Bluetooth headphones problem

Search This thread

mwiz123

Mar 3, 2011
Orlando
I got Bluetooth headphones for my birthday and I hooked it up to my Samsung captivate and I noticed a problem... it keep stopping and going the ferther away they got from the phone it was fustrating :banghead:
so I paired then to my dad's phone (iPhone 4) they worked fine I can go to my parents room across. The house and they wouldn't what the captivate. Is there anyway to fixed this :confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA

objectuser

Apr 16, 2012
I think it's simply a limitation of the phone. Mine current headset doesn't reach very far either, and neither did my previous headset. And that's with Android 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and now 4.0.

But it's a small sampling of three headsets between the two of us.

phlunkie

Apr 30, 2007
florida
I have noticed that on some roms I can go further than other roms with my bt headset. Are you using a custom rom? If so Try a different one. If not, root and try another rom.

Jon2288

Mar 23, 2012
Try using a different headset. Gaming headsets are usually designed pretty well, but you will gain a lot more bulk with those. If you have a friend with a set, borrow them and try them out. If you test other sets and they all work the same you will know with some certainty that it is a limitation of the phone or a software issue.

My cappy does not get good range with a motorola headset and a sony over the ear headset. Typically I do not need 35 ft that is the standard so it has never bothered me.