New Droid HD

Search This thread

siloner

Jun 29, 2011
Chicago
A friend sent these pictures of the new Droid HD. His friend is an engineer for Motorola and gave him the phone to try out. didn't know where to post these but just wanted to share.
d03624ab-1dcd-770f.jpg

d03624ab-13d5-e7db.jpg

d03624ab-13e8-0f88.jpg

d03624ab-13f7-ffef.jpg

Sent from my Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2.5 using xda premium

Last edited:

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
A friend sent these pictures of the new Droid HD. His friend is an engineer for Motorola and gave him the phone to try out. didn't know where to post these but just wanted to share.

Very nice - looks like a nice bit of kit, but some specs would be useful.

Also might be worth blurring out the identifying information - such as the IMEI sticker - before your friend's friend loses his job.

siloner

Jun 29, 2011
Chicago
Pic has been edited.....

That's all I was able to get. he's not much of a phone guy. I had to tell him how to get the about phone info. I'll see if he still has it. Anything in particular you want to know?

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
If he's still got it then I guess run standard benchmark tests and try to get an output of the specs for processor, GPU, memory, screen res - and whether it's got external storage, removable battery etc.

Basically all the stuff that you'd want to know if you were looking at buying one :D

MissionImprobable

Dec 20, 2011
Glad they're embracing the soft keys. Still leery because of the locked bootloader that will surely accompany this, but at least Moto is back to making the Droid a respectable line-up.

siloner

Jun 29, 2011
Chicago
well the phone wasn't my friends. Its his coworkers who got it from the engineer. Says you can't take out the battery, HD (duh), fast, and 8MP camera. As for the storage, im not quite sure what he tried explaining but said something about the sim card slot looks like it can hold both sim and sd card.
The guy isn't at work so he's gonna try to check it out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: SimonTS

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
well the phone wasn't my friends. Its his coworkers who got it from the engineer. Says you can't take out the battery, HD (duh), fast, and 8MP camera. As for the storage, im not quite sure what he tried explaining but said something about the sim card slot looks like it can hold both sim and sd card.

SD and SIM? What? What if you want both? Is it a dual slot or only one?

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
d03624ab-1dcd-770f.jpg

d03624ab-13d5-e7db.jpg

d03624ab-13e8-0f88.jpg

d03624ab-13f7-ffef.jpg

thanx!

does it say "T-Mobile" on the third pic, .. upper-left corner? ... is this not only for Verizon?

edit: nvm saw the Vodafone, that is the international version, .. so this is not Droid, .. its motorola razr hd / vanquish , cuz droid is only for Verizon, .. correct?

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
thanx!

does it say "T-Mobile" on the third pic, .. upper-left corner? ... is this not only for Verizon?

edit: nvm saw the Vodafone, that is the international version, .. so this is not Droid, .. its motorola razr hd / vanquish , cuz droid is only for Verizon, .. correct?

Dude - did you really need to quote the whole OP including pictures? :eek:

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
Dude - did you really need to quote the whole OP including pictures? :eek:

pretty much yeah, .. as i was referring to the third pic, when people see my post they can just look at my post to see the pic instead of going all the way to the first post, ... yeah i could have only quoted the third pic, .. but meh.

back to topic, .. does the cover seem pre-production ? with the holes and everything? personally i think the previous leaked image back cover looked much cooler

p22pv.jpg

Razr-hd-leak.jpg

or maybe the Verizon will have a different back cover? .. hmm

Last edited:

siloner

Jun 29, 2011
Chicago
don't know much about Motorola but I googled the model number and Droid HD were the results I got.

Reactions: irkan

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
don't know much about Motorola but I googled the model number and Droid HD were the results I got.

thanx for sharing the stuff!

Can you ask him about the RAM? wither its 1GB or 2? and it would be really awesome if he can provide a guesstimate of a release date!

siloner

Jun 29, 2011
Chicago
SD and SIM? What? What if you want both? Is it a dual slot or only one?

From what he tried explaining, he thinks dual but didn't pay attention. A for ram, he's gonna check out the specks when he gets ahold of it again

Edit: just spoke to him a bit better (lunch breaks). Says it's a dual port. Also said it "has 2 USB Ports but one looks a bit different" I'm thinking mini hdmi?
He owns a 4s and said it doesn't come close to it. He's already planning on switching carriers when that phone is released. Dont know when though

Last edited:

ralph9994

Jun 29, 2010
i think this is a vodafone/verzion deal.

the droid razer HD for Verizon.
and then the Motorola Razer HD for Vodafone.

(since vodafone owns 45% of verizon wireless)

he was able to put a t-mobile sim in cause it still a developers version. (i guess)

sy0120

Feb 4, 2012
Can you tell me how thin is it? Also a full front pic would be nice to see the bezel. I'm almost guaranteed that is not the kevlar pattern for the Verizon version

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    d03624ab-1dcd-770f.jpg

d03624ab-13d5-e7db.jpg

d03624ab-13e8-0f88.jpg

d03624ab-13f7-ffef.jpg

d03624ab-13e8-0f88.jpg

See the System Version? and model number?
    what i meant is
    We’ve gotten a bit of information on some upcoming Motorola devices, including a pair of LTE-capable, Ice Cream Sandwich-powered handsets for Verizon and AT&T. First is the Motorola Vanquish, which will be sold worldwide, and which has already been spotted in some EXIF data going by the name Droid RAZR HD for Verizon. As its name suggests, this will be the first high definition model in the Droid range, sporting a 1280 x 720 pixel display. Vanquish is coming to Verizon under model number XT926, to China as XT922 and XT980, and globally as the XT923 (UMTS) and XT925 (LTE).

source

they are the same device but for different markets, ... almost all the specs will be identical, .. except for the radios probably.
    Motorola Droid Razr HD
    13MEGAPIXEL
    2530MAH
    8.4MM
    FULL KEVLAR
    SNAPDRAGON S4 DUAL CORE IN USA
    A 4.6INCH COLOURBOOST DISPLAY
    FULL HD 1080P WITH CONTINUOUS AF
    4G LTE VERIZON

but in International version only 8megapixel