Iocean X7S Elite - Real Octa-core phone mini review

Search This thread

Lt_Columbo_87

Dec 7, 2009
Hi :)

Last seven days i have Iocean X7S Elite phone. I have to say that this device is really great. The most important features of this device are MT6592 1.7GHz Octa-core cpu, 2GB of RAM, Mali 450, FHD screen, Gesture control and 3G WCDMA can work on 900Mhz or 2100Mhz.

Significant technical specs

MT6592 1.7GHz Octa-core cpu
Mali 450 gpu
2GB of Ram
Screen: 5.0 inch, 1920X1080 pixels FHD screen, 443PPI
Network: WCDMA+GSM
Band: 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 2100MHz/900MHz
Gesture control
If you will be interested you can see here the full review for Iocean X7S

As for the design, I have a model in black and white combination. but it is possible to buy it in a completely black color. The case is made of good quality plastic.

This is how it looks :)

The screen is 5 inch big with resoulution of 1920X1080 pixels. It is Full HD screen or FHD. I have to say that the screen is brilliant. Color rendition is excellent, and also have an excellent viewing angle. therefore I do not have some objections for the screen.

This V8 beast :D have MT6592 1.7GHz octa core cpu + 2GB Ram + Mali 450 = win+win combination. It is really good combination, all applications that I have tried, it worked flawlessly. If you do not have too many installed apps, then there will always be freely around 1.3GB of ram.

Iocean X7S Elite scored 27200 points in antutu benchmark app. You can see screenshot below.

Also you can see the Vellamo Mobile Benchmark results :good:

All certainly wondering how GPS works on Iocean X7S ? Gps works great, I'm also pleasantly surprised because without wifi and network connection and without any fixes, gps works great with no problems.

I also want to say something about Gesture control function. It is really cool function which works good and that can be very useful. For now you can use it only for basic functions such as going through menu, etc.

Thank you :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Xperia-Ray

Lt_Columbo_87

Dec 7, 2009
About the video quality you can see below examples:

And here you can see how Iocean X7S plays movies, in this example is Star Trek Ds9 fight :victory:

Reactions: Xperia-Ray

Xperia-Ray

Jan 16, 2012
Great Review! thank you- I am happy to ee that they have fixed the GPS problem from MTK6589 version..
I am thinking to buy the MTK6582 version.

YCkcaJ

Mar 4, 2014
How would you compare it to Neken N6S?
What is the pricing of iOcean X7S Elite?

N6S has practically same specs as X7S, no bloatware, standard android no candy like MIUI, around $220 + shipping + tax.
Can you post more GPS screenshots and first fix times? Of course no WiFi, somewhere outside in the open.

What is the battery endurance? I guess it's going to be around the same for all MT6592 devices.

in2dark

Jul 6, 2013
I have the x7s one month now.

I cannot say I have found any single issue yet. The phone rocks and also with open wifi all day and normal use on calls the small battery lasts easily for the day.

It was much worse during the first days but after a week the battery started performing better.

gps locks in no time, the screen is ultra sharp in colours and the phone is very light overall

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi :)

Last seven days i have Iocean X7S Elite phone. I have to say that this device is really great. The most important features of this device are MT6592 1.7GHz Octa-core cpu, 2GB of RAM, Mali 450, FHD screen, Gesture control and 3G WCDMA can work on 900Mhz or 2100Mhz.

Significant technical specs

MT6592 1.7GHz Octa-core cpu
    Mali 450 gpu
    2GB of Ram
    Screen: 5.0 inch, 1920X1080 pixels FHD screen, 443PPI
    Network: WCDMA+GSM
    Band: 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    3G: WCDMA 2100MHz/900MHz
    Gesture control
    If you will be interested you can see here the full review for Iocean X7S

As for the design, I have a model in black and white combination. but it is possible to buy it in a completely black color. The case is made of good quality plastic.

This is how it looks :)

The screen is 5 inch big with resoulution of 1920X1080 pixels. It is Full HD screen or FHD. I have to say that the screen is brilliant. Color rendition is excellent, and also have an excellent viewing angle. therefore I do not have some objections for the screen.

This V8 beast :D have MT6592 1.7GHz octa core cpu + 2GB Ram + Mali 450 = win+win combination. It is really good combination, all applications that I have tried, it worked flawlessly. If you do not have too many installed apps, then there will always be freely around 1.3GB of ram.

Iocean X7S Elite scored 27200 points in antutu benchmark app. You can see screenshot below.

Also you can see the Vellamo Mobile Benchmark results :good:

All certainly wondering how GPS works on Iocean X7S ? Gps works great, I'm also pleasantly surprised because without wifi and network connection and without any fixes, gps works great with no problems.

I also want to say something about Gesture control function. It is really cool function which works good and that can be very useful. For now you can use it only for basic functions such as going through menu, etc.

Thank you :cool:
    About the video quality you can see below examples:

And here you can see how Iocean X7S plays movies, in this example is Star Trek Ds9 fight :victory:

Great Review! thank you- I am happy to ee that they have fixed the GPS problem from MTK6589 version..
    I am thinking to buy the MTK6582 version.

Thank you :)

Yes, they fixed the problem. Now gps is working good.