Root de la Vega [SM-N900V KNOX 0x0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
Hey guys, I have a question. I restored back to factory and uprooted so I could sell my Note 3 (I Got A New One Through work) but after its restored and unrooted it still had the custom staid on boot. Is there any way to get rid of that?
You may have to re-root and use the Xposed module that erases Custom from the bootanimation, then Odin to stock again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gixxertriplezero

Aug 27, 2010
You may have to re-root and use the Xposed module that erases Custom from the bootanimation, then Odin to stock again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That would be a waste of time as odin wipes anything that exposed would do.. I had the same problem all I did was a facory reset in recovery, went through setup and checked device status then rebooted. Profit

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
Hey guys, I have a question. I restored back to factory and uprooted so I could sell my Note 3 (I Got A New One Through work) but after its restored and unrooted it still had the custom staid on boot. Is there any way to get rid of that?

If you restore from the correct ODIN files, all that goes away. woudl be no need to unroot. So that makes me wonder what you did.. If you did a factory reset, that won't get rid of it. Flash stock ODIN files and it will be like it came out of box.

theroo

Feb 10, 2009
Fairfield
Since I rooted every time I reset the phone I get a non Verizon aim message (phone still works) and these little green and red horizontal arrows next to the wife or 4G signal

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mypcool

Sep 2, 2011
thornhill
Bell

I'm sorry for asking, I'm sure that is clear somewhere but I can't find it clearly and i can't afford a $300 paper weight.

Does this work the bell version?

Thanks

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I'm sorry for asking, I'm sure that is clear somewhere but I can't find it clearly and i can't afford a $300 paper weight.

Does this work the bell version?

Thanks

It's my understanding that Canadian hardware and network have the most in common with AT&T variants. They always seem to lump AT&T, Bell, Rogers, Telus, & Virgin together in most things I've seen....for example, this Galaxy S4 forum: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att.

Can't say whether the same is true of the Note 3 but I'd be surprised if it weren't. I'd suggest searching / asking around in the AT&T Note 3 subsection here: http://xdaforums.com/note-3-att

MissyKoneko

Jan 8, 2013
Bleh
Hi all, I am about to get my Note3 but I am pretty scared of rooting, I have the Note2 for AT&T and I rooted it via Exynos Abuse, so it was easy, also my first time, but I am freaking out doing it like this because I have never done it like that. Ugh I just hope to do a good job! wish me luck :)

Rootuser3.0

May 18, 2011
Yea can't boot roms but I'm sure Hashcode will work it out he's on another level and a genius

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: mwebb34

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Reactions: jrbxx7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    E5qGyHm.jpg

Question & Answer

"Root de la Vega" What kind of name is that?
    It's named after Ralph de la Vega, CEO of AT&T Mobility.

Can you help me with the drivers?
    No, but you can head over here for help with drivers.

How do I get into download mode?
    Method 1: adb reboot download
    Method 2: Pull the battery out, unplug the usb cable, reinsert the battery. Hold Volume Down + Home + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

How was this root method accomplished?
    By hex editing the system image to call a script on the sdcard as root.

Will rooting or downgrading or flashing stock trip the Knox flags?
    No, KNOX flags will not be tripped!

Will root survive a factory reset?
    Yes, it does.

Do I need have to fully wipe my phone when rooting?
    Yes. If you don't you will get lots of nasty force closes. I have yet to find a way around it.

Does Xposed Framework work on a rooted Note 3?
    Yes, it has been updated to work fully with the Note 3.

Will rooting report system as custom and display an unlocked lock on the initial boot screen?
    Yes. It can be removed by installing Xposed Framework with Wanam Xposed and enabling Security hacks > Fake system status.

Titanium Backup is giving me problems, how can I fix it?
    Check out this thread. If you are still having issues, please take your concerns to the dev, they are not related to rooting.

How do I open a 7z file?
    With 7zip!

Can I do this on OS X/Linux?
    No, not until heimdall is updated to support the Note 3.

Can I unroot?
    Yes, use SuperSU full unroot option or flash stock.

How do I flash stock?
    Check out this thread.

I am getting a "Prevention Information" popup after running a root app, how do I disable it?
    From terminal emulator or adb shell as root, run; pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid
    Or freeze the Knox apps with Titanium Backup.
    Hey guys, just released a new tool for rooting. Now if a new firmware drops you won't have to wait for me to release something :)

Universal Root de la Vega

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498850
    Just a quick update...

DO NOTE TAKE OTA UPDATES OR UPDATE WITH STOCK ODIN FILES THAT CONTAIN BOOTLOADER UPDATES!!

They have caught on and are now checking the system.img.ext4!