Aluminum bumper for $65 down to $18

Search This thread

tiwey

Oct 18, 2010
If you guys remember the all aluminum bumper available on ebay for $65? well the silver one is down to a much more palatable $18. just ordered mine and it should be in in a week are two. unfortunately the black one is still $65. links are below.

Silver:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-PREM...ccessories&hash=item3cc015e263#ht_2335wt_1139

Black: (reference)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-PREMI...ccessories&hash=item3cc015de5e#ht_2335wt_1139

EDIT:
ok so i've had the case for a couple weeks and have had time to thoroughly examine it...
IMO it is a beautiful case, it does make the phone larger much like every other case. at first it does feel larger because it has a wider girth than most other cases. you will get people to comment saying "thats a big phone" it happens alot lol
the edges near the screen are actually a little sharp, the company didn't smooth the edges very well. its not gonna cut you or anything like that but it is noticible for the first few days, much like its size. another con is that many 3.5mm headphone cable don't fit well if they are very wide cables...the headphones i use and the aux cord in my car fit without a problem but the one in my mom's car (tape to 3.5mm adapter) does not fit, nor does the one i use to play music on my home theatre system.

it is a beautiful case and adds a good amount of weight, both giving it a more premium feel...overall i'm happy and will suggest it to anyone. with the only con being that some headphones may not fit, all other you can easily get over. i bought the silver one and mixed it with a blue brushed aluminum textured skin from skinit.com, and it looks sexy haha

i like it, but if you want a small case that you'll barely notice, i'd choose a different case

Last edited:

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta

yeah i emailed the seller :)

its funny because this is what he said... yet he dropped it anyways:
(what i sent)
To: in*use
Subject: ??:Me ? BLACK PREMIUM ADVANCED ALUMINIUM METAL BUMPER CASE FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 I9100????260920696414 ???????
Sent Date: 2011-12-30 03??29?14?

in*use????

I saw that the exact same product for 18, can i buy this for the same price?

- Joshua Johnson

(the sellers reply)
Dear (Me),

hello
thanks for your email
sorry ,can not ,
thanks very much
best wishes

- in*use
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

few minutes later the price dropped... maybe he didnt understand that i was referring to the other product he was selling? Oh well :):)

Last edited:

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
I'm ordering the black one, most likely.

How long did shipping take?
How is the build quality?
Any pictures that are user posted?

Once these questions are answered then I will buy. Spectacular find though!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
I'm ordering the black one, most likely.

How long did shipping take?
How is the build quality?
Any pictures that are user posted?

Once these questions are answered then I will buy. Spectacular find though!

well i dont think anyone has one yet, he just posted yesterday, if your willing to wait ill let you know how long it takes and take some photos... it may be a few weeks before i get it

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
well i dont think anyone has one yet, he just posted yesterday, if your willing to wait ill let you know how long it takes and take some photos... it may be a few weeks before i get it

I know, that's why I said once these questions are answered then I will order.

Another concern I have is covering the microphone. I wonder if this will cause concern.

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Last edited:

tiwey

Oct 18, 2010
Dangit... Should have emailed him too... Anyway I gotten silver one comimg in if I like it ill buy the black one too... When I get it I'll post details

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
BTW, they sell these in many colors on eBay for $18 including shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you guys remember the all aluminum bumper available on ebay for $65? well the silver one is down to a much more palatable $18. just ordered mine and it should be in in a week are two. unfortunately the black one is still $65. links are below.

Silver:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-PREM...ccessories&hash=item3cc015e263#ht_2335wt_1139

Black: (reference)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-PREMI...ccessories&hash=item3cc015de5e#ht_2335wt_1139

EDIT:
    ok so i've had the case for a couple weeks and have had time to thoroughly examine it...
    IMO it is a beautiful case, it does make the phone larger much like every other case. at first it does feel larger because it has a wider girth than most other cases. you will get people to comment saying "thats a big phone" it happens alot lol
    the edges near the screen are actually a little sharp, the company didn't smooth the edges very well. its not gonna cut you or anything like that but it is noticible for the first few days, much like its size. another con is that many 3.5mm headphone cable don't fit well if they are very wide cables...the headphones i use and the aux cord in my car fit without a problem but the one in my mom's car (tape to 3.5mm adapter) does not fit, nor does the one i use to play music on my home theatre system.

it is a beautiful case and adds a good amount of weight, both giving it a more premium feel...overall i'm happy and will suggest it to anyone. with the only con being that some headphones may not fit, all other you can easily get over. i bought the silver one and mixed it with a blue brushed aluminum textured skin from skinit.com, and it looks sexy haha

i like it, but if you want a small case that you'll barely notice, i'd choose a different case
    I just ordered mine in black, have the drill bit ready to make the secondary mic hole.:D
    I wanna know this also. I will wait for someone's feedback first.

check out this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1308763

the last comment on the first page addresses your concern, it is post number 10
    Here's my black case.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    Did you guys get the tools to take it apart? I just got the case but no way to take the screws out.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

It just needs Allen keys.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium