Sprint Dialer Codes

Search This thread

xNotta

Aug 4, 2010
Erm, I kinda messed around with the Sprint hidden menu, 5689#*980#. I broke knock-on.

I dont understand any of the things here, can anyone explain them? I dont know how to fix knock-on.

Check Menu > System Settings > Gestures > Knock-on

See if it's enabled there.

Edit: Sorry, that was a reply to what tapatalk showed as the last comment in this thread.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Demonlinx

Apr 17, 2011
Right now the LG G2 by default has the B26 (800 MHz) and B41 (2500 MHz) LTE bands disabled. With your MSL code, you can manually enable these B26 and B41 LTE bands to do some LTE testing.

See these speedtest screenshots of my B41 LTE testing I did last night.

2nd post.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524824

When you enable these bands do you have to turn on LTE/CDMA under network? Or can I leave it on CDMA?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Another Drunk NPC

Nov 12, 2008
Sprint service menu code

Awesome, thanks for the list.

Quick question for you. Any idea where dialer codes for High Temperature Property can be changed? I want to see if it will resolve microstutter I am experiencing.

1. Enter the following based on your device model:
3845#*800# (for At&T model)
3845#*801# (for T-Mobile variants)
3845#*802# (for European variants)
3845#*803# (for AT&T and Canadian variants)
???? (Sprint)

5689#*980#

Demonlinx

Apr 17, 2011
If i enable bands 26 and 41 are they stable enough to be used daily?

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
If i enable bands 26 and 41 are they stable enough to be used daily?

Absolutely not. We need the Spark update for B26 and B41 stability period!!! The current stock firmware ZV7 is not built to maintain a stable B26 and B41 LTE connection. I have done extensive B41 testing and I can't get B41 to stay connected consistently. If you are not pumping traffic through B41 constantly, it drops out of connection after 10-20 seconds.

Also Sprint released a ZV8 firmware update that came out today only fixes the audio garbling issues during calls.
http://support.sprint.com/support/a...gG2:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgG2

Even the ZV8 software version as indicated in the screenshot below does not change the Build Number or Baseband Version (which are radio changes) from the ZV7 software version.

Demonlinx

Apr 17, 2011
Absolutely not. We need the Spark update for B26 and B41 stability period!!! The current stock firmware ZV7 is not built to maintain a stable B26 and B41 LTE connection. I have done extensive B41 testing and I can't get B41 to stay connected consistently. If you are not pumping traffic through B41 constantly, it drops out of connection after 10-20 seconds.

Also Sprint released a ZV8 firmware update that came out today only fixes the audio garbling issues during calls.
http://support.sprint.com/support/a...gG2:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgG2

Even the ZV8 software version as indicated in the screenshot below does not change the Build Number or Baseband Version (which are radio changes) from the ZV7 software version.

Thanks, was an extremely informative post. Helped a lot.

Hathoid

Nov 9, 2013

I understand that they listed only those two changes, but is there any way to know exactly what was changed in this update? I am looking for a way to unlock this phone(without Sprint's CS) and I would like to know if this update changes anything relating to that

I

ingequinpi

I understand that they listed only those two changes, but is there any way to know exactly what was changed in this update? I am looking for a way to unlock this phone(without Sprint's CS) and I would like to know if this update changes anything relating to that

I also want find a way to unlock this phone without Sprint carrier for can activate in other Country.

Last edited:

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles

I also want find a way to unlock this phone without Sprint carrier for can activate in other Country.

Nope. A very minor update.

I

ingequinpi

This procedure is relacionated with the sprint activacion for the lg g2

"support.sprint.com/support/article/Program_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB57864'

What is the MDN and the MSID code?

##(Enter your msl)# show the service program and let configure the MDN and MSID codes.

Last edited:

david black

Sep 30, 2010
Indianapolis
plus.google.com

I'm no expert but Sprint isn't known for their coverage outside of America. I do believe their version of the G2 has GSM capabilities, but the red tape is generally thicker than if you were to get the G2 from a carrier who is primarily GSM (AT&T and T-Mobile).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong; I'm curious to learn more about Sprint's GSM support.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Hathoid

Nov 9, 2013
I'm no expert but Sprint isn't known for their coverage outside of America. I do believe their version of the G2 has GSM capabilities, but the red tape is generally thicker than if you were to get the G2 from a carrier who is primarily GSM (AT&T and T-Mobile).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong; I'm curious to learn more about Sprint's GSM support.

Sent from my LG-LS980
Not entirely sure what you mean by red tape, but if you look into it, the HTC ONE and the Galaxy S4 both got unlocked for sprint, the thing is, we don't want to roam outside of the US, we want the phone (which was built to do that) to accept international SIM cards, we are just waiting on a method for the G2, and since most of the recent phones are getting unlocked (most of sprint's new phones are world phones now), we are just waiting for the G2's turn.

david black

Sep 30, 2010
Indianapolis
plus.google.com
Not entirely sure what you mean by red tape, but if you look into it, the HTC ONE and the Galaxy S4 both got unlocked for sprint, the thing is, we don't want to roam outside of the US, we want the phone (which was built to do that) to accept international SIM cards, we are just waiting on a method for the G2, and since most of the recent phones are getting unlocked (most of sprint's new phones are world phones now), we are just waiting for the G2's turn.

I gotcha now. How about the Evo LTE and its SIM card? Nice that they soldered it in for us :p

Sent from my LG-LS980

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to find all dialer codes that work for the Sprint Version.

5689#*980# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to EricDabbs
    ##RTN# - RTN Menu*
    ##SCRTN# - Erases any info that has been OTA provisioned. Forces a reboot and re-activation.
    ##DIAG# - Enables diag mode. this menu blocked by MSL. Simply enter your msl*
    ##DATA# - Advanced data menu. *
    ##DEBUG# - Debug Menu*
    ##CLEAR# - Reset network settings
    ##UPDATE# - Forces Activation
    ##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS
    ##GPSTESTPRL# - ??
    ##WLAN# - WLAN info*
    ##LOG# - syslog info*
    ##MRU# - MRU Clear
    ##SSDRTN# - Reset SSD
    ##TEST - Data Test menu*
    ##YOUROWNMSLHERE# - Service Programming menu*

##443336772# Shows MSL code near the bottom of the screen thanks mojo4321
    ##4433386368# - Developer menu* - What is SKT Sprint?
    ##4437736368# - Producer menu*

Most of these work credit to AutoPrime Optimus G
    Thanks to all who helped
    This dialer code ##443336772# will flash a toast notification on the bottom of the screen with your SPC/MSL code. I found the dialer code in the Sprint Optimus G General XDA thread and I tried it on my Sprint LG G2. I had already chatted with Sprint and obtained my MSL so I can confirm it works with the Sprint LG G2. I do not know if it will work with any other phones. I tried it on my Sprint Motorola Admiral and it did nothing.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46006443&postcount=11
    I called Sprint and asked for my MSL number and she gave it to me, no questions asked. Also you can just ask them for the instructions to program your phone, and the six digit dialer code they give you is your MSL.

Ahhh gotcha. I have seen you before at S4GRU.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Is there any dialer code or menu option to view the current LTE frequency scan period? I wonder how often the phone checks for LTE connection.

I will try and check once I'm done with Carbon Rom which has WiFi tether working. Now that you mention it I did see some things that could have been it but it wasn't labeled how it usually is. I'll try and check it out tonight
    What are you setting the Priority at?

When I did my testing, I disabled B25 and only enabled B41 with a B41 Band Priority of 1. I would suggest only enabling B41 and disabling B25 especially if you are in a strong LTE area where there is a lot of B25 LTE. It doesn't really matter what Band Priority you have set for B25 and B26 since they are not enabled anyways. I have heard reports that even though you disable B25 on the phone, the phone/network will ignore it and still try to search for B25. Not sure what to believe but from my experience/observations, disabling B25 helped me get rid of that ping pong issue where B25 and B41 would alternate connecting to LTE.

Some observations when connecting to B41 LTE.
    1. You will observe a lot of LTE connects and disconnects. It seems like Sprint doesn't really want you to connect to B41 LTE at this time and it can be frustrating but be patient and you will reap the rewards.

2. Best way to do a speedtest with B41 LTE is to first open up the Speedtest app and have the screen ready where it says "Begin Test". When the phone disconnects, wait for it to reconnect and as soon as it reconnects, hit the "Begin Test" button on Speedtest app and when data traffic is flowing through that LTE band you won't lose connection assuming you are standing near the tower.

3. The B41 LTE connection is very finicky in that if it doesn't detect any data traffic (browsing web, youtube, etc) after 5-10 seconds, it will disconnect and reconnect. I think this is the reason why we need to wait for the OTA update from Sprint to enable B26 and B41 permanently since I am sure some part of the firmware code in that OTA update makes it stable.

4. If you have B41 and B25 both enabled, the phone still prefers to connect on B25 over B41 despite what priority you set even if B41 is set to 1 and B25 is set to 2. This is why you should try to disable B25 if possible.

If you have any other questions, let me know.