[ROM] *Update* Sense(less) rEVOlution 2.0 Inc-EVO Hybrid Jan 19, 2011

Search This thread

inittowinit

May 1, 2010
I have to say that this 1.0 ROM rocks all the other sense or senseless ROMS. This especially true if you use launcherPro. You don't need all the HTC widgets, syncing if you use LP. Just wanted to give more props to Lou for creating this beast.

Highlights for me:
1. Best battery life of any ROM I've used (with lou's kernal #4)
2. Overall speed and stability (No FCs)
3. Taking out all the unneeded bloat from HTC but keeping the stuff that makes sense great!

Thanks again Lou.

carlbettag

Sep 8, 2009
fixed my own problem with Lous Kernel #4?

I love this ROM, but after a few days, I'll restart my phone (or power cycle), and everything (I mean everything) starts force closing. Pretty much makes the ROM unusable. So I go back to an earlier Nandroid, or re-install the ROM.

FYI these are my installation steps:

1. Boot into recovery
2. Wipe cache, data, dalvik
3. Install ROM
4. Download titanium from market
5. Restore a bunch of pretty standard apps (games, utilities, etc), WITHOUT data

Then everything works fine until the next 'force close' storm, then I have to repeat.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way of fixing this? This is not the first time I've had this problem, and in the past I have just moved on to a new ROM. However, this time I really want to stick with this one :-(

I've done a little research - next time I'll try to use gscript for fixing permissions. But still looking for suggestions.

Thx in advance.

I stuck with this ROM & installed Lou's Kernel #4. Have now gone about a week with no FCs. Fingers crossed, because I agree with many others - this ROM IS THE BOMB! Thanks Lou!

If the stability lasts I will be buying you a couple of nice cocktails :)

madtomatoes

Jul 24, 2010
Can someone link me an updated Gingerbread keyboard port for this rom? The only one that I can find had a few bugs in it with autocorrect

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Can someone link me an updated Gingerbread keyboard port for this rom? The only one that I can find had a few bugs in it with autocorrect

Go through the Theme forums to find the CM6 Ninjabread theme. They have an awesome keyboard over there. The link for it is in their OP.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Reactions: madtomatoes

jdefran

Nov 6, 2010
Metro Orlando
Lou's kernel # 4 seems popular with this rom; anyone have other suggestions? I would like to overclock yet still receive decent battery life...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

hazard666

Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
Has anyone gotten the uncapped data mod to work with SR? I keep trying the update zip and even tried modifying it myself to no avail.

mp3sum

Dec 14, 2008
Any chance of an update with the Status bar power mod that doesn't get desynchronized?

toosurreal01

Nov 23, 2010
Just wanted to post a testament as to how awesome this ROM is paired with Lou's #4 kernel.

Going over 30 hours strong with 20% battery left under normal use!

snap20110106_140548.png

Reactions: inittowinit

DjCalvin

Mar 24, 2010
VT
Any chance of an update with the Status bar power mod that doesn't get desynchronized?

Found it.. and it works flawlessly, the downside is you loose the themed power control widget and notifications.. but you can change the power on/off notifications with the app below..
I'm going to take a stab at theming it tomorrow.

Here ya go:
Backup your widget.txt from /system/customize/ just for good measure.

Then on with the Pony show:

Flash this

Then flash this app to manage it.

Sources:
Notification Menu Power Control Widgets for Sense 2.0

Power Control Widgets Settings Application

snap20110106_103655.png

DjCalvin

Mar 24, 2010
VT
And here is the modded power notification bar 2.0 - With new and improved syncing!

OK, here we go.. All fixed...
If anyone see's anything else.. lemmie know..

This is the new Powerbar 2.0 from JsChiSurf that is themed to match what was currently in senseless revolution.

All images were transferred over from Lou's to this new one.. only the statusbar XMLS were copied over so I didn't break the framework.

snap20110107_205255.png

Directions:
Nandroid first..
Flash PowerBar2_Senseless.zip

I'm putting together another one with some newer mods in it. (circle battery and a plain white gps) will post it up when I am done.

Update:

Flash the PowerBar2_Sensless_With_Android.zip for all the things you love about senseless with the new super snazzy this:
snap20110107_223229.png

Credit goes to my wife for making the image fit for our device.. came from the droid X fourms.. cant find my source link.. will keep digging though.

Attachments

• PowerBar2_Senseless.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 17
  • PowerBar2_Senseless_With_Android.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

999vulcan

Dec 22, 2010
Alrighty, I modded the new statusbar 2.0 which does not loose sync with Lou's theme from senseless revolution 1.0

Thanks for the effort, and it would indeed be great to have this, but it appears this is not quite completely identical to Lou's theme in that the notification area is 100% white, and not transparent, and the buttons are green instead of shades of grey.

Compare to Lou's theme:

screenshot_14.png

If this can be fixed, I, for one, would be grateful!

Last edited:

DjCalvin

Mar 24, 2010
VT
Alrighty, I modded the new statusbar 2.0 which does not loose sync with Lou's theme from senseless revolution 1.0

Thanks for the effort, and it would indeed be great to have this, but it appears this is not quite completely identical to Lou's theme in that the notification area is 100% white, and not transparent, and the buttons are green instead of shades of grey.

Compare to Lou's theme:

screenshot_14.png

If this can be fixed, I, for one, would be grateful!

Damn! I didnt even notice the transparency Under Ongoing! Ive had the new power bar running all white for a few days I completely forgot that it was Completely Transparent..

Also.. the green can be changed using the power applet. I changed it to green through there..
Here is stock: (not making it green like I intentionally did)
snap20110107_200633.png

I will see if I can find the transparency under ongoing....

Reactions: 999vulcan

999vulcan

Dec 22, 2010
By the way, the GPS icon is pretty lame in this ROM what with the red dots. Something monochrome would be nice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be the home for Senseless rEVOlution. I'm starting a new thread because the current Redemptive rEVOlution thread has over 5000 posts and it's hard enough to keep track of things for that Rom.

Summary:

Senseless rEVOlution is an Incredible/EVO hybrid with all of Sense stripped away with only the necessary parts left in tact for those who use alternative launchers such as ADW (which is used by default due to it's Open Source licensing) and Launcher Pro. This Rom is based off of my current Rom Redemptive rEVOlution.​

Features & Change Log:

See my current Redemptive rEVOlution thread for a feature list for the base Rom & current Change Log http://bit.ly/gxoxSt

Is this an AOSP Rom?

NO this is not an AOSP Rom. Even though I've stripped away most of Sense it's still based on Htc Sense thus you can only use kernels and themes based on HTC Sense.​

Why don't I just use Redemptive rEVOlution and install my favorite alternative Launcher?

If you find yourself using an alternative Launcher then you're not using 90% of the Sense apps so why have them installed on your system taking up precious space and and in many cases these apps are "actively syncing" information and using your precious Ram. The benefit of using Senseless rEVOlution is these apps are removed for you thus saving Space and Ram which in turn will increase overall speed and battery life.​

Can I use themes made for Redemptive rEVOlution?

Absolutely! Thats another benefit of this Rom because it's using the exact same framework as Redemptive rEVOlution you can continue to use your favorite theme that you've been using on Redemptive rEVOlution. (Themer's rejoice! No porting will have to be done for this project)​

Parts of Sense that have been removed:

• Backup Assistant (available via flashable zip in "Sensless" folder on your SD Card)
    • Plugin Manager
    • Rosie
    • App Sharing
    • Widget Download Manager
    • Weather Widget
    • Htc Friend Stream Widget (Friend Stream has to stay to sync Facebook contacts)
    • Htc News Reader & Widget
    • Htc Music Widget
    • Htc FM Radio & Widget
    • Htc Add Program Widget
    • Htc Bookmark Widget
    • Htc Calculator Widget
    • Htc Contacts Widget
    • Htc Copyright
    • Htc Mail Widget
    • Htc Messages Widget
    • Htc Photo Widget
    • Htc Profiles Widget
    • Htc Ringtone Widget
    • Htc Settings Widget
    • Htc Sync Widget
    • Htc Weather Wallpaper
    • Htc Twitter Widget
    • Deleted all HTC Wallpapers

Bugs:

Selecting Friend Stream will prompt a Force Close​

Installation:

• Place HBoot .92 on Root of SD Card then boot into bootloader when asked if you want to update select Yes after update when asked if you want to reboot phone select Yes.
    • Flash Senseless rEVOlution via Rom Manager or by using Clockwork Mod Recovery.
    • All Optional Content is in the "Redemptive" folder which is pushed to your SD card during install. This folder contains various Mods that can be flashed just like a Rom using Rom Manager or by using Clockwork Mod Recovery.
    Disclaimer:
    As with any Rom or Mod flash you are taking matters into your own hands I will not be held responsible for any bricked devices or be held responsible for the injuries you may inflict on others if this were to happen.​

Restoring Apps/Data:
    This install will format your system. If you want to back up your apps with titanium fine but just do the apps not the data. This is my recommendation if you back up data and then have problems don't say I didn't warn you. Also please don't argue with me about the Rom wiping the system I'm the developer and this is the way I feel will provide the best non glitchy experience. As a result I can spend less time trouble shooting and more time working on the next release....Thanks guys for everything...Lou​

Downloads:

HBoot .92 REQUIRED
    http://www.multiupload.com/AWPY93YE51

Senseless rEVOlution 2.0
    md5sum: 131cf208ff0df78d07db8f36d243f549
    http://www.multiupload.com/KZT5ZM0IEH
    For those asking, I just did a WinDiff comparison between the contents of the two ROMs (Redemptive and Senseless). Here's what I found:

Over 800 items are identical between Redemptive and Senseless. I would list them, but it would exceed the character limit on the forum software. If you really want to see everything, you can click here

As far as differences...

File exists in both, but has different checksums between the two:

Code:
    .\data\app\esfileexplorer.apk
    .\meta-inf\cert.rsa
    .\meta-inf\cert.sf
    .\meta-inf\com\google\android\update-script
    .\meta-inf\manifest.mf
    .\system\build.prop

Only found in Redemptive:

Code:
    .\redemptive\redemptive_revolution_2.2_noclock_mod.zip
    .\system\app\appsharing.apk
    .\system\app\com.htc.friendstreamwidget.apk
    .\system\app\com.htc.musicwidget.apk
    .\system\app\com.htc.newsreaderwidget.apk
    .\system\app\com.htc.twitterwidget.apk
    .\system\app\com.htc.weatherwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcaddprogramwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcbookmarkwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htccalculatorwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htccalendarwidgets.apk
    .\system\app\htcclockwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htccontactwidgets.apk
    .\system\app\htcmailwidgets.apk
    .\system\app\htcmsgwidgets.apk
    .\system\app\htcphotowidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcprofileswidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcringtonewidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcsettingwidgets.apk
    .\system\app\htcsyncwidget.apk
    .\system\app\htcweatherwallpaper.apk
    .\system\app\newsreader.apk
    .\system\app\pluginmanager.apk
    .\system\app\rosie.apk
    .\system\app\tvout.apk
    .\system\app\widgetdownloadmanager.apk
    .\system\customize\resource\bigben.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\colosseum.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\eiffeltower.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_01.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_02.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_03.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_04.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_05.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_06.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_07.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_08.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_09.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_10.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_11.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_12.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_13.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_14.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_15.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_16.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_17.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_18.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_19.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_20.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_21.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_22.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_01.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_02.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_03.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_04.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_05.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_06.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_07.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_08.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_09.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_10.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_11.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_12.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_13.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_14.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_15.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_16.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_17.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_18.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_19.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_20.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_21.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\htc_wallpaper_small_22.jpg
    .\system\customize\resource\incredible_wp_1.png
    .\system\customize\resource\incredible_wp_preview_1.png

Only found in Senseless:

Code:
    .\data\app\adwlauncher.apk
    .\data\app\musicmod.apk
    .\data\app\weatherforecast.apk
    .\senseless\app_backup_assistant.zip
    .\senseless\font_pack_stock_sense.zip
    .\senseless\font_pack_ubuntu_10.10.zip
    .\senseless\senseless_2.0_nobattery_mod.zip

So as you can see, they are mostly identical, including framework and resources.

Based on this comparison, it doesn't seem like a Sense removal script would yield significantly different results from using Senseless: just depends on what your script looks to remove.
    And here is the modded power notification bar 2.0 - With new and improved syncing!

OK, here we go.. All fixed...
    If anyone see's anything else.. lemmie know..

This is the new Powerbar 2.0 from JsChiSurf that is themed to match what was currently in senseless revolution.

All images were transferred over from Lou's to this new one.. only the statusbar XMLS were copied over so I didn't break the framework.

snap20110107_205255.png

Directions:
    Nandroid first..
    Flash PowerBar2_Senseless.zip

I'm putting together another one with some newer mods in it. (circle battery and a plain white gps) will post it up when I am done.

Update:

Flash the PowerBar2_Sensless_With_Android.zip for all the things you love about senseless with the new super snazzy this:
    snap20110107_223229.png

Credit goes to my wife for making the image fit for our device.. came from the droid X fourms.. cant find my source link.. will keep digging though.
    Reserved

Reserved for future use.