[Q] rooting slimkat rom 4.4.2 for n7100

Search This thread

grishm

Jul 28, 2011
Mumbai
HI folks,

does flashing slimkat latest build, unroot the phone?

i recently migrated from Resurrection Remix ROM 4.4 to SlimKat 4.4
How ever when i tried to restore my apps using Titanium Backup, it shows me an error saying that the phone is not rooted. When i boot into recovery, i already have a TWRP recovery. Now i am not sure whether my phone is rooted or not? I even tried to install SuperSU by chainfire, but it says i need to install it's binary from recovery, i am not sure how do i do that.
Kindly guide me to solve this problem.
Do i need to root my phone again? If Yes, which rooting method to use? If No, then what am i missing?
Thanks

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
HI folks,

does flashing slimkat latest build, unroot the phone?

i recently migrated from Resurrection Remix ROM 4.4 to SlimKat 4.4
How ever when i tried to restore my apps using Titanium Backup, it shows me an error saying that the phone is not rooted. When i boot into recovery, i already have a TWRP recovery. Now i am not sure whether my phone is rooted or not? I even tried to install SuperSU by chainfire, but it says i need to install it's binary from recovery, i am not sure how do i do that.
Kindly guide me to solve this problem.
Do i need to root my phone again? If Yes, which rooting method to use? If No, then what am i missing?
Thanks
the other day i installed one of the roms based on slimkat and my es file explorer wouldn't give me root access to /system nor mount the system to R/W rebooted the phone few times and still no luck so went back to the other 4.4.2 version that was working for me,i am not sure what goes wrong when we flash slimkat roms

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
It's already rooted. Go to developer options and set root access to apps.

You get developers options in main settings after you click build name in about multiple times.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk