[Q] Someone knows about root Samsung Galaxy R?

Search This thread
M

m.kochan10

Indeed. Only one user (ardatdat) that makes some real progress is way too little to convince admins to give us own section.

We have bad luck due to ICS introduction. Since 4.0 is on the way none cares about cooking new gingerbread rom special for us. Right now Samsung doesn't give **** about other parts of the world than Asia. (still no update for Europe...) Rom cookers and devs prefer SGS2 and are generally more interested in ICS (well no wonder.)

To sum up:
1) our device resembles his older and stronger brother so much that...people most often choose sgs2 since the price difference isn't huge.
2) OS - uppdate / shift to ICS makes development even slower.
3) Lack of proper promotion (SGR still doesn't exist on swedish website !!!).
4) Increasingly bigger competition on mobile market.

It was really bad time for entering the market. I'm certain that long awaited breakthrough will come within few months (after ICS's release). The older devices will not fulfill requirements, and our sgr's popularity and development will boost for sure!

Last edited:

Google86

Oct 19, 2011
Spain, EU.
Indeed. Only one user (ardatdat) that makes some real progress is way too little to convince admins to give us own section.

We have bad luck due to ICS introduction. Since 4.0 is on the way none cares about cooking new gingerbread rom special for us. Right now Samsung doesn't give **** about other parts of the world than Asia. (still no update for Europe...) Rom cookers and devs prefer SGS2 and are generally more interested in ICS (well no wonder.)

To sum up:
1) our device resembles his older and stronger brother so much that...people most often choose sgs2 since the price difference isn't huge.
2) OS - uppdate / shift to ICS makes development even slower.
3) Lack of proper promotion (SGR still doesn't exist on swedish website !!!).
4) Increasingly bigger competition on mobile market.

It was really bad time for entering the market. I'm certain that long awaited breakthrough will come within few months (after ICS's release). The older devices will not fulfill requirements, and our sgr's popularity and development will boost for sure!

I agree with all things you said;

Most important thing is the part when you talked about asia, samsung is releasing fw only in Asian regions, I'd say that de DO care about I9103 , its just they only care in ASIAN countries, maybe there they sold in high numbers this device I dont know... But they updated up to 2.3.6 ( same than S2) so If we ever see ICS would be in first place in Asia for sure... ( IMO)

I think that is that the KEY would be sell much more R's so by chance some advanced developer can help us with ports,kernel and roms.

Finally I strongly HOPE that you are right and within some months R becomes more popular and gets a stronger community.

M

m.kochan10

SGR seems to be very popular in Asia. It's properly advertised on Hong kong's, taiwanese, chinese websites. (I cannot understand why only few european countries have it officially.) Look how many votes we've got for last 3 weeks. We almost tripled the total score and look at usernames. I'll bet 90% of them are chinese users.

I think (well "I believe" is the right word :) ) those devices that are supposed get ICS will develop faster after release, and SGR is allegedly among them.

M

m.kochan10

I monitor those threads regularly;) If you can trust google translate there's a big interest in that.

Nov 26, 2011
SGR seems to be very popular in Asia. It's properly advertised on Hong kong's, taiwanese, chinese websites. (I cannot understand why only few european countries have it officially.) Look how many votes we've got for last 3 weeks. We almost tripled the total score and look at usernames. I'll bet 90% of them are chinese users.

I think (well "I believe" is the right word :) ) those devices that are supposed get ICS will develop faster after release, and SGR is allegedly among them.

i am a chinese! we want to have a forum here too! we will keep voting for the gsr! sorry for my poor english~

M

m.kochan10

Welcome onboard :) No need to apologize. Most of us aren't experts in english either :)

Great that you will keep voting. Just remember that every user can leave only one vote per device. But it's obvious :)

BTW. You can give us update how things are going on with miui, since none here speaks mandarin ;)

Last edited:

sonny34

Nov 29, 2011
girona
How i can do a backup? I tried to do it with rom manager but when i press flash clockworkmod recovery button it doesn t recognise my device but downloads it. Then i press the start in recovery button and it don t do anything.
Then when i restart in recovery mode by pressing power home and volume up it appears the original samsung recovery mode.
Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA App

M

m.kochan10

How i can do a backup? I tried to do it with rom manager but when i press flash clockworkmod recovery button it doesn t recognise my device but downloads it. Then i press the start in recovery button and it don t do anything.
Then when i restart in recovery mode by pressing power home and volume up it appears the original samsung recovery mode.

don't do it with rom manager if you don't want to brick your phone. This CWM works with our device. Just follow the guide:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19469632&postcount=20

sonny34

Nov 29, 2011
girona
Thanks a lot. All working now CWM (did a backup) and kernel by ardadat + overclock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The first site you linked is crap. All they did is get articles of the S2 and change that term for R.

However, I am cooperating with another person to build an insecure kernel for this device (well, to be fair, he is doing all of the work. I am only providing the info that he needs of the phone and trying out his theories). The thing is that we hope that in a near future we will be able to root the Galaxy R with the file we are making and an app called S2 Root, which allready supports our phone.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium
    can you say how did you managed to root your SGR?

I need root for apps not for ROMS.

Me too, one of my favorite is ROM manager ;)

First you need to know what is rooting.
    Simply it's an app that gives you access to system folders and all administrator (root) permissions. So there is no root for ROMs or apps, there is just root or no root. At this point there is only Korean or Taiwan ROM with root (super user app) inbuilt.
    But be careful first thing is to copy efs folder from system, and keep tht copy or few of them on your PC or some hard copy. This is a must since anything can be restored with reflashing but this. And this folder contains IMEI number and some other stuff, loosing them means that there will be no more calls and even more. It is possible to restore it but that costs a lot and special equipment is needed for that. So if you root first thing to do is copy efs folder to memory card...PC...

Second thing, do not do NV rebuild in "secret menu" this will delete gsm 3G...settings and you loose radio connection calls...data...
    So keep this in mind ;)
    Not everyone knows how much EFS folder is important, just read how many people lost it in SCS2 when they flashed CM ROM!
    And it's not me against the rest of the world?!?
    Just giving straight forward useful advice and explanation.
    So mister "knowitall", give us some kind of telepathic enlightenment so we (forum users) can quit.
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha just kidding sorry for sarcasm ;)
    you have europe FW ? send me