Beyond XBMC 3.4

Search This thread

Alph-Andruino

Feb 23, 2015
PRoblem when checking TV show

Hello

Since a couple of weeks, TV show are not inserted into media library, the update begins and stop.

Can I do something?

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
Hello

Since a couple of weeks, TV show are not inserted into media library, the update begins and stop.

Can I do something?

Are the rest of your videos streaming ok that was added before?

If they are is the message up the top of the screen just saying "preparing" or something like that?

I have had that happen before and it was my firewall built into my Anti virus suite on my main PC where the videos are kept that was blocking it. I had to allow the IP thru of the box and then everything worked again.

If it is something else let me know.

feanor91

Feb 6, 2009
Paris
Are the rest of your videos streaming ok that was added before?

If they are is the message up the top of the screen just saying "preparing" or something like that?

I have had that happen before and it was my firewall built into my Anti virus suite on my main PC where the videos are kept that was blocking it. I had to allow the IP thru of the box and then everything worked again.

If it is something else let me know.

All works fine before. It stop working just like that.

Movies media continues to be updated just fine, it's only TV show that doesn't.

I pass on Last XBMC Kodi version, that works fine too, but I prefer your theme.

For information, I use a transcend MK908 keu on my tv with a hard disk directly connect on it, no firewall, nothing between sources and media library.

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
All works fine before. It stop working just like that.

Movies media continues to be updated just fine, it's only TV show that doesn't.

I pass on Last XBMC Kodi version, that works fine too, but I prefer your theme.

For information, I use a transcend MK908 keu on my tv with a hard disk directly connect on it, no firewall, nothing between sources and media library.

In that case I think the best thing for you to try is to remove your TV source from the library and then re-add it to see if that fixes it.

Alph-Andruino

Feb 23, 2015
In that case I think the best thing for you to try is to remove your TV source from the library and then re-add it to see if that fixes it.

Hello

Just see I have not answered...Shame on me.

So I did nothing ine particular, after using last version of XBMC, I came back to Beyond XBMC and it works again...Very strange, but for now, it works.

Misffit43

Jun 20, 2015
Cannot Install Video Add Ons

Hi All - Noob here. Just downloaded and installed 3.4. Music addons work ok. When I try to download and install video addons (Mostly streaming - 1 Channel, etc), it shows 0% downloaded, thinks a second, then stops. This happens for nearly 90% of the addons available. Any suggestions? Thanks!

ylexot

Dec 8, 2010
Hi All - Noob here. Just downloaded and installed 3.4. Music addons work ok. When I try to download and install video addons (Mostly streaming - 1 Channel, etc), it shows 0% downloaded, thinks a second, then stops. This happens for nearly 90% of the addons available. Any suggestions? Thanks!

My guess is that the add ons won't work because Beyond is very very old and using a very old code base. My suggestion would be to use the latest version of Kodi (new name for XBMC) instead.

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
My guess is that the add ons won't work because Beyond is very very old and using a very old code base. My suggestion would be to use the latest version of Kodi (new name for XBMC) instead.
Genesis and other addons run fine.
So, I don't think what you write is the reason.

Unleashed by my M1 note

colliscannon

Dec 3, 2011
Does anyone know how to get in touch with flumster? I am a retired software developer and electronics technician and i would like to help flumster to update beyond xbmc and/or create it as a custom skin for updated versions of KODI since kodi 16,1 is in alpha stage i figured that would be a good place to start ... Can someone please pass along the word and have him shoot me an email to gcannonjr@gmail.com I need to know what resources would be required for the project and if hes interested

Reactions: RASTAVIPER

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
I have a tv box with RK3188 and Beyond Xbmc was running great.
I am thinking to update into some newer XBMC version.
Do you have some other optimised version to propose?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beyond%20XBMC.png

Beta 3.4
    • Updated librtmp.so to make more streams work (Thanks RedPenguin).
    • Changed default OSD button to Play/Pause instead of Subtitles.
    • Updated all Addons.
    • Hopefully Fixed Controller settings in OUYA version.
    • Minor Bug Fixes.

Beta 3.3
    • Updated Common Plugin Cache to hopefully fix the few having problems.
    • Updated Metadata TheMovieDB plugin.

Beta 3.2
    • Removed build.prop check completely (Thanks kandilak).
    • Fixed some remote control key bindings on non-standard remotes (Thanks alexagr).
    • Updated SuperRepo.
    • Added Fanart Slideshow option to Screensavers.
    • Removed Language button from OSD keyboard. It will be back in Gotham.
    • Brought back OpenGL Spectrum Visualization as an option.

Beta 3.1
    • Fixed missing dependencies.
    • Updated Subtitles.

Beta 3

Here is a list of some of the changes since Beta 2.9.
    • Fusion, Xfinity and Mashup sources are included by default. SuperRepo also included.
    • 1Channel, Much Movies HD and Youtube are preinstalled and configured. I have included my own proxy to get around the 1Channel block in the UK, just select it from the 1Channel settings if you need it.
    • Lyrics, Subtitles, XBMC Backup, Missing Movie Scanner and Key Editor are installed and configured.
    • Main screen now has the Karaoke option and also has the Karaoke plugin installed and set up.
    • Option to use MX Player as the playback device in context menu (Local and Streams only, SMB does not work)
    • Family screen will now have main menu plus 2 sub menus (Animation and HD Family) which will auto populate as you add your Movies. The main Family menu contains only Family and Animation Genres, the Animation sub menu contains only Animation Genre and the HD Family sub menu contains only HD films of Family and Animation Genres.
    • Videos will only show the needed sub menus as sources are added to the Library(Movies, TVShows, etc).
    • Pictures now has a Slideshow sub menu and links to the backgrounds folder as an example.
    • The default layouts of each Window have been altered to use what looks best in my own opinion. You can set what you want afterwards.
    • Music Playback will now animate fanart automatically once you have some.
    • New cache settings which hopefully will be more compatible for everyone.
    • Update all addons.
    • Various other tweaks and changes.

Beta 2

Ok, here we go. Quite a few fixes and I have not had time to fully test all of it.

• Fixed remote control movement in on screen keyboard.
    • Fixed context menu on long click of mouse/airmouse.
    • Added Fusion and Xfinity.
    • Changed RssFeed to BBC World News.
    • Changed Icons.
    • Changed Music Wallpaper.
    • Added Keymap Editor to Programs.
    • Added advancedsettings for cache.
    • Updated all addons.
    • Various other bug fixes.

Beta 1

• Hardware Decoding
    • Mouse wheel support
    • New Graphics (Not finished yet)
    • A fully customizable version of Confluence skin as default. All other skins removed. (If you want it faster then enable minimum spec option in skin settings)
    • Audio offset by 250 ms to fix audio lag.
    • SuperRepo Included.
    • All addons brought up to date.

Install Instructions

Just install it like any other APK now with whatever build.prop you like.

If 720P does not work for you then this is not meant for your hardware. It was tested on RockChip Devices but appears to work on a lot of others.

Launcher version is only for roms that don't have a system bar. Auto hide function in any rom hides everything except anything classed as a launcher so it will show system bar if used on a normal rom. You could always rename SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.old and it will remove the bar completely but I don't advise it unless you know what you are doing.

It takes a long time on first run (about 2 minutes) while it sets everything up. The screen will go black and then it will go thru a few backgrounds, Just wait it out. It will launch normally after the first time.

If you find that the Interface it too slow on your device then go to Skin Settings and under "General" click on "Enable Minimum Specifications Settings".

Downloads

Beyond XBMC Beta 3.4

Beyond XBMC Beta 3.4 (Launcher Version)

Ouya Users

Here is a test version for OUYA users only. This should enable smooth HD playback for OUYA users where the normal version doesn't but some old SD content might not work.

Beyond XBMC Beta 3.4 (OUYA Version)

Thanks
    • XBMC
    • Koying
    • Mudislander
    • ......and you guys for using my XBMC and giving me something to do. :) Thank you.
    I keep forgetting about my thread here doh.

Yes, 3.4 is the last frodo version I will be making. I have started looking at the Gotham version for the next release already but there are still a few things I am waiting on to be ironed out before I fully get to work on it. The skin being the main one as a few things changed skin wise in Gotham and CCM skin is not fully functional yet. Also quite a few addons are still incompatible but they will catch up quickly now that Gotham final has been released.

I go away in a month to Spain for a month and I really hope to have something released before then if everything falls into place. I will not release something that I know to be buggy and not work correctly tho so just hang in there while these things get sorted.

Personally I have no problems with 3.4 and if it wasn't for the pressure off people to get the new "shiny" version I wouldn't bother at all lol.
    Yes, the bug is fixed in gotham.

Ok cheers mate. The next version of Beyond XBMC will be based off Gotham anyway so no need for me to fix it ;)
    XBMC 13.2 beta 1 runs perfect ? on my CX-919.
    I think it might be a a good base for Beyond XBMC 4.0:D

Sent by my Z1 with XDA Fax

Try this version instead.. Beyond 4 will be based off this.

http://spmc.semperpax.com/