[rom][Htc Bee] Project BEE -Beta 2 -Discontinued

Search This thread

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
{Update} This rom will be until further notice discontinued. I simply don't have the time or the knowledge to improve this rom further :( If someone was able to successfully make a custom kernel I believed we could get further ( and maybe even port cm7 from the buzz) but I do not have the skill. I will leave the downloads available and should anyone want to continue this work and make it better for the Bee community just pm me. Sorry guys :( {update}

Firstly this NOT for the Htc buzz! This is for the Htc Bee as part of my Project Bee : No-one left behind. If you flash this on the BUZZ it is on your head!

This is a cooked rom using disxda`s kitchen, http://uot.dakra.lt/ so thanks to them :)

*Rom is based on the Htc Bee Cox rom- version 2.11.590.3
*zipaligned
*de-odexed
*sd-ext enabled [Darktremor app2sd](note sdcard must be partitioned to ext3)
*Rooted with "supersu" thanks to chainfire :good:
*Beats Audio, thanks to the guys here :good:

Working: everything for me. but i have no data/mms/call connection for the phone as it us unregistered, as such these functions are untested.

Not working: you tell me ;)

Notes: This is my first work with a cdma device. As such i recommend you back up (copy down) your prl version, pri version [settings/about/software infotmation] MDN, Msid[ root your phone and install this app and get your unlock code. Keep this code safe. then open your dialer and put in ##URCODE#] , Meid,imsi, Model number.[settings/about/phone identity] Again just a precaution :) Make sure you have a full NANdroid backup!

Install procedure.
1. BACKUP YOUR STOCK ROM!
2. Copy zip to your sdcard.
3. factory reset/data wipe/cache wipe from recovery.
4. Install zip from sdcard.
5. Reboot.

First boot can take up to 10 minutes.

Screen shots=attached

Official HTC OTA updates will not work so don't bother :p

Standard disclaimer

"Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features
included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make
these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up
your device, I will laugh at you."

Download

Thanks also to koolsavas95 :)
and Kemoba :)

*added market enabler. to set the market to the correct location open this site and look for your country/carrier. open market enabler and go to custom and add your code. wipe data on market from settings/manage apps/all and then re-enter market. Must be done every reboot. looking for ways around this :)

Attachments

• shot_000001.png
    shot_000001.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,638
  • shot_000002.png
    shot_000002.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,409
  • shot_000003.png
    shot_000003.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,368
Last edited:

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
changelog.

Beta 1. start of ROM.

*zipaligned
*de-odexed
*Beats Audio
*super su

Beta 2.
* following htc apps removed
footprints
adobe reader
DCSStock.apk
flickr
debugTool.apk
GSD.apk
magicsomkewallpapers.apk
mode1owallpapers.apk
quick office.apk

*changed android market version.
*added market enabler

Last edited:

4aklun

May 26, 2012
Kharkov
FOTA update was downloaded but not installed, MMS can not check - I turn them off at the provider, sync with gmail account was normal SD card sees, Fi-Wi works, GPS works, calls to make possible, the camera works. Check the rest tomorrow we already 3:00 AM :)

Reactions: heavy_metal_man

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    {Update} This rom will be until further notice discontinued. I simply don't have the time or the knowledge to improve this rom further :( If someone was able to successfully make a custom kernel I believed we could get further ( and maybe even port cm7 from the buzz) but I do not have the skill. I will leave the downloads available and should anyone want to continue this work and make it better for the Bee community just pm me. Sorry guys :( {update}

Firstly this NOT for the Htc buzz! This is for the Htc Bee as part of my Project Bee : No-one left behind. If you flash this on the BUZZ it is on your head!

This is a cooked rom using disxda`s kitchen, http://uot.dakra.lt/ so thanks to them :)

*zipaligned
    *de-odexed
    *Rooted with "supersu" thanks to chainfire :good:
    *Beats Audio, thanks to the guys here :good:

Working: everything for me. but i have no data/mms/call connection for the phone as it us unregistered, as such these functions are untested.

Not working: you tell me ;)

Notes: This is my first work with a cdma device. As such i recommend you back up (copy down) your prl version, pri version [settings/about/software infotmation] MDN, Msid[ root your phone and install this app and get your unlock code. Keep this code safe. then open your dialer and put in ##URCODE#] , Meid,imsi, Model number.[settings/about/phone identity] Again just a precaution :) Make sure you have a full NANdroid backup!

Install procedure.
    1. BACKUP YOUR STOCK ROM!
    2. Copy zip to your sdcard.
    3. factory reset/data wipe/cache wipe from recovery.
    4. Install zip from sdcard.
    5. Reboot.

First boot can take up to 10 minutes.

Screen shots=attached

Official HTC OTA updates will not work so don't bother :p

Standard disclaimer

"Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features
    included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make
    these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up
    your device, I will laugh at you."

Download

Thanks also to koolsavas95 :)
    and Kemoba :)

*added market enabler. to set the market to the correct location open this site and look for your country/carrier. open market enabler and go to custom and add your code. wipe data on market from settings/manage apps/all and then re-enter market. Must be done every reboot. looking for ways around this :)
    update: things are looking up from the kernel front :) i believe i can get a custom kernel going with oc/uv. may take me some time though as family issue have arisen :(
    But i have not forgotten about this rom and i will update you guys as soon as i can!

H.M.M
    Rooted and flashing your ROM as we speak, gf is very excited as its her phone, looking forward for overclocking if its possible in the near future, thank you for everything.
    So this wont work on my HTC wildfire?

On the htc wildfire buzz (gsm, one with a sim card) no.

On the htc wildfire bee (cdma, no simcard) yes :D so it depends what device you have
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up:)