[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

mslatter

Sep 23, 2010
Columbus, GA USA
Please can someone explain where the menu has gone in this rom or have i got a duff rom with bits missing?????

and do i have to start from scratch and reload the rom onto phone.

Menu as in on the bottom of the homescreens? The menu slides much like the screens do. Try swiping the menu area left or right a few times.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

StuartTheFish

Nov 9, 2011
Menu as in on the bottom of the homescreens? The menu slides much like the screens do. Try swiping the menu area left or right a few times.

He was on about the fastboot toggle in the power settings menu, not the dock. And it doesn't slide if you go into nova settings and lock it.

Mattybomba

Aug 9, 2011
Is it possible to make the lockscreen really lock the phone?
At the moment my phone is locked I can hold the power button and the powermenu shows. from there it's easy to select turn off device. Something happening a lot i think when my phone is in my pocket.

For the rest, great ROM !!

McLongDong

Oct 7, 2011
HTC LiveWallpaper Slideshow Problem on ICS

This bug has appeared in every ICS ROM for the Sensation and I am actually surprise no one has reported it. This minute, subtle, annoying bug has driven me face first against a wall :mad:. Before I start explaining the problem here are some screenshots.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Left Image:
This is how the wallpaper SHOULD look like when using HTC LiveWallpaper Slideshow. As you can tell it is not magnified and zoomed in. This is how it looked like when using HTC LiveWallpaper Slideshow on Gingerbread.

Right Image:
The wallpaper is obviously magnified using HTC LiveWallpaper Slideshow. Every image is zoomed in and distorted affecting its quality.

Solution I have tried but failed:
People have told me it was due to the wrong ratio size of the wallpaper. This is NOT TRUE! Regardless of ratio of the wallpaper, it will never magnify the image because this had never happened in Gingerbread. Despite that, I have gone ahead and used wallpapers that were 540x960 and lower. No matter what ratio the wallpaper is, using HTC Livewallpaper Slideshow on ICS, it will always magnify the pictures.

Help:
I primarily use HTC Livewallpaper Slideshow to display pictures of my family and friends but I am unable to do so because of the magnification issue. Imagine a baby face instead of a tree in the screenshot and how it will look. Just very annoying looking through a Slideshow of smudged and disoriented faces.

I don't know much about porting, but is anyone able to just port the GB HTC LiveWallpaper Slideshow on to ICS directly? Or will that cause a problem? Please, can someone look in to it?

mohameddegheidy

Jul 18, 2011
I just Downloaded the rom from the Virtuous website , Its size is 288 mb not 260 mb as stated , and the Md5 doesnt match , This is So Strange !!
Everytime I try to redownload , its 288 mb , Can Anyone Confirm ?

Sinistah_

Mar 19, 2011
Is there anyway to maybe change the horrendous notification bar email icon when u open the bar all the way.

sent from thy phone

DJCodeBlue

Sep 5, 2011
Here's a bug I found.

When using the original messaging app, you hold onto a text to get the sub menu to copy the text message onto your clipboard. And then when you try to paste it somewhere else, it has something completely different copied onto the clipboard. I have to hold onto the text and copy it around 5 times until it successfully copied onto the clipboard.

For Example, my friend texted me his address and I held onto that text with the address to get the sub menu so that I can copy it onto my clipboard so that I can paste it onto Google Navigation. And when I copied it once and then went to the navigation app and pasted it there, it pasted an entirely different text from a different person and conversation which I've never copied before. And again I have to copy it onto the clipboard around 5 times until it gets it right.

Hope there's a fix for this!

H3llblax

Mar 19, 2012
Nope he is not talking about that.. he wants the 4side home screen but we get only 3sides

H3llblax

Mar 19, 2012
Here's a bug I found.

When using the original messaging app, you hold onto a text to get the sub menu to copy the text message onto your clipboard. And then when you try to paste it somewhere else, it has something completely different copied onto the clipboard. I have to hold onto the text and copy it around 5 times until it successfully copied onto the clipboard.

For Example, my friend texted me his address and I held onto that text with the address to get the sub menu so that I can copy it onto my clipboard so that I can paste it onto Google Navigation. And when I copied it once and then went to the navigation app and pasted it there, it pasted an entirely different text from a different person and conversation which I've never copied before. And again I have to copy it onto the clipboard around 5 times until it gets it right.

Hope there's a fix for this!

Nope not happening with me

Flux88

Aug 19, 2010
Wellington
Automatic brightness

Sorry for my inability to keep up; I understand that there used to be an issue where, when playing videos, the 'automatic brightness' setting didn't seem to have an effect, often resulting in very dark video playback. Is this still an issue?

DarkPrinceByWWW

Jul 15, 2009
Could someone maybe create a flashible zip file containing only the gallery app of the newest gapps? That would be great, so one can "repair" the included gallery app :)

Reactions: rgawenda

elgubbo

Nov 3, 2010
did a full wipe in 4ext recovery,
flashed rom (no errors),
tried to boot it: shows the virtuous logo, then reboots and gets stuck at "Sensation" splash.

what have i done wrong?

im on a sensation xe with 3.32 fw.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)