[ROM] Sprint 2.27.651.6 STOCK Deoxed + ODEX w/A2SD 2.7.5_pf4a |8/6/2010|

Search This thread

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Wow thanks I never even thought about clock speeds my phone runs great at 768 and that seems to be the only problem thus far so im thinking its either that or like c00ler said the gps module may not like the undervolt...well today is gonna be the day I finally try vUV2 710 with mem tweak and jit enabled

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
You probably got a freeze due to your high clock speeds. Try it again at a lower clock speed and it'll probably be better.

I've used the collen_ph tweak on 2.1 ROMs before, but it tends to slow things down a bit. As its truly meant for Froyo. But .it can be used in 2.1 though to answer your question. Good luck! :p

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Did it slow things down to the point of no use? Even at overclock speeds?

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Ok so I was just about to flash the vuv2 710 kernel but decided to check google maps one last time and its working fine ive opened and closed it numerous times doing various tasks in between I didn't do anything different other than restart my phone and charge it my batteryis at 80% now and was dying or close to it last night when I tried so maybe it has to something to do with the battery levels?

craig198

Account currently disabled
Aug 14, 2009
Usa
cutt.ly
latest rom (odexed) and Jit disabled because of random reboots. Im getting alot of force close messages. oh and Im running whatever kernal you linked in the first post. maybe its a mhz issue?

oldjackbob

Jun 5, 2010
Ok so I was just about to flash the vuv2 710 kernel but decided to check google maps one last time and its working fine ive opened and closed it numerous times doing various tasks in between I didn't do anything different other than restart my phone and charge it my batteryis at 80% now and was dying or close to it last night when I tried so maybe it has to something to do with the battery levels?
The reboot alone might've fixed the problem. Sometimes a reboot is just what's needed...I've never understood it, but I've seen it. ;)

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
latest rom (odexed) and Jit disabled because of random reboots. Im getting alot of force close messages. oh and Im running whatever kernal you linked in the first post. maybe its a mhz issue?

For me force close errors disappear after wiping dalvik. Maybe I'm lucky but I think i'm 3/3 for getting them solved.

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
The reboot alone might've fixed the problem. Sometimes a reboot is just what's needed...I've never understood it, but I've seen it. ;)

I be'll sure to remember that...i finally tried vuv2 710 mem tweak with jit enabled and just kept getting lockups and would have to pull the battery so I'm back to 768 for know im actually pretty happy with my phone at that speed but I love how smooth and snappy my phone is with jit enabled so I'm gonna try it again using the v4 691 kernel with mem tweak...thanks for all your help guys

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Ok so I just want to let everyone kno that this rom + zenkernel = perfection!

I just flashed the zenkernel over the vuv2 768 with mem tweak kernel and all my settings stuck and I have no lock screen lag or any other lag what so ever and so far everything seems to be working fine...just wanted to let everyone kno so you could give it try yourself and always remember NANDROID first!

Outer Marker

Jun 30, 2010
Did we ever get a solution to the force close ODADM.apk when trying to update the phone profile/prl etc.? Is there a new version of this apk that I should flash?

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
I just ran the prl update just fine I'm currently on the latest prl though so it didn't change anything, maybe you should try flashing the rom again?

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Did we ever get a solution to the force close ODADM.apk when trying to update the phone profile/prl etc.? Is there a new version of this apk that I should flash?

I dont think we ever found a solution..
But somehow even after getting ODADM.apk force closes, my PRL updated without me knowing... I recently noticed I'm at 60669 when I was previously at 60668.

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Ok so I just want to let everyone kno that this rom + zenkernel = perfection!

I just flashed the zenkernel over the vuv2 768 with mem tweak kernel and all my settings stuck and I have no lock screen lag or any other lag what so ever and so far everything seems to be working fine...just wanted to let everyone kno so you could give it try yourself and always remember NANDROID first!

I also tried ZenKernel.. specifically "ZenKernel-HTC-08122010 no perf lock" and can confirm that lock screen lag is gone :)
Added bonus: Nesoid and SNesoid now run with much, much less lag

cephraim

Jun 4, 2010
I also tried ZenKernel.. specifically "ZenKernel-HTC-08122010 no perf lock" and can confirm that lock screen lag is gone :)
Added bonus: Nesoid and SNesoid now run with much, much less lag

How's the battery with this combo?
Also, I assume that when you use the VUV2 kernel w/memtweak, you can't run autokiller, right?
And, may I assume you're using the standard vuv2 kernel, not the Honeybun one?

Thanks!

Last edited:

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Also, I assume that when you use the VUV2 kernel w/memtweak, you can't run autokiller, right?

Thanks!

Yes, I believe if you're using any of the kernels w/ memory management, you should not use AutoKiller in addition.
I was using standard vUV2 (the one for nfinitefx, fresh, etc), not the Honeybun one.

As for battery life, I will have to test today, as I just flashed it last night.

Another bonus: no more audio pop when starting music!

cephraim

Jun 4, 2010
Wireless Tether

I just tried Wireless Tether for Root for the first time in a long time.
I'm getting an error loading wlan.ko

Any ideas?

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010

Thanks!

The battery is great! I spoke with zen and it uses the exact same under volt as the darch kernel vuv2...i flashed this over the vuv2 768 kernel with mem tweak and all settings stuck (over clock and mem tweak) so there is no need for auto killer...and no do not use the honey bun kernel if your not using a honey bun rom...as for wireless tether my laptop got stolen so I've yet to try it hope I helped some

Last edited:

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
The battery is great! I spoke with zen and it uses the exact same under volt as the darch kernel vuv2...i flashed this over the vuv2 768 kernel with mem tweak and all settings stuck (over clock and mem tweak) so there is no need for auto killer...and no do not use the honey bun kernel if your not using a honey bun rom...as for wireless tether my laptop got stolen so I've yet to try it hope I helped some

Yep this is actually the best battery life I've ever had, as good or better than back when I was using vUV2 + JuiceDefender.
I don't know about the average user here, but this might be the best for me:
14h since last unplugged
22.5 hrs up time, 1.5 hrs awake time, moderate usage, 62% left

I don't know if it matters but I did run module remover before flashing ZenKernel

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Yep this is actually the best battery life I've ever had, as good or better than back when I was using vUV2 + JuiceDefender.
I don't know about the average user here, but this might be the best for me:
14h since last unplugged
22.5 hrs up time, 1.5 hrs awake time, moderate usage, 62% left

I don't know if it matters but I did run module remover before flashing ZenKernel

Zen said there was no need to run the module remover and the only reason I was skeptical to run it in the first place is cuz I thought it might remove my over clock and mem tweak settings...did your settings stick?

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Zen said there was no need to run the module remover and the only reason I was skeptical to run it in the first place is cuz I thought it might remove my over clock and mem tweak settings...did your settings stick?

I never used vUV with mem tweak/management, and I use SetCPU to customize overclock speeds. So, this wasn't an issue for me.

chromiumleaf

May 20, 2010
Austin, TX
...And, may I assume you're using the standard vuv2 kernel, not the Honeybun one?

...no do not use the honey bun kernel if your not using a honey bun rom...

Just wanted to clarify that the Honeybun kernel DOES work with this ROM. I know this for a fact because I have used a couple different versions of it and haven't experienced any troubles/problems at all. Obviously the one specifically compiled for nfinitefx ROMs would be the better kernel to use, but the Honeybun kernel does work also.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wiped dalvik after flashing and still no luck. Doing this method for both kernels I mentioned in previous post and both never got past the HTC screen, given 5-7 minutes for each. Again backed up to prev nandroid+ext backup.

So could it really just be my chipset? What about the recovery I am using, which is 1.5.2 (not the 1.6.2)?

Your recovery has nothing to do with whether or not your phone can run an OC kernel. Using v1.5.2 is fine -- I still am using it myself.

As much as this might suck for you, it likely is just the chipset of your particular phone that doesn't like or can't handle an OC kernel. A previous suggestion of removing the back battery cover could help you boot up, but that probably isn't guaranteed to work every time and I think you'd find that most reboots will still be an annoying process of trial and error and crossing your fingers.

One very stable ROM running on an older more stable OC kernel is the ZenEXP ROM. You may try that and see if your phone likes that one. But it's not Sprint-based so it lacks a lot of the stock Sprint stuff that this and other Sprint-based ROMs have.

(Sorry for promoting another ROM in this thread. Just offering a helpful suggestion for our friend here, not intending to hijack.)
    Re: [ROM] Sprint 2.27.651.6 STOCK Deoxed w/apps2sd 6/15/2010

I copied the OMADM.adk file to my tools directory in the android-sdk folder and then ran

adb remount
    adb push OMADM.apk /system/app/OMADM.apk

Do you have to reboot after wards, I am still at 60664

That just pushes the apk to ur phone. U still have to run the prl, pri, update through ur phone found in the about phone tab in settings.
    -------------------------------------
    Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App