Think we'll see the dots view?

Search This thread

shaunjohn

Aug 13, 2010
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Yea I bought the m8 primarily for the dot view case, and like that dude said the case sucks. Add that the back scratches real easily and the novelty of the case lasts until the first back scratch and the fact that I paid 65$ on ebay, I who is one who never complains wishes I saw that video before ditching my m7

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app

grigorevalentin

Mar 1, 2011
If someone can figure out the software part: app, triggering on-off mode with the use of the proximity sensor, i think that the dot view case can be easily made by cutting holes, with a laser (not cheap and easily available), in a ready made flip case . Of course you would have to align the holes perfectly to the position of the image on the screen.
The solution of cutting them with a drill is easier but the end result it's not that pretty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Doesn't the M8 have a magnetic switch? for the case??

does the M7 have this as well?
    The case is using NFC and Sense6. The M7 has NFC and will have Sense6 soon.
    I find it weird that it uses NFC. In my M7 if I put a nfc sticker over the screen, I can read it, so it can be possible, but if you open the case entirely, the NFC chip will get detected and turn the screen off, thinking the case is closed.
    I think it's a magnet or something else than NFC

i think it could just use the light sensor/Proximity Sensor? would the case cover these? NFC for initial Case detection.. Proximity sensor for open close of case detection

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

oh as a side note... I'm running ARHD 61.1 and when the phone is locked and i quickly go to the running services, i can see that DotMatrix service is running..

so ok this is a port from the M8, but it does get triggered when the screen is locked... just wonder what else needs to further activate the other functions in the service (probably NFC and I HOPE Proximity Sensor)
    Can anyone tell me how exactly it uses NFC? I thought the NFC on the M8 was the same place as the M7 - near the camera. I was told that's why there's a little plastic line between the camera lens and the plastic strip because NFC can't penetrate the metal shell very well. That's where my NFC triggers best, anyway.

So if the case goes around the phone, it could use NFC to tell the phone that the case is on, but there's no way of using NFC to know when the case is open or closed. Surely that has to be magnetic. Also, my experience is that if you have an NFC tag permanently against the phone, it prevents it from using the NFC for anything else - so using the case would knock out your NFC.

Dot View would be awesome if HTC had used an AMOLED screen, but it seems to just be a battery-hog on an LCD. The entire LCD must be "on" and using battery, even if 90% of the pixels are black so I would never dream of having my screen lit up whilst the case is closed. If it was AMOLED then we could have some nice MotoX style notifications, including a much more battery-friendly dot view.
    does the magnet safe for M7?
    i scare it can broke my M7
    Hmmmm... Couldn't someone make a custom case by 3D printing one out? perhaps someone could modify the APK? to work with the M7?

If someone edit the apk I will give it a try.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk