[Q] thin vertical piece on the mainboard that leads to USB connection cracked

Search This thread

tshawn909

Oct 18, 2010
Hello to anyone reading this,

This crack in the board happened after it went through the clothes washer, and it was gf's phone so i feel really horrible about it .

Anyways i have yet to even find out what this piece of the board is named. It's cracked in two places on the vertical part of the board that leads down

to where the usb connector is located (everything else appears looks ok just these two cracked pieces). I'm just looking for any help at all, hoping

someone might be able to offer any help at all, or if it's even possible to salvage. I have an uncle that is got a good amount of experience in

soldering/electrical stuff and can handle the soldering/fixing since im still a bit of a noob, but he was unsure about how to go about it since it would

require some very small wires to fix the connection traces, so if anyone can offer any advice or instruction on mending i would greatly appreciate and

can send some BTC for your help. I attached 2 images, and can supply more if you need more detail.

Attachments

• IMG_20140307_194636.jpg
    IMG_20140307_194636.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_20140307_194752.jpg
    IMG_20140307_194752.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 378

tshawn909

Oct 18, 2010
So far the only thing i can think of is to get a broken board and remove the part i need at the easiest location it could be re-attached... no clue if that easier area exists though..