[MOD] [PORT][UNIQUE][05/28] KingBeatZ 4.2 Audio - 3.0.9

Search This thread

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
Before flashing this mod, you are responsible for making a nandroid backup. I am not responsible if this mod bricks your phone or overheats it with its extraordinaire sounds. THIS MOD WILL BLOW OUT YOUR SPEAKERS/EARS IF YOU START AT MAX VOLUME. START AT THE LOWEST VOLUME THEN SLOWLY INCREASE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!! :)

Please do not steal my work. I've work hard on this because this mod is directly taken from my rom, which can be found here. If you do want to use it, please notify me. I don't mind sharing. :D [ROM][Pa+Aokp+Cm] KingBeatZ v1.1.0 | 12/21/2012 - HOXL

KingBeatZ Audio

FAQ - README FIRST!
What is KingBeatZ?

It was formally known as PacKing BeatZ which was based on PACman rom.

What is KingBeatZ Audio?

Audio files and APPS compiled by me directly from my rom minus a few prebuilt from leak Sense JB.
In short, it's made to work. No bs.

What's the difference between this and the other KingBeatZ?

This is fully built from sauce with PACman as its base but with many modifications
. Basically it supersedes it.

Like what

Linaro toolchain 4.6.3 and and 4.7.1

Custom made audio base
Optimization from the base up O3 mod
Modified DSPManager aka BeaTz Manager

OK I GOT IT...But Why use your ROM you're just a kanger or so they say

LOL check out my credit page. I don't kang. I just simply do so much to keep track of it all. Don't believe me? OK, I don't care. I made this mod for people who truly enjoy a real audio experience. Go join the other white knights.

Go make your own rom!

Join the club. There's a line though. While waiting please refer to the answer above - thanks again. It might take you a long time to comprehend it. No worries you'll get there in no time.

Where is the dmn source - Under Heavy Development - Why?

I'm doing this by myself so I'm figuring out how to completely setup the repo so people can build this for other devices - hopefully....

Btw if you took this seriously or was offended, well I don't know what to say minus take a deep breath and relax :) .

Quick Guide

LPA aka low power audio reduces the audio quality for power consumption.

For some phones, inserting that line might cause issue. Like I said, this is experimental. It haven't been tested that many times.

For the phones that I have tested it on S3, N7, HOXL, and SR it works perfectly fine. (I'm not talking about the line "lpa.decode=false.")

For now here are the results

Verizon CDMA Nexus
DO NOT ADD "lpa.decode=false"
Add "af.resampler.quality=34"

Nexus 7

Added "lpa.decode=false" and "af.resampler.quality=34"

S2SR - Stock JB Leak/AOSP
Change "lpa.decode=true" to "lpa.decode=false"
Added "af.resampler.quality=34"

S3

Media Players
Due to the nature of BeatZ, this will not work on certain players
However, it will work on the following

Apollo
Google Music
Spotify
Rocket Player
(Highly recommend if the above is not preferred)

Instructions

How do I get this to work you say?

DONT HAVE ANY OTHER AUDIO MODS!!!

LOOK INTO YOUR BUILD.PROP AND FIND THE LINE "lpa.decode=true" change it to "lpa.decode=false"
ADD THIS LINE 'af.resampler.quality=34" if it has 255 change that ****.

Why? I'll tell you why... It doesn't work. It might say forcing blah blah to 255 but in reality doesn't do ****.

Now after you have done the following.

Download if you haven't downloaded already the mod.

Reboot to recovery wipe cache and dalvik

Flash mod

Wipe Cache and dalvik

Reboot and enjoy

Screenshots
CAUTION HIGH RESOLUTION PICS

eX8zvAl.png
0jPvzSi.png
VXtGVyF.png
zvBBItk.png
KthAsk1.png
BJsIfci.png
51AI4B0.png
vUgXpuQ.png
nC8Mf07.png

Audio Tips

Have fun with them, BUT DO NOT HAVE VOLUME at MAX if it's your first time with this mod.
Be very careful with compression - it can be your best friend or worst enemy
Virtualizer is quite useless
For equalizer - I use acoustic

Want to give me a little something extra for my work in this mod? Here is my paypal linked gmail. aznrice2k4@gmail.com Put that as the recipient if you wish to donate. Much appreciated.

Change Log

• 05-28-13
    • Recompiled libs with GCC 4.9
    • Edited some of the settings readout
    • Edited Compression Settings a bit - might be a bit more intense than before if using with equalizer
    • Newly (not really just hasn't been released publicly ) SOX/FFMPEG/and some other bins
    • Qualcomm Media Extension Framework
  • 04-16-13
    • Full Linaro 4.7.3 compiled That means apps and libs
    • O3 Flags
    • 96kHz Audio Processing
    • 24 bit Audio
    • No more sudden audio booming on track change due to compression
    • Super High Quality Dithering
    • Graphite Optimization
    • BeatZ back
    • New Apollo
    • New custom libs and audio effects
    • New prop build tweak
  • 03-05-13
    • Recompiled everything with true GCC 4.7
    • Took out Apollo for now
  • 02-11-13
    • Recompiled everything with GCC 4.7
    • Edit init.d script to auto change lpa.decode to false and af.resampler.quality to 34
    • Added framework and permissions for MusicFx to work finally
    • Added Inverted Google Music from justin
    • Fixed update script - should work properly
  • 02-09-13
    • Dropped DSP Manager
    • SRS effects built-in
    • Change Audio Effect setup
    • Re-added AudioFX widgets - SYSTEM WIDE NOW
    • Added MusicFX - 10 band sweetness! Might not show on all phones - Change your dpi/go landscape mode
    • Presets are messed up due to 5 more additional bands - Deal with it for now
  • 01-29-13
    • Re-added old ALSA files from rezound mod
    • Enable ALSA drivers for audio
    • Created 99kingbeatz init.d for ALSA
  • 01-22-13 Final
    • Delete Obsolete libs
    • Recompiled SoX
    • Symlinked for audio control
    • Skinned Apollo - Light Holo
    • Skinned BeatZ Icon - Holo
  • 01-17-13 v2
    • Fixed some issues with libs/delete bin files from previous version
    • Added SRC
    • Auto Delete DSPmanager and Apollo
  • 01-17-13
    • Updated to the latest base​
    • Finally got my custom libs to compile (Linaro 4.7 GCC Optimized)
    • Refaced BeaTz Manger
    • Process audio to 48kHz for low-end phones
    • Added New Equalizer presets
    • Skinned BeatZ
  • 12-21-12
    • Alpha - Based of unreleased KingBeatZ v1.1.0​
Source
KingBeatz GitHub

Credits and Thanks:

Last edited:

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
What is SoX?
Home page - http://sox.sourceforge.net/Docs/FAQ

SoX is a command line utility that can convert various formats of computer audio files in to other formats. For example, it can convert a Microsoft WAV file into an Apple AIFF file. It can also apply various effects to these sound files during the conversion. As an added bonus, SoX can play and record audio files on many common platforms. For software developers, SoX functionality is also available as a library—see below.

Is there a GUI available for SoX?

There have been some GUI front-ends created for SoX in the past, but I'm afraid none has been kept up-to-date. However, see Scripts for batch processing, and Links for links to some GUI-based audio processors.
However, for resampling only, there is now a SoX resampler plug-in available for the MS-Windows 'Foobar' audio tool. Questions regarding this plug-in should be raised here
What is LAME?
Home Page - http://lame.sourceforge.net/

LAME is a high quality MPEG Audio Layer III (MP3) encoder licensed under the LGPL.
Following the great history of GNU naming, LAME originally stood for LAME Ain't an Mp3 Encoder. LAME started life as a GPL'd patch against the dist10 ISO demonstration source, and thus was incapable of producing an mp3 stream or even being compiled by itself. But in May 2000, the last remnants of the ISO source code were replaced, and now LAME is the source code for a fully LGPL'd MP3 encoder, with speed and quality to rival and often surpass all commercial competitors.
LAME is an educational tool to be used for learning about MP3 encoding. The goal of the LAME project is to use the open source model to improve the psycho acoustics, noise shaping and speed of MP3. LAME is not for everyone - it is distributed as source code only and requires the ability to use a C compiler. However, many popular ripping and encoding programs include the LAME encoding engine, see: Software which uses LAME.
Using the LAME encoding engine (or other mp3 encoding technology) in your software may require a patent license in some countries.
LAME FEATURES

• Many improvements in quality in speed over ISO reference software. See history.
  • MPEG1,2 and 2.5 layer III encoding.
  • CBR (constant bitrate) and two types of variable bitrate, VBR and ABR.
  • Encoding engine can be compiled as a shared library (Linux/UNIX), DLL , Directshow filter or ACM codec (Windows).
  • Free format encoding and decoding.
  • GPSYCHO: a GPL'd psycho acoustic and noise shaping model.
  • Powerful and easy to use presets.
  • Quality better than all other encoders at most bitrates.
  • Fast! Encodes faster than real time on a PII 266 at highest quality mode.
  • MP3x: a GTK/X-Window MP3 frame analyzer for both .mp3 and unencoded audio files.
What is Secret Rabbit Code?
Home Page - http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/index.html

Secret Rabbit Code (aka libsamplerate) is a Sample Rate Converter for audio. One example of where such a thing would be useful is converting audio from the CD sample rate of 44.1kHz to the 48kHz sample rate used by DAT players.

Last edited:

THADDIUS25

Oct 16, 2011
SELMA
Got to try this when i get off work, i had your ROM on my one x. Are u still developing for the one x? I know they got to hating on u real bad over there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

jt.one

May 12, 2011
interesting, might give this a try

the effect strength levels are amusing- to say the least :laugh:

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
Got to try this when i get off work, i had your ROM on my one x. Are u still developing for the one x? I know they got to hating on u real bad over there.

Haha yeah its whatever dude. People will be people. I'm still deving.

interesting, might give this a try

the effect strength levels are amusing- to say the least :laugh:

LOL yeah I made it that way. :D. Can't be too serious especially on XDA. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
I noticed those settings on the KingBeatz 1.0.0 ROM for my One XL that you made. Now I get awesome sound on my N7 too :victory:

Haha it only gets better dude. For kB 1.1.0 I enabled two different resampling type. Audio just got sicker. Well the rom in general. Lol

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

breal4sho

Sep 3, 2010
San Francisco
Does this mod function differently than Misledz Beats+Xlouder mod? I have had it installed for some time and though the sound quality is better I don't find a difference in loudness on stock speakers. Guess I should just give it a try.

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Working well on AOKP PUB 21 dec. Using leankernel if that matters too. I don't think if its working or placebo but I *think* music is sounding better than before :)
Thanks for bringing this to our device

Reactions: sert00

malebornin69

Apr 16, 2011
Hurricane WV
Honor 9 Lite
This is by far THE BEST audio mod ever. Follow the instructions in the op and you will not be disappointed............There is zero placebo effect happening here, this is the real deal..... I have this on my S II Skyrocket and my Nexus 7 ...........Sounds beautiful on my SR but it sounds amazing on my Nexus 7..............

Reactions: poondog

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
Will this run on rasbean jelly 4.2.1?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

This has worked on 4.2 but rom specifically I can't say. The way its designed it should work on all phones at least in theory.

U say theres a version of this for one x? Will test this on my nexus also. Cheers

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

YES, but I haven't posted in the one x forum just due to the fact that man people in that community do not deserve my audio mod based on their hatefulness toward me in the past. It will work on the nexus. Please read the op. I made it for a reason. If I wanted to answer a question about 500 times I wouldn't had put work into my op. But yes it will work on the CDMA and gsm nexus.

Reactions: thoiloidainhan

malebornin69

Apr 16, 2011
Hurricane WV
Honor 9 Lite
I have a couple questions ????? In the OP it says this will work with Apollo,(you know how much I just love Apollo...lol) Google Music, Spotify, and Rocket Player......I can not get it to work with Rocket Player.....I may just be missing a setting somewhere that needs to be turned off/on,, in the Rocket Player, but ill be damned if I can find it lol....I have the same issue on the Skyrocket...........Second question...if I go to.... settings/sound/music effects...there are 2 options one is BeaTzFX and the other is BeaTz Manager........Which should be used???? I don't notice any difference when I select one or the other???

Edit: Rocket player will use the sound files but won't work with dsp

Last edited:

thoiloidainhan

Jun 10, 2011
This has worked on 4.2 but rom specifically I can't say. The way its designed it should work on all phones at least in theory.

YES, but I haven't posted in the one x forum just due to the fact that man people in that community do not deserve my audio mod based on their hatefulness toward me in the past. It will work on the nexus. Please read the op. I made it for a reason. If I wanted to answer a question about 500 times I wouldn't had put work into my op. But yes it will work on the CDMA and gsm nexus.

Yeah ditch those ungrateful bastards. I don't know what the full story is but the fact that you are still here sharing your works indicates that you have done nothing wrong ( against the rules) to be hated. This is xda (read Dev- oriented) not baby support centres.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

xfrancis14

Sep 6, 2012
2 questions is this better than the xlouder patch from the themes and apps section? And does it work with pa beta 9?

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
Yeah ditch those ungrateful bastards. I don't know what the full story is but the fact that you are still here sharing your works indicates that you have done nothing wrong ( against the rules) to be hated. This is xda (read Dev- oriented) not baby support centres.

Yeah forums like this gather the worst people just because everyone thinks they're untouchable.

2 questions is this better than the xlouder patch from the themes and apps section? And does it work with pa beta 9?

1. Did you read my op? I explicitly suggest to have no audio mod. Sure you can flash it but I'm not responsible for any outcome or unsatisfied results.
2. Should work on all roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before flashing this mod, you are responsible for making a nandroid backup. I am not responsible if this mod bricks your phone or overheats it with its extraordinaire sounds. THIS MOD WILL BLOW OUT YOUR SPEAKERS/EARS IF YOU START AT MAX VOLUME. START AT THE LOWEST VOLUME THEN SLOWLY INCREASE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!! :)

Please do not steal my work. I've work hard on this because this mod is directly taken from my rom, which can be found here. If you do want to use it, please notify me. I don't mind sharing. :D [ROM][Pa+Aokp+Cm] KingBeatZ v1.1.0 | 12/21/2012 - HOXL

KingBeatZ Audio

FAQ - README FIRST!
    What is KingBeatZ?

It was formally known as PacKing BeatZ which was based on PACman rom.

What is KingBeatZ Audio?

Audio files and APPS compiled by me directly from my rom minus a few prebuilt from leak Sense JB.
    In short, it's made to work. No bs.

What's the difference between this and the other KingBeatZ?

This is fully built from sauce with PACman as its base but with many modifications
    . Basically it supersedes it.

Like what

Linaro toolchain 4.6.3 and and 4.7.1

Custom made audio base
    Optimization from the base up O3 mod
    Modified DSPManager aka BeaTz Manager

OK I GOT IT...But Why use your ROM you're just a kanger or so they say

LOL check out my credit page. I don't kang. I just simply do so much to keep track of it all. Don't believe me? OK, I don't care. I made this mod for people who truly enjoy a real audio experience. Go join the other white knights.

Go make your own rom!

Join the club. There's a line though. While waiting please refer to the answer above - thanks again. It might take you a long time to comprehend it. No worries you'll get there in no time.

Where is the dmn source - Under Heavy Development - Why?

I'm doing this by myself so I'm figuring out how to completely setup the repo so people can build this for other devices - hopefully....

Btw if you took this seriously or was offended, well I don't know what to say minus take a deep breath and relax :) .

Quick Guide

LPA aka low power audio reduces the audio quality for power consumption.

For some phones, inserting that line might cause issue. Like I said, this is experimental. It haven't been tested that many times.

For the phones that I have tested it on S3, N7, HOXL, and SR it works perfectly fine. (I'm not talking about the line "lpa.decode=false.")

For now here are the results

Verizon CDMA Nexus
    DO NOT ADD "lpa.decode=false"
    Add "af.resampler.quality=34"

Nexus 7

Added "lpa.decode=false" and "af.resampler.quality=34"

S2SR - Stock JB Leak/AOSP

S3

Media Players
    Due to the nature of BeatZ, this will not work on certain players
    However, it will work on the following

Apollo
    Google Music
    Spotify
    Rocket Player
    (Highly recommend if the above is not preferred)

Instructions

How do I get this to work you say?

DONT HAVE ANY OTHER AUDIO MODS!!!

LOOK INTO YOUR BUILD.PROP AND FIND THE LINE "lpa.decode=true" change it to "lpa.decode=false"
    ADD THIS LINE 'af.resampler.quality=34" if it has 255 change that ****.

Why? I'll tell you why... It doesn't work. It might say forcing blah blah to 255 but in reality doesn't do ****.

Now after you have done the following.

Download if you haven't downloaded already the mod.

Reboot to recovery wipe cache and dalvik

Flash mod

Wipe Cache and dalvik

Reboot and enjoy

Screenshots
    CAUTION HIGH RESOLUTION PICS

eX8zvAl.png
    0jPvzSi.png
    VXtGVyF.png
    zvBBItk.png
    KthAsk1.png
    BJsIfci.png
    51AI4B0.png
    vUgXpuQ.png
    nC8Mf07.png

Audio Tips

Have fun with them, BUT DO NOT HAVE VOLUME at MAX if it's your first time with this mod.
    Be very careful with compression - it can be your best friend or worst enemy
    Virtualizer is quite useless
    For equalizer - I use acoustic

Want to give me a little something extra for my work in this mod? Here is my paypal linked gmail. aznrice2k4@gmail.com Put that as the recipient if you wish to donate. Much appreciated.

Change Log

• 05-28-13
      • Recompiled libs with GCC 4.9
      • Edited some of the settings readout
      • Edited Compression Settings a bit - might be a bit more intense than before if using with equalizer
      • Newly (not really just hasn't been released publicly ) SOX/FFMPEG/and some other bins
      • Qualcomm Media Extension Framework
    • 04-16-13
      • Full Linaro 4.7.3 compiled That means apps and libs
      • O3 Flags
      • 96kHz Audio Processing
      • 24 bit Audio
      • No more sudden audio booming on track change due to compression
      • Super High Quality Dithering
      • Graphite Optimization
      • BeatZ back
      • New Apollo
      • New custom libs and audio effects
      • New prop build tweak
    • 03-05-13
      • Recompiled everything with true GCC 4.7
      • Took out Apollo for now
    • 02-11-13
      • Recompiled everything with GCC 4.7
      • Edit init.d script to auto change lpa.decode to false and af.resampler.quality to 34
      • Added framework and permissions for MusicFx to work finally
      • Added Inverted Google Music from justin
      • Fixed update script - should work properly
    • 02-09-13
      • Dropped DSP Manager
      • SRS effects built-in
      • Change Audio Effect setup
      • Re-added AudioFX widgets - SYSTEM WIDE NOW
      • Added MusicFX - 10 band sweetness! Might not show on all phones - Change your dpi/go landscape mode
      • Presets are messed up due to 5 more additional bands - Deal with it for now
    • 01-29-13
      • Re-added old ALSA files from rezound mod
      • Enable ALSA drivers for audio
      • Created 99kingbeatz init.d for ALSA
    • 01-22-13 Final
      • Delete Obsolete libs
      • Recompiled SoX
      • Symlinked for audio control
      • Skinned Apollo - Light Holo
      • Skinned BeatZ Icon - Holo
    • 01-17-13 v2
      • Fixed some issues with libs/delete bin files from previous version
      • Added SRC
      • Auto Delete DSPmanager and Apollo
    • 01-17-13
      • Updated to the latest base​
      • Finally got my custom libs to compile (Linaro 4.7 GCC Optimized)
      • Refaced BeaTz Manger
      • Process audio to 48kHz for low-end phones
      • Added New Equalizer presets
      • Skinned BeatZ
    • 12-21-12
      • Alpha - Based of unreleased KingBeatZ v1.1.0​
    Source
    KingBeatz GitHub

Credits and Thanks:

Just uploaded the official build/release and updated OP. 3.0.9

Re: [MOD][PORT][UNIQUE][02/11] KingBeatZ 4.2 Audio - 3.0.4

Well russell664 added this to his new Rom for the htc desire c and all is working great . So thankyou very much for giving him permission to add it to his Rom.
    All the best :)

Yeah no problem.

Latest test build sounding good running mysterious AOKP with faux's latest kernel. Just wish we could have the sound improvements with apps like Pandora. Still miles ahead of stock. Thanks:D:thumbup:

Oh... You might... I'm trying to build for the n7 right now. I'm currently bored with the HOXL.

Are we going to be fortunate enough to see a KingBeatZ 4.3??

Yes but no eta. Med school and 3 jobs = bullsh

Sent from my boosted7 One X
    Re: [MOD][PORT][UNIQUE][03/05] KingBeatZ 4.2 Audio - 3.0.6

Yeah 3.0.6 was released yesterday I think. Its been a long week. Don't worry this project isn't going to die anytime soon. Its just one of those days ya no?