[Q] Recommended website to unlock Lumia 900 (AT&T) UPDATED

Search This thread

neomesis

Mar 30, 2008
I am going to try this guy here in Houston that says he can unlock it. Not sure how they can do it when no one else can but they are the leading shop in Houston for unlocks. I will keep this thread posted on if they simply can or if they fail miserably like everyone else.

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
I am going to try this guy here in Houston that says he can unlock it. Not sure how they can do it when no one else can but they are the leading shop in Houston for unlocks. I will keep this thread posted on if they simply can or if they fail miserably like everyone else.

If he gets it to work....you may want to PM people...for fear of the unlock nazi's wrath!!!:p

mrolympia7474

Apr 26, 2012
I just got off the phone with Nokia and the rep said that I would have to get a developer account from Microsoft and then AT&T would unlock my device. I don't know how true this is but he said that this will work. I asked him to confirm this and he repeated this 3 times

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
I just got off the phone with Nokia and the rep said that I would have to get a developer account from Microsoft and then AT&T would unlock my device. I don't know how true this is but he said that this will work. I asked him to confirm this and he repeated this 3 times

I'm fairly sure this is not true. I have friends at Microsoft working in Windows Phone. They can't get their phones unlocked either. I just checked with one of them, DEV unlock does not carrier unlock. AT&T would not know if you are DEV unlocked or not.

Don't fall for it.

neomesis

Mar 30, 2008
Just dropped it off to him and he said they have done several already, but its a software based unlock and not a subsidy type. I'm giving it a whirl since I hate seeing this phone act as a 450 dollar paper weight. It is suppose to be done tomorrow and will cost me $70 bucks if successful.

mrolympia7474

Apr 26, 2012
I'm fairly sure this is not true. I have friends at Microsoft working in Windows Phone. They can't get their phones unlocked either. I just checked with one of them, DEV unlock does not carrier unlock. AT&T would not know if you are DEV unlocked or not.

Don't fall for it.
They said if I provide AT&T with a developer account that they will carrier unlock it for me

pistol44

Sep 1, 2008
Toronto
Just dropped it off to him and he said they have done several already, but its a software based unlock and not a subsidy type. I'm giving it a whirl since I hate seeing this phone act as a 450 dollar paper weight. It is suppose to be done tomorrow and will cost me $70 bucks if successful.

Good luck! Would suck for everyone else NOT in Houston if they succeeded.

chanakya.wp7

Feb 3, 2012
Bloomington

Can you pass his number ? even i would like to give it a try.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Well i already have a developer account with MS and my lumia and Titan 2 are already dev unlocked. Will give it a try once i am home. I do not have my lumia 900 with me.

dlwilson_king

Jan 8, 2012
London
Can you pass his number ? even i would like to give it a try.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Well i already have a developer account with MS and my lumia and Titan 2 are already dev unlocked. Will give it a try once i am home. I do not have my lumia 900 with me.

Have dev account aswell, will try soon. <- Just rang ATT they said that this is not the case, Nokia has sent no unlock codes, no special exceptions (i.e. developer account) reiterating a release of October 2012 for the codes !

Last edited:

Chinese281

Feb 14, 2011

Where is the store located? I am from houston and i would liek to try

neomesis

Mar 30, 2008
I pick it up tomorrow, and will post success or not and their information. No point in posting it now if they fail and don't unlock it but will definitely post it if I do in fact have any success.

TJBoy

Jan 19, 2009
Tijuana
I pick it up tomorrow, and will post success or not and their information. No point in posting it now if they fail and don't unlock it but will definitely post it if I do in fact have any success.

Yes please do, I was thinking on getting a developer account anyway so this would solve 2 issues in one move :cool:

cabose369

May 2, 2012
Toronto
so some clarification for people who don't know...

Nokia does not put unlock codes on phones. AT&T does. AT&T has the codes, contrary to what they say. When I spoke with Nokia (2 different people) they confirmed this and told me AT&T had to unlock the phone.... no success to date.

@neomesis

If this works I think us as a Lumia 900 unlocking community need to find out HOW this software hack works so we can do it ourselves. Not all phones require codes. Some are unlocked by modifying the boot-loader, some by modifying files, etc.

If this works we have to find out what they did!!!!

zilab

Apr 21, 2012
hi guys

unlockallcellular.com sent me a mail and said that they have got the code now

would someone who got the phone have a try?
I have not got my phone yet, it is still on the way

guys, searching from this forum, I saw this, no-one has ever tried it though, because its pricey.

@cruiser78
thanks for the reply

zilab

Apr 21, 2012
sorry my bad, thought it was available since there is a delivery time, 24 to 72 hours

neomesis

Mar 30, 2008
So, they could not unlock mine but they said they have done(a few already but yours couldn't be done) which sounds like horse turds. Well, I guess we all keep going forward. Anyone in Houston that wants to give them a try, just PM me and I will give you their info but I wouldn't waste your time.

chanakya.wp7

Feb 3, 2012
Bloomington
Here is something new from ATT.

I was on phone with them for like 40-50 Mins and convinced them to open a spacial case for me. When i asked for the case number the lady told that she does not have a case number as this is spacial case and a manager from ATT will be assign to my case and i'll be hearing from him in a day or two. and will receive my code in 3-7 days. But i have some doubt as she has not given any case number at all but she has given me her att ID in case i need to do a follow up.

what do you guys think.

pistol44

Sep 1, 2008
Toronto
Here is something new from ATT.

I was on phone with them for like 40-50 Mins and convinced them to open a spacial case for me. When i asked for the case number the lady told that she does not have a case number as this is spacial case and a manager from ATT will be assign to my case and i'll be hearing from him in a day or two. and will receive my code in 3-7 days. But i have some doubt as she has not given any case number at all but she has given me her att ID in case i need to do a follow up.

what do you guys think.

I think you'll be reporting back to us in 3-7 days that nothing happened. And the fight goes on..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is what i did.

when i called them i told that i have received this phone as gift from MS (this was true) and i have a signed contract with MS and i am suppose to develop software for Nokia Lumia ( now this was complete bull**** ) therefor i need to unlock the phone so i can test the software on different networks (another bull****). The lady on the phone said that they can not provide the unlock code then i told that they will have to send me mail so i can tell MS guys that ATT has refused to unlock the phone(another bull****). She put me on hold for like 20 mins or so and after that asked for my MS partner ( developer account) account details which i provided. again she put me on hold for some time and then i was told they have raised a spacial case request to unlock the phone and i should receive the code in 5-7 days. I got the code after 7 days which did not work and replied to the same mail saying it did not work they asked me to wait for 5-6 more days and i got the code yesterday.

Below is the mail i received

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: 5/21/2012 19:56
    To: chanakya sankritayayana
    Subject: RE: Device Unlock Request

I was just getting ready to email you - I just received the information 10 minutes ago.

Please read the below carefully before attempting to unlock the device. Please let me know if this works or if you have any issues. I am sorry this took so long.

BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THE UNLOCK CODE BELOW PLEASE VERIFY THE FIRST 15 DIGITS OF YOUR IMEI BY TYPING *#06# ON YOUR PHONE’S KEYPAD. THE UNLOCK CODE IS SPECIFIC TO THE IMEI. IF YOUR IMEI DOES NOT MATCH THE IMEI BELOW PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE, DO NOT USE THIS CODE AS IT COULD PERMANENTLY LOCK YOUR HANDSET.

EMAIL: *******@west.com<mailto:********@west.com>
    CASE: No Case
    MOBILE: Partner
    MANUFACTURER: Nokia
    MODEL: 900 Lumia
    IMEI: 3************4
    UNLOCK CODE: 9******8
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE OCT 9, 2012
    It seems AT&T is now unlocking these devices for anyone who's stuck it out and held onto their L900's. Please see here for more details:
    http://www.wpcentral.com/att-lumia-900-uses-now-able-unlock-their-phones-kind

NOTE:
    Rogers carries the Lumia 900 in cyan and black (as of 7/4/12). These phones can also be unlocked no problem.
    Good luck everyone!

1) Unlock All Cellular - $64.99 (24-72 hrs)
    http://www.unlockallcellular.com/nokia-lumia-900-unlock-code-p-197915.html

2) World GSM Codes - $59.99 (2-3days)
    http://www.worldgsmcodes.com/nokia/Nokia-Lumia-900-network-unlock-code/

3) Cellphone Unlocker - $24.99 (up to 72 hrs)
    http://www.cellphoneunlocker.com/unlock/at-t-usa/nokia/lumia-900

4) Mobile Xpress Canada - $30CAD (3-5 days)
    http://www.mobilexpresscanada.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=275

5) Cut Your Sim - $79.99 (2-7 days)
    http://cutyoursim.com/index.php/at-t-nokia-unlock-service.html

6) Cell Unlocker - $28.99
    http://www.cellunlocker.net/nokia-unlock.php

7) Unlock That Phone - $39.99 (2-5 days)
    http://unlockthatphone.com/

8) GSMFast.net - $50 (7-12 days)
    http://www.gsmfast.net/order.php
    FYI people, AT&T HAS the codes but either lower level reps don't have required access level to see them or they are not allowed to do so because they are always reviewed by their superiors. But AT&T does have the codes.

It is impossible that Nokia manufactured these phones without providing unlock codes for them as these unlock codes are paired with the phone as it is finished being manufactured. AT&T has the codes, but you will only get it if you try hard enough. But making up different stories every time you call will definitely put you into a black list.

There is no such thing as free cheese. As for me, I am planning to call AT&T as soon as I exchange my Lumia for another.
    Dang, I blocked sitizenx's posts but now I have to read them in other peoples quotes :(

The guy is a legend in his own mind and he isnt worth the trouble.

I think he is one of those people who believes that he will get the last word in, repeat it often enough that everyone else will capitulate to his superior intelect.

I have chosen not to play his game anymore and I suggest those of you up in arms over his posts do the same.
    And to just add to the thoughts expressed here, in the US there is another notion the judicial system subscribes to. "Buyer Beware"

What?! What law school did you go to? If you have a contract it doesn't matter whether you are a buyer or seller. The contract must be honored. Get a refund on that mail order law degree.

If someone told you that you can and will get it unlocked right away for your purposes then you need to deal with THAT person and HIS manager.

What?! Where do people get this stuff? If a sales representative of at&t makes a contract with you at&t is responsible. When I've had issues who do you think gets my certified letter some BS manager? No man, that thing gets mailed directly to the CEO and it is the corporate office that mails me my check.

I don't have these kinds of problems because I de...

I have these problems from time to time and you know what? I turn them into big business' problems. I have a 100% success rate on refunds. Actually it's higher than that to be honest because they often give me back a lot more than I asked for originally.

Maybe you should share some names and numbers, contribute to this thread and drop the holier than thou attitude.

You will never make any headway dealing with trolls. Do you really want to know how to solve your problem and get a FREE phone? I'll tell you because unlike trolls I actually have knowledge and want to help.

Here is the procedure. I hope you bought this phone with a credit card like Mastercard or Visa. If you did it's simple. File a dispute with your credit card. Check your credit card's website it should have the information on there.

Before you file the dispute you need to make a paper trail. First look up who the CEO is and what the corporate address is. This should be in the 10-K filed with the SEC. It can be found in the SEC EDGAR database. Next write a very succinct objective letter stating the FACTS and what you would like (ie total refund or unlock code). Include a copy of your receipt and some supporting evidence that you live in Canada. Maybe a stamped passport page. I don't know if they do that for you guys or not. Maybe a copy of an id card with a Canada address if you feel comfortable sending that. Keep a copy of everything you send with the letter and the letter itself. Send the letter with some kind of delivery confirmation or via certified mail. In your letter ask for a response within 15 CALENDAR days so they don't BS you and tell you it was Arbor Day so they couldn't get back to you.

Now that letter may very well get you what you want. If it does not send a copy of it and all the documents you sent at&t to your credit card along with a polite OBJECTIVE dispute letter. Tell them you paid nearly $500 dollars for a phone they were giving away for free because you were told by paying that amount of money you could get it unlocked with no contract. Where ever possible include names dates and addresses. Send this letter to your credit card with some kind of delivery confirmation. You must first make a good faith effort to try and resolve the issue with the company. Unlike what some trolls were suggesting do NOT call. You've tried that already. Besides at the end of the phone call you have NO proof the phone call actually happened. Anyone that tells you to call at this stage is an idiot. You need to send certified letters or at a minimum letters with delivery confirmation so you can establish a paper trail. Email is acceptable as well. By which I mean you may include your email address in the certified letter to the CEO. Do NOT send an email to so BS person in customer service at this stage. You want to escalate this to the top.

Assuming you follow all my instructions to the letter and you write a professional polite OBJECTIVE letter you should get what you want. If they do not give you a 100% refund or unlock code your credit card will issue you a 100% refund. You won't even have to send the phone back to at&t. This has happened with me with other products and services. You will get a free Lumia 900. Then you just have to wait around for someone to come up with a reliable way to unlock it.

I am not making any of this up. The problem with America is the public is totally passive... unless it comes to bombing innocent unarmed women and children half way around the world. Then it's all flag pins and rah, rah. When a corporation decides to screw them it's "corporations are people" and they deserve our sympathy.

"Buyer beware." Yeah, F that. How about corporation beware. Don't get mad, get even. Seriously research your Canadian credit card contract and make sure it works the same as mine does in the US. If it does you will get everything you want without even having to go to court. If all else fails THEN go to small claims court. Frankly I wouldn't even mention the whole lawsuit angle in your initial letter. Let them turn you down and then dispute the charge. You will get a free phone.

Now you may say this seems like a bit of hassle. Really? You get a $500 phone for free at the end of it best case scenario. How long does it take you to earn $500? How many hours worth of work would you do for $500? You think internet trolls make $500 in a day? Doubt it. Ignore them.