Developers - Merging Your Working Device

Search This thread

Roladriz

Apr 5, 2010
Building toro if anyone is interested. I just did a quick run through tho. I'll look at the device tree for manta to see how the omni_build is completed as opposed to full_

ig8s.png

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
Where are the Omni-specific modifications of this i8150?

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009

Device Galaxy Wonder İ8150

Why do you all post identical links requesting the same device? From the sounds of things, it's not been made for omni, nor even tested...

I'm going to therefore guess this is some low end device, which probably can't even run modern versions of android, and that you think by posting it here, it will magically get supported. Unfortunately that's not how things work.

If someone wants to make it work, go ahead. Then test it. Then show us it works, and it will get added :)

TheAreS

Sep 9, 2013
Istanbul
Why do you all post identical links requesting the same device? From the sounds of things, it's not been made for omni, nor even tested...

I'm going to therefore guess this is some low end device, which probably can't even run modern versions of android, and that you think by posting it here, it will magically get supported. Unfortunately that's not how things work.

If someone wants to make it work, go ahead. Then test it. Then show us it works, and it will get added :)

Sorry for that. One Turhish forum say copy past this to this topic and say if we want new roms we need attract attention. So i can't read first topic i only copy paste. Agein sorry.

Last edited:

makkeonmies

Mar 9, 2012
Orimattila
Sorry for that. One Turhish forum say copy past this to this topic, if we want new roms we need attract attention. So i can't read first topic i only copy paste. Agein sorry.

well spamming exact same "copy/paste" here will only get you negative attention. asking once for support and perhaps adding word "please" to post could make someone to even think about building it for your device.

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Last edited:

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
I think something is going to need to be done about the fact that we have 3-4 different people working on JF variants, including each has their own variant of the common repos...

I cherry-picked chenxiaolong's commit to bringup the jf-common repo, and added 1 commit to rename cyanogen_jf_defconfig to omni_jf_defconfig, and 1 commit to include the CM init binary for the ramdisk from the 20131020 nightly, so that it didnt have to be done manually for my builds. not sure if that's the right way to go about that, but it works for now i guess

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
I think something is going to need to be done about the fact that we have 3-4 different people working on JF variants, including each has their own variant of the common repos...

I am guessing that the short term goal is to get omni working on as many devices as possible. The trees can be merged and refined later. Hopefully a "JF Team" can be established which should help resolve the issue.

Reactions: Gandalf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are a developer, and wish to have a device merged into Omni, here is the current "temporary" process to use. There are 2 ways to do this - make your tree available on github (or a similar service), or request a new git tree be created, and submit it to gerrit.

1) Get your device working. There's plenty of help available in #omnirom on Freenode if you need assistance. An AOSP device tree is probably the best place to get started.

2) Set up your device to use the OmniROM "custom" build type, rather than full/aosp. More information will follow on this step - check device/samsung/manta or device/lge/mako for an example.

3) Make your device tree available on github or a similar git service. Please retain authorship of an original tree (if you fork it from AOSP or another custom ROM)

4) Come to #omni on Freenode, and have a chat to one of the core developers (they are listed at the top of the user list) - they will be able to help you get your device merged :)

Please note, in order to add a new device, we will require a maintainer on an ongoing basis for it, to ensure someone is able to investigate bugs that users report on a device. Without this, we unfortunately cannot enable nightly builds for a device.
    Original Samsung Galaxy Note

Samsung n7000 initial bringup:

Modified CM n7000 device: https://github.com/chasmodo/android_device_samsung_n7000/tree/android-4.3

Modified CM galaxys2-common: https://github.com/chasmodo/android_device_samsung_galaxys2-common/tree/android-4.3

CM smdk4412 kernel: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412/tree/cm-10.2

Samsung proprietary stuff: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung/tree/cm-10.2

Samsung hardware tree untouched from OmniRom.

Device info:

Board platform - exynos4
    SOC - exynos4210
    Board name - smdk4210
    Kernel specifics - unified kernel and recovery

It compiles fine using the repos listed above, but throws up a kernel assert error when flashing the Rom. Several compilers for different devices complained about it in the 'All the answers' thread. The way out of this is to flash a CM10.2 kernel immediately after the Rom flash aborts, then Omni boots up fine.

What works:

1. telephony
    2. mms
    3. WiFi
    4. GPS

What doesn't work:

1. data
    2. bluetooth turns off as soon as you turn it on
    3. both sdcards are invisible from Android; all your stuff is there when you drop into recovery, though
    4. Settings/Storage FC when tapped - see #3
    5. Performance options also FC
    6. Notification drawer cannot be pulled down

Camera cannot be tested because it shuts down as soon as you start it, saying: "No external storage available" - again, see #3
    @XpLoDWilD:

For GalaxyR I9103(Tegra 2 Device)

Device source : https://github.com/karthik050782/android_device_samsung_i9103

Kernel Source : https://github.com/karthik050782/android_kernel_samsung_n1

Its working great, no major bugs, Here is the unofficial development & discussion thread

And I am fully available for the device support. Please let me know if any more information required..
    It's time to spread the Christmas cheer, and share with all a gift
    For now, today, we shall go merge, the repos in this list.
    We thank to thee, for porting these, and raising up the call
    So git init, and repo sync, we'll bring omni to all.

On behalf of everyone here at Omni, we wish you a happy Christmas.

I have started the process with xplod of getting all these devices merged :)