Notification Bar Color changer

Search This thread

bobolinko

Nov 5, 2010
Everett WA
If anyone wants to try this, It might be a great app for the users that have a hard time seeing the grey on black that the present notification bar is displayed on the stock jelly bean ROM. I have tried a bunch of apps that change the bar's colors and some are really vivid, but are not able to display active things that pop in the bar like weather beetle, screebl icon, etc. It should be possible even without root, because the apps that are already available, can work on non rooted phones. All I want to do is change the color. That ought to be a piece of cake for someone familiar with the inner workings of the jelly bean ROM! If root is required, then so be it! either way would really rock!

I hope someone will jump on this and make it an aroma with color options when flashing....Just change the color!

Thanke!

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
Like the idea, but to get better help with this you're better off putting it in themes and apps section.

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
The Themes and Apps section is really for releases, mods and apks (once you boil it down). This is more of a request type thing. Maybe I can put it in Q&A?

Thoughts?

Also you can check out the general Android Themes section too. IIRC in the old days, we used to use Metamorph and ZipThemer and you could use the correct xmls and they would replace your pre-existing files in the Framework-res.apk and make a redo.zip (only ZipThemer did this) that you could flash. But like I said that was in the old days before we ever had a systemUI.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I wasn't too sure but thought metamorph was his best bet. I've personally never used it... Q&A is good though, I think.