verify the md5 sum with the one listed below the download link. (There are many programs to do this on your computer and phone)

DOWNLOAD:
    Thrill Seeker 2.1
    md5: a3e5cce8f3af4184233b5bfae597c1f1

Thrill Seeker 2.0
    md5: ac66860fdb565e2eb839a8f64bfb8d08

Removed_Apps/Widgets (does NOT include the ATT crap or the market apps like Maps, Books, etc)
    Mirror: Mirror Site dev-host
    DO NOT FLASH THIS ZIP! extract it first. inside you can choose which apps to remove and there are instructions for creating an update.zip included.

ENJOY!

Screen Shots

2012-04-13012418.png
    2012-04-06023151-1.png

2012-04-06023346.png
    2012-04-06024136.png
    launch time

Here is the first installment of the new thrillseeker. I will start a new thread when I have the chance with a change log...in a nutshell I removed dsp manager added Beats & Xloud Audio Mods. also added Bravia Engine and a bunch of build prop tweaks and scripts from Prometheus Rom. A Huge thanks to Samno for that stuff and for sharing such a great rom and kernel with us. :thumbup: I highly recommend flashing his prometheus 1.4.5.1 kernel after install as you can overclock and none of the scripts work unless you do. So without further ramblings.

Thrillseeker 3.0 beta
    http://d-h.st/HBU

i dont use bluetooth so someone please confirm that it works for me.
    also i will try to upload a non at&t version soon.
    since when did this become a different thread?
    there is the general section for this kinds of rant.
    So please don't spam CallMeAria's thread, please.
    beta4 AT&T

allright guys finally got time to upload att 4g edition..also added some apps for stability..mostly 3d stuff :D

GPS now fixd:D
    TSBeta4 AT&T
    Well. I like the rom. Havering some serious data bandwidth issues. Keen monitoring it an I drive around Dallas to Fort Worth all day. I'm always in a 3g or 4g network. Phone drops data connection every tower chafe for 3 seconds. Drives me nuts.

I used Doomed Froyo before the upgrade. Guess I got used to the oc clock and solid build. Kinda ruined it for expectations lol

i had convinced urabewe to make another gb 20p based rom since everyone loved his doomed froyo so much... last i heard he had started it. but that was awhile ago... i will see what hes been doin...