FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Atom life stuck in DSUU mode, can anybody help?

919 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By Mastiff, Senior Member on 19th July 2011, 08:24 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
I dug up my old Atom Life since the HTC HD2 is in for repairs. But when I was going to flash it to a less buggy ROM something happened, and now it's stuck in DSUU mode. I can flash any ROM from the MINI-SDCard, extended and regular rom. But it doesn't help one bit, it boots to DSUU mode.

I can connect to it in bootloader mode with USB, but I get a model ID error with every ROM I try. Even if I flash the same ROM/Ext ROM first from the Mini SD and then try to flash again from USB I get that model ID error. Weird stuff... Anybody got a god idea to how I can fix this?

26th July 2011, 10:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Originally Posted by Mastiff

I dug up my old Atom Life since the HTC HD2 is in for repairs. But when I was going to flash it to a less buggy ROM something happened, and now it's stuck in DSUU mode. I can flash any ROM from the MINI-SDCard, extended and regular rom. But it doesn't help one bit, it boots to DSUU mode.

I can connect to it in bootloader mode with USB, but I get a model ID error with every ROM I try. Even if I flash the same ROM/Ext ROM first from the Mini SD and then try to flash again from USB I get that model ID error. Weird stuff... Anybody got a god idea to how I can fix this?

Maybe the file was corrupted, try downloading the ROM again or another WM6.5 ROM for Atom Life. Hope this helps.
27th July 2011, 06:40 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks for trying to help, but like I say in the first post I can flash any ROM from the SD Card and it still boots to DSUU mode. So I have tried that.
27th July 2011, 06:43 PM |#4  
Flag in here
Thanks Meter: 809

Donate to Me
More
try to disconnect everything and remove the battery. Let the remaining set for about 5 minutes.

Then reinstall the battery and try to upgrade again. This time it happened to pass through.
27th July 2011, 08:33 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Sorry, but I've tried that. I even left it for a couple of days without power this weekend, and it still didn't help.
30th November 2011, 03:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have the same problem.

anyone help please!
1st December 2011, 07:24 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Doesn't seem like there is any help. My Atom is put away in a drawer.
3rd February 2012, 02:57 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the only thing you should try is :

clean your record button, actually for some device, i found stuck hardware key. if they stuck at important key such as "recorder" on atom life, this will always keep you booting to boot loader mode...

diassemble your device carefully and just spray any contact cleaner while pushing your broken key repeatidily or if you have correct tools and part, replace it...

if the problem still persist, then the only suspect is your NAND FLASH on the device actually broken/corrupt/have some damage sector... and nothing you can do about it...
or maybe someone can reformat it?
19th August 2012, 01:21 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
In case anybody stumbles over this thread some day I finally made it work again by removing both the USB and SD card. Then I was able to use up and down and enter on the D-pad to choose "Boot OS" and strangely enough it worked! I'm not sure if that is because I had already flashed 5-6 different ROMs from the SD card, but no matter it's working now. Talk about tricky device!
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread