What cases is everyone using?

Search This thread

tpierce89

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 29, 2008
Alabama
In someway it's better and if you're looking for a nice price, I also get one and now get far away from other brand such as otterbox...

I'm still using my LoveMei case. It's the best one I've found so far. The GPS is problematic, but other than that its great. I regularly have mine out in the rain and I've had no problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

TeleFragger

Account currently disabled
Jan 30, 2008
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
dropped my phone for the 3rd time.. concrete drops are taking nice chunks out of the silver outer... ughhh
so now im looking and saw a waterproof on on ebay. some auctions say nothing on underwater use but one auction states

Note: Over 5 ounces heavy. Splash waterproof, not suitable for submerging underwater.

so im contemplating but it isnt a $6-10 case so trying to justify.. and search out first...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Waterpr...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item1c3eb86eea

just found this one and may go with it..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item1e89f2fdc4

HaloTwenty3

Nov 10, 2007
Wiltshire
I'm using a legit Spigen Neo Hybrid and their tempered glass screen protector. Spigen make well made stuff. I used a case and screen protector of theirs on my old S3.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rand4ll

Jan 16, 2011
I use a Seidio LEDGER Flip case w/ metal kickstand (the one without the s-view window, but it has cutouts for the speaker and LED and a slot that holds two, and only 2 (case is very slim). I really like Seidio cases and have had a few, but I just filled out an RMA because the magnetic part that holds the kickstand down came off and gluing it back on was unsuccessful. I attached some velcro to hold down the kickstand, but it isn't flush anymore and F that since it was relatively expensive ($40 I think) and it occasionally interferes with Qi charging, which works fine through the case anyways.

I'm finding the Spigen S-view pretty tempting, but I threw down a Kickstarter pledge for a HOT Smartwatch, so I don't think the s-view function would be all that useful for me (though it is pretty cool) and I like wallet-style cases, because that's one less thing to grab when leaving the house.

Despite my issue with this Seidio case, I've had several others and never had a problem. The Ledger Flip is pretty slick, and I'd recommend it despite my issue, which I imagine was just a fluke. Will see how the RMA goes.

Update: Thumbs up Seidio, super easy RMA. Filled out a form online, described the issue, next day got an email saying that my claim was approved and the new case would be in the mail in a day or two. They didn't saying anything about returning the messed up case, so assuming that's not necessary.

Also using the seidio ledger case and I really like it so far. Had it about two weeks and no problems.

Have the nillkin tempered glass screen protector as well and it all works perfectly together.

jah

Also using the seidio ledger case and I really like it so far. Had it about two weeks and no problems.

Have the nillkin tempered glass screen protector as well and it all works perfectly together.

Had to return my Ledger case as the s view function through the window was not consistent.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Had to return my Ledger case as the s view function through the window was not consistent.

I have found out that this is not always the problem with the chipset, it could be design problem with the magnet or the actual cover, I have many S view cases/covers and many chipsets, and a few S view/qi wireless receiver, with some covers it work whiles others I get your problem, have tried many combination, and it seems like i'm haveing this problem with 2 of my cover.

hopes this helps.

gcforreal

Sep 3, 2009
I use several cases but NY favorite two has to be the body glove shocksuit.. It's ultra protective like an otterbox defender but half the thickness best case ever just do yourself a favor and remove built in screen protector and use your own.... My other Fave is surprisingly the kickstand (works in portrait or landscape) case that sells at Verizon with the holster. I think amzer sells one as well called the shellster great case...... I have the ledger view but like someone else said sometime u have play with the flap to get the s view function I just wish they'd included something to keep it secure and closed

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jazzmachine

Jan 9, 2013
Chicago
Gots to give some props to Seidio here. I had to RMA a LEDGER Flip Case because the magnetic piece that holds down the case's metal kickstand and my velcro fix just wasn't doing it for me, especially since it's definitely a relatively expensive case.

The RMA process was super easy. Just filled out a form online and described the issue, then a couple days later I got an email saying that my new case would be in the mail in a day or two.

Yesterday I gave customer service a call to ask if I needed to send back the case with the issue. The guy that I talked to was extremely cool / friendly. He let me know that sometimes they ask for a return and sometimes they don't, but it would tell you how to return it in the approval email. Cool, nice to have an extra case. Since I was having a good experience talking to the rep, I offered some feedback on my experience using that case, and a couple of thoughts I'd had on how the design could be improved. He seemed genuinely grateful for my feedback and would talk to the R&D department about my thoughts.

TL/DR: Seidio makes super nice cases and based on my experience dealing with them, I'd definitely advocate supporting this compamy.

rolf90

Jul 16, 2010
orlando,FL
www.facebook.com
According to other reports they do. This has been a problem on other phones too since the first iPhone metal bumpers.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I am using the bumper and I have no issues, the reason the iPhone has issues is because the antenna is on the side while on the note 3 it's in the lower back. Try for yourself

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm just starting with the Note III now, having had it for only a month. Tried a Spigen Slim (?) case first (this one) and while it's a great fit, it's very tight and I started experiencing issues with my phone, which may or may not have been related to that, and since I got it replaced I haven't tried the case again.

Got a blue TPU case that barely fit right and made the buttons useless, so would NOT recommend it.
this crap here

And for now settled on this one. Love the fit and feel.
71JeEZCVDaL._SL1500_.jpg

Looking to get a Spigen Neo Hybrid next and maybe one of these. If they were a good idea, I'd love the White/Blue and my wife the White/Pink (yep, matching Note 3s). Has anyone tried these out?
http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Aluminu...p-atf_title_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397426279&sr=8-2

I know at some point aluminum cases were to be avoided at all costs, but at least on my Note II I had an aluminum full body shell and never experienced any signal problems. The reviews are kind of mixed but love the look.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
It's real leather, and it wasn't shipped from china.

no, it's synthetic leather.

You can't get real leather for $6 no matter the shipping location

I know leather when I see it, and as stated in my first post I got it in china, it wasn't shipped.

these days leather can be really cheap.

Then it must have come from a Chinese mass slaughterhouse. I can't imagine the horrible life that poor animal had to endure to make that case. :(

This exchange was hilarious. Especially when jamor was like "fine, if it's real leather than it came from a tortured animal!" lol

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
I'm just starting with the Note III now, having had it for only a month. Tried a Spigen Slim (?) case first (this one) and while it's a great fit, it's very tight and I started experiencing issues with my phone, which may or may not have been related to that, and since I got it replaced I haven't tried the case again.

Got a blue TPU case that barely fit right and made the buttons useless, so would NOT recommend it.
this crap here

And for now settled on this one. Love the fit and feel.
71JeEZCVDaL._SL1500_.jpg

Looking to get a Spigen Neo Hybrid next and maybe one of these. If they were a good idea, I'd love the White/Blue and my wife the White/Pink (yep, matching Note 3s). Has anyone tried these out?
http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Aluminu...p-atf_title_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397426279&sr=8-2

I know at some point aluminum cases were to be avoided at all costs, but at least on my Note II I had an aluminum full body shell and never experienced any signal problems. The reviews are kind of mixed but love the look.

I absolutely HATED my Caseology case and gave it away as soon as I could. Mine had the textured black back and it looked and felt like crap. Not protection for the buttons either and I could pretty much only use the Samsung mUSB3 cable.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm actually very pleased with the texture and fit of this one. And I much prefer cases with the buttons exposed, as the sensitivity and responsiveness of the buttons don't get affected as with most TPU cases that cover them. Then again, I don't drop my phones, wet my phones, or in any way damage them. When I turned in my Note II to T-Mobile to get the Note III, the guy actually complemented the condition my 1-year old phone was in :eek:

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Wayne
The diztronic is a great case. I have the Ringke white and wish the black the black was available when I ordered it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
Oh, my god, why so different in price. I found the same one just $28.99.

Love Mei Metal Case

This website is virus infected... got an 4 alerts as soon as I hit it and my Virus protection blocked the site. DON'T CLICK THAT LINK.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Who makes the real leather case?

LOL... that's not real leather. I buy purses out of china and south america... you can tell from the "smooth edge". They use a chemical like material to keep the materials together... gives it that leather edge look.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a Pure-Gear DualTek Extreme.

Had one on my S3 and had some pretty nasty drops and never had an issue. They have some amazing customer service also!!
    Anyone used these, can you comment on them, thinking of purchasing a few to change over.

Leather back case

nx4bwz.jpg

oszio7.jpg

27yqyq8.jpg

11hyvbn.jpg

6h2d07.jpg

Glass back case

idssgx.jpg

156xpie.jpg

Glass aluminum battery cover

1tovp0.jpg
    Using this ATM

i5xehf.jpg

zkol53.jpg

2mzwimt.jpg

1z6e341.jpg

mogvq.jpg

bgwvo1.jpg
    PB157263.jpg

PB157260.jpg

PB157259.jpg

PB157264.jpg

PB157261.jpg

PB157262.jpg

PB157258.jpg

Full Metal Bumper + Metal Backcover Combo with Spigen SGP Glas.t Tempered Glass Screen Protector. :)
    One of my cheap cases arrived from China ahead of schedule, and it was probably the best $3.91 I've ever spent. It's perfectly minimal for me, and the flimsy kickstand is a bonus! Definitely happy with the purchase..
    yrujena6.jpg
    yby2e2y3.jpg
    3aquzery.jpg