[Q] Eduroam and vegacomb

Search This thread

duvee

Dec 2, 2009
Breda
Hee guys,

Does somebody know how to get Wifi over eduroam (PEAP/Masc.V2) using vegacomb?

I really don't know anything about servers/ports/certificates..

All I can say: It sees the wi-fi, and got 5 stripes.. When I connect using PEAP/MascV2 (username@avans.nl, no anonymous, and password), the 5 stripes disappears and it is endlessly trying to connect.

Cheers,
Duvee.

Last edited:

moghammed

Aug 25, 2009
Oegstgeest
Hi,

I have the same problem, but am able to provide some more information.

1. I'm unsure if the phase2 authentication (MSCHAPV2) is saved correctly. When i edit the connection again, it is set to "None", but i when i edited the connection with wifi advanced configuration editor (app), it wás set to MSCHAPV2.

2. My Android 2.3.4 EVO 3d connects without any problems.

3. It gets stuck in a loop of scanning, connecting, disconnected. So the problem should be in authentication.

I've read a couple of threads outside of XDA, but none of their solutions work..

-Mo

duvee

Dec 2, 2009
Breda
yes, I've read them too, but indeed; no answer.

newbie's idea's didn't work as well. So I hope there will be an update with eduroam support?

will there be new updates, or is vegacomb a finished product?

duvee

Dec 2, 2009
Breda
I have found something.. will try it tomorrow at school and let you know if it worked..

you said the problem could be authentication.. and when I connect my htc hero to eduroam it asks for a password to safe referenties or something like that, but that doesnt appear on vegacomb..

I have installed the certificatie, and have set a referentie password.. and can choose for that certificate with eduroam.. so I have high hopes actually..

WWEpsp

Apr 24, 2011
Valencia
Hey, another user who needs EAP wifi right over here LOL

just let know if anyone fixs it. I will surely do it...

duvee

Dec 2, 2009
Breda
ok, no luck trying to use a downloaded certificate.

the connection is immediately down.

I don't know what to try now..