[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

awyeahh1

Jun 1, 2012
Guys, I'm experiencing some serious clock drift with this rom, is this a kernel issue? If yes what kernel should i use? I'm using the included sebfm, Apps like clocksync are of no use because i'm not always connected to the internet..

Sent from a mobile device.

Last edited:

MidnightDevil

Apr 2, 2012
London
Redmi Note 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Guys, I'm experiencing some serious clock drift with this rom, is this a kernel issue? If yes what kernel should i use? I'm using the included sebfm, Apps like clocksync are of no use because i'm not always connected to the internet..

Not sure about the cause, but clocksync doesn't require an always on connection, you can specify when to update and on wifi only in case you have the opportunity. :)

awyeahh1

Jun 1, 2012
I really love his ROM but The inaccuracy of the clock is pissing me off.. I wonder if hypernonsense has the same issue, could any knowledgable person comment on this? Is this a kernel issue?? Or what is it exactly.. why do i experience drift no matter if the network time is enabled or disabled.

Last edited:

resinis

Dec 27, 2007
my god, where has this rom been all my sensational life? soo freakin nice. stock without the sense! fastest rom ive ever had on this phone too. surprised nobody has updated it in so long. or at least talked about it. screw kitkat and the like, i want my hdmi out!

Reactions: ClipTy

ClipTy

Dec 16, 2011
Aperature Science
my god, where has this rom been all my sensational life? soo freakin nice. stock without the sense! fastest rom ive ever had on this phone too. surprised nobody has updated it in so long. or at least talked about it. screw kitkat and the like, i want my hdmi out!

Yeah, I'm thinking about going back to this ROM too. Battery life was phenomenal if I remember. I'm using Sultan's CM 10.2 ROM, and so far I'm not to happy about it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

BuXuRa

Oct 14, 2011
Tbilisi
It's fast and smooth but as I remember battery life isn't as good as current kernel 3.4 roms

Sent from my HTCSensation using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

resinis

Dec 27, 2007
ive been on stock for awhile now, because the battery life seems double as any cm10 or kitkat rom. plus the hdmi out works.

this virtuous rom seems the same on battery life as stock... BUT, its not fast charging! :( that would be the only downfall i see so far. 3 hours on the charger and its only gone up 10%. might have to switch roms... i just want a stock senseless rom. love how stock 'just works' but i hate sense. its too weird and it slows everything down.

Reactions: ClipTy

JanSpatschek

Dec 1, 2012
Waidhofen
www.rlbrt.de
ive been on stock for awhile now, because the battery life seems double as any cm10 or kitkat rom. plus the hdmi out works.

this virtuous rom seems the same on battery life as stock... BUT, its not fast charging! :( that would be the only downfall i see so far. 3 hours on the charger and its only gone up 10%. might have to switch roms... i just want a stock senseless rom. love how stock 'just works' but i hate sense. its too weird and it slows everything down.
Try the Team Senny Kit Kat ROM, it gives me around 4 hours of screen on time and I am fine with battery life though out the day.
The last version is very stable and fast, senseless (of course) and with fast charging.

Reactions: StuartTheFish

resinis

Dec 27, 2007
I would recommend giving the below ROM a try (if you haven't already), its basically a continuation of this ROM (which is no longer being developed).

HyperNonsense
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1581619

WOW!! Oh my! this really is amazing! Its even faster and smoother then virtuous, and with the sultan kernel it is fast charging as well! Terrific! how the hell did i go so long suffering with jb and kitkat builds? I was going to buy a new phone, but no reason now. these sensations are still ****ing awesome!

ClipTy

Dec 16, 2011
Aperature Science
WOW!! Oh my! this really is amazing! Its even faster and smoother then virtuous, and with the sultan kernel it is fast charging as well! Terrific! how the hell did i go so long suffering with jb and kitkat builds? I was going to buy a new phone, but no reason now. these sensations are still ****ing awesome!

So how's the battery on HNS? I never got an extended use run out of it.

resinis

Dec 27, 2007
So how's the battery on HNS? I never got an extended use run out of it.

ill know by this time tomorrow. i am using sultran kernel though, so maybe it will be worse. its ridiculously fast, and the stock browser has no trouble with flash sites.

if the battery life doesn't hold up well i will try going back to stock kernel...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)