[ROM][GEE/B] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMOD 11 [1-25-15]

Search This thread

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
4/8 build did not boot for me.

That's what I thought at first, but actually it was booting and running, just the screen was invisible. I could definitely unlock and then... hold down the power button, that's about it

Sent from my LG-gee using Tapatalk

I've been flashing the new adreno drivers from xboxfanj's file page with every nightly, so this one got by me.
It looks like they are now in the vendor repo.

Thanks Jake. :highfive:

prowlingfox

Feb 2, 2013
Anybody having problems with camera? When I try to open the camera app, even on a fresh boot, I just get "Unfortunately, camera has stopped." But third party apps like FV-5 and Snapchat work fine.

PartimusPrime

Apr 30, 2012
San Antonio
www.youtube.com
Anybody having problems with camera? When I try to open the camera app, even on a fresh boot, I just get "Unfortunately, camera has stopped." But third party apps like FV-5 and Snapchat work fine.

What gapps you using? I'm on the 4/7 build using @BaNkS minimal and all is well :D

Sent from my LG-gee using xda app-developers app

prowlingfox

Feb 2, 2013
What gapps you using? I'm on the 4/7 build using @BaNkS minimal and all is well :D

I've had the issue on 3 different ROM's with 3 different gapps. Just tried Vanir with 03/22 Banks gapps minimal and same problem. Can't get the camera app to open. On the first time trying to open Camera FV-5, it FC'd, but the second time it worked. Tried with both glitch4 and stock kernel on Vanir.

Tried CM11 Official LS970, the 3/8 or 3/9 build, can't remember which, with Banks 3/15
Tried CM11 Unofficial Gee 3/7 with latest PA Gapps

EDIT: Just tried the 3/7 CM Remix GEE (just because I already had it on my SD) without flashing any gapps and the camera works. Going to flash some other ROM's and see if I can narrow it down to a GAPPS issue.

EDIT2: Literally as I was typing that last edit, with the camera app open on CM Remix, it FC'd and now it won't open again. Well, actually, now it says "Cannot connect to camera." when I try to open it.

EDIT3: More good news. Flashed CM11 LS970 without any gapps, opened camera, immediately got yellow demigod crash screen.

Last edited:

prowlingfox

Feb 2, 2013
Have you tried plain stock firmware?

Sent from my LG-gee using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm on Stocktimus now and the camera is working beautifully. I just posted about this in the smorgasbord thread as well.

Four different ROMs, one of them from over a month ago, with 3 or 4 different gapps packages, both Banks and PA, from different dates, same result.

prowlingfox

Feb 2, 2013
Well, shoot my kitten and call me Sally. Formatting /data fixed it. I wasted so much time today trying to figure this out...switching ROMS and GAPPS packages, LGNPST'ing, going absolutely nuts...And that explains why Stock was working fine, since 4.1.2 uses a separate higher directory on the /sdcard for user data than 4.2+ does...ISUDGHIOSUDHF i'm going to go cry a pool of tears and then swim in it okay

PartimusPrime

Apr 30, 2012
San Antonio
www.youtube.com
Well, shoot my kitten and call me Sally. Formatting /data fixed it. I wasted so much time today trying to figure this out...switching ROMS and GAPPS packages, LGNPST'ing, going absolutely nuts...And that explains why Stock was working fine, since 4.1.2 uses a separate higher directory on the /sdcard for user data than 4.2+ does...ISUDGHIOSUDHF i'm going to go cry a pool of tears and then swim in it okay

Good work Sally... Glad you found a fix :D

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
darnit I stayed up a little extra to figure this out but I'm out of time for tonight.

I ran a fresh build that was stopped early by a selinux error. I copied these changes which allowed the build to complete.
While testing the new build, I took a picture with the camera which caused the phone to lock up and reboot. I noticed this commit said something similar needs to be done for the camera.

Edit: After further testing (had more time today). all appears good. It was just a fluke that I didn't have time to test further.

Last edited:

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts