Perfect WM and Android Combination. NO ECHO OR SOD! Updated: 8/7/10

Search This thread

PreVayl

I still want wimo as main os but would like android for my playtime

I got the yellow reset button too so mine should work maybe somebody and find out what that means. maybe the manufactured components they used in the phone are slightly different.

ANYHOW,

SO if i use 4gb userdata thingy will i have more space to install apps or what?

please can somebody give me some personalized help through PM

im a freaking idiot with phones great with custom desktops and laptop, but not phone,

im like special ed somebody please with good knowledge on the hd2 tmous
hold my hand and help me out

chrisb@studioccollective.com

PreVayl

3.34 GB userdata.img needs to be created not 4gb, wont fit on fat formats.

4gb is too large to put on sd card for my hd2. is there a way around getting more space to download from the android market thanks :(

He has the 1gb userdata. but i second you notion. Maybe he should make a 3.34gb
userdata.img

and at the same time you can you a app called appinstaller
you can just drop the apk in any directory (create on on the root of sd) and it will search and find it, just make sure that you enable the setting that let you install non-market apps.

Last edited:

mistermino

Aug 7, 2010
I have tried many combinations. No matter what combo I try, I still cannot get MMS to work. BT seems to be an issue related to the builds but that doesn;t work either. The MAJOR issue for me is th call volume. I have tried builds witht he newest zimage, and mixed and matched ROMS and Android builds. The volume is too low for me. I can't even hear standing outside on the phone. This is what is killing Android for me as a daily ROM.
for mms my build with the hspl 3, radio 2.12.50.02.2, Mattc Froyo 1.5, running Chuckyrom for winmo, Call quality also works fine.

I'm using a Tmous phone also. Have only made 1 call so far, and call quality on my side and recipient seemed to be fine.

terrypro

Jul 9, 2010
I'm running everything perfectly right now. Can I install the stock tmous rom and still run android perfectly fine?

kosports

Mar 21, 2010
To everyone that is getting the robo voice.... you have to reformat your SDcard .... backup first of course..... but it worked for me and now every rom i flash i dont get the robo voice.

suua

Jun 17, 2010
Sarpsborg/ Norway
I use chuckydroidRom. Radio 2.12.50..
Android Build Darkstone Froyo ! with the lates zImage, No echo, no sod! works perfect!
battery life!! hmm, about 15 h, i use the phone pretty much!

D

-deuces-

it worked

thanks,

i was on chucky droid and radio 2.10 (matt c froyo 1.5) and i was getting SOD every five minutes :mad: .

but i swithed to energy and 2.12 radio comabo( kept the mattc froyo 1.5)...and bammmmmm :eek: .... 20 plus hourse with no SOD (including overnight).

Im also using set cpu app.

CHECK OUT THE SCREEN SHOTS :D

THANKS AGAIN

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 53
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 54

matury

Jun 20, 2010
Miami
no SOD...

hey thanks! its nice no sod so far more that 48 hrs. but...!! the GPS is not working fine, is not perfect, it has problems some times installing market apps "unable to install" you cannot move to SD card, other than that works perfect. plz somebody try to upload the userdata.img like a 3GB and i will try so see if i can fix the gps.:)

ok heres what i found! with set cpu at the max "performance" and with wifi off in WinMo (prevent the "wifi Error cannot connect in android")you din't get SOD! even if you lock the cell while your running alotof programs, it does not SOD, CPU to the max! icome back n tell what more ive found. ;)

Last edited:

mr gummy

May 14, 2010
I am using ChuckyDroid and Radio 12_50.2 and froyosotnes latest build for 120 hrs no problems at all works perfect now if only wifi hot spot/ teathering would work . Either way great job to all the devs.. :D

eenbox

Mar 21, 2010
Chicagoland
First i want to say thanks to all the developers that got involved to make this possible. Their hard work and sleepless nights are greatly appreciated.

I tried so many combinations of ROM's and Radio's that i gave up and nearly lost hope until a friend of mine at work found the perfect combination of Windows Mobile and Android to load on the US Tmobile HD2. Maybe i should buy him lunch tomorrow :cool:.

I think many are experiencing the issues i had, soooo.... I wanted to share this information and show you all little lost sheep out there how to get to the light at the end of the tunnel. :D

If you want to start from scratch, meaning from the factory ROM on the phone, then do what i did and follow the instructions below in the same order i performed them. If you are savvy enough to follow along without starting from a stock ROM, then more power to you. These steps are for the dummies like me who are out there and cant follow instructions.

Again this is for the US-TMobile HD2's. I dont know that this will work for the EU HD2's. Try at your own risk.

Step 1

Install the TMO Stock ROM. Click Here

Step 2

Root your TMO Stock ROM by installing 2.08.HardSPL. Click Here

Step 3

Install Energy's "Stardard-Energy" ROM located on the US TMO forum but for your convenience.... Click Here

Step 4

Install Radio version 2.12.50.02.2. Click Here

Step 5

Copy shubCRAFT's "Android" folder to the root of your SD Card. Click Here

- (I edited the startup file to prevent the "cant access tty; job control turned off " error message, therefore this install should be plug and play.

- When the copy is complete, place the SD CARD back in your phone if not already, and run clrcad & haret from the Storage card.

- You can also use the auto boot loader .cab file on your WM rom to autoload Android. Click Here

Updated: 8/7/10

For those of you who are having issues and don't know how to modify the startup.txt file. Here is a copy of the startup.txt file without the "loop_partition=mmcblk0" command line. Click Here

Just copy the file to the Android folder and overwrite the existing one and you should be all set.

Step 6

Here is a new 1GB userdata.img download link. Click Here

The old one was giving issues with texting. If you guys want a bigger userdata file let me know. This will also fix any download issues from the Market and prevent low disk space errors when attempting to install an application from the SD card.

Update: 8/7/10

Here is a 4GB userdata.img for the ones that wanted a bigger file. Click Here

I have this setup and I am getting an echo under shubcraft but not under windows (!?!)