UK Barclays and Root

Search This thread

Crocodile1973

Jan 7, 2011
Does anyone in the UK use any temp unroot app, so they can use Barclays app's.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Just type Barclay's Mobile Banking Root Fix on XDA, that thread will help you a bit, I think.

does that work?... They must be a new update since I last looked, but thanks,

hoping for a root cloak for sky go as well.....

EDIT
As I thought, that wont work...its been patched in a way that will be EXTREMELY difficult to fix

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
I'd be very interested to know why they don't allow root users use of the app. Anyone any ideas?

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
Its a potential security risk as root means you can see sensitive data within the app, or personal data

Its to protect the customer

That makes sense, seems a bit overkill but if it's for the customers benefit then it's all good. I'm with TSB sadly, but their app works on rooted handsets.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
How often does the app check for root? What if the app was installed on stock and then you rooted? Could the app be modded from that point? Or a previous version be used instead?

Fiso

Dec 21, 2013
Its a potential security risk as root means you can see sensitive data within the app, or personal data

Lol its about as safe as using a desktop. Root is like administration rights on Windows app. Besides all other banking apps don't have the same restrictions why only Barclay's?
There is no perfect justification for what they are doing.
Besides using Barclays on desktop regardless of platform is more dangerous that root on phone. On your phone atleast you know what app is doing what and you can stop it. On desktop you don't know what app you've installed and what's it doing.
yup owns Z1 and stuff.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd be very interested to know why they don't allow root users use of the app. Anyone any ideas?