FORUMS

[GUIDE] Back up DRM Keys & unlock/relock Bootloader (Noob proof)

1,534 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,161

By zxz0O0, Senior Member on 9th February 2014, 01:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st March 2014, 11:19 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

Check out the first post, it's answered there under 'Questions'

I'm really sure I turned on debugging and I'm pretty sure I checked the right boxes..... but I'm headed back to Step 9 to do it right. Thank you.
2nd March 2014, 01:44 AM |#92  
Flag Winterthur
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Ok so now I get the error in recovery, that it's unable to mount system etc? I thought in the last flash I have to exclude system(check)?

Edit: I can't mount anything, wtf? I unchecked under wipe all and excluded system under step 15. Maybe I am doing something wrong at step 16?
2nd March 2014, 01:56 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL7

I'm really sure I turned on debugging and I'm pretty sure I checked the right boxes..... but I'm headed back to Step 9 to do it right. Thank you.

It took two more tries beginning at #9 to get there, but finally done. Thanks again.
2nd March 2014, 03:48 AM |#94  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,767

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHands

Ok so now I get the error in recovery, that it's unable to mount system etc? I thought in the last flash I have to exclude system(check)?

Edit: I can't mount anything, wtf? I unchecked under wipe all and excluded system under step 15. Maybe I am doing something wrong at step 16?

Just ignore the message and proceed since you'll be wiping system partition and replace it anyways. What's important on that step is you manage to install the recovery partition
2nd March 2014, 04:39 AM |#95  
Flag Winterthur
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal

On step 13. Did you manage to successfully root your device with Run Z1C-lockeddualrecovery(...)installer.zip? If so then your system partition should be intact.

Regardless just ignore the message and proceed since you'll be wiping system partition and replace it anyways.

Problem is it won't mount anything even int. sdcard

It says root successful and it goes on about something like it booted into cwm and it should restart to clean itself up. After that I resume with the next step. It's the 5th time I now tried.

Offtopic: why are the xperia system sounds gone with EU 4.3 firmwares? On NTT DoCo firmware it's not the case

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Holy smokes! I finally figured it out.

While in Recovery I had to flash lockeddualrecovery before anything else so partitions would be restored properly, then reboot and repeat step 19
2nd March 2014, 10:36 AM |#96  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,767

Donate to Me
More
lol! Gratz then haha! After alot of attempts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHands

Problem is it won't mount anything even int. sdcard

It says root successful and it goes on about something like it booted into cwm and it should restart to clean itself up. After that I resume with the next step. It's the 5th time I now tried.

Offtopic: why are the xperia system sounds gone with EU 4.3 firmwares? On NTT DoCo firmware it's not the case

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Holy smokes! I finally figured it out.

While in Recovery I had to flash lockeddualrecovery before anything else so partitions would be restored properly, then reboot and repeat step 19

The Following User Says Thank You to Riyal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Riyal Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 07:20 PM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
Im selling my z1c and just restored my TA backup . How can i tell everything went ok ? Is it possible to see if bootloader is locked again and DRM keys are restored ? Sorry , im Sony noob
2nd March 2014, 08:12 PM |#98  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zat0x

Im selling my z1c and just restored my TA backup . How can i tell everything went ok ? Is it possible to see if bootloader is locked again and DRM keys are restored ? Sorry , im Sony noob

Type in phone *#*#7378423#*#* and go to Service Info => Configuration. If bootloader is unlocked it will say: "Bootloader unlocked: Yes".
The Following User Says Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zxz0O0 Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 08:21 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

Type in phone *#*#7378423#*#* and go to Service Info => Configuration. If bootloader is unlocked it will say: "Bootloader unlocked: Yes".

The only thing i could find at Service Info => Configuration is this :

Rooting status :

Bootloader unlock allowed :Yes

It is allowed but it says nothing about the current status right ? Because i read somewhere (cant find it back) that before rooting / unlocking bootloader always check the service menu to see the phone is allowed to do.
2nd March 2014, 08:23 PM |#100  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zat0x

The only thing i could find at Service Info => Configuration is this :

Rooting status :

Bootloader unlock allowed :Yes

It is allowed but it says nothing about the current status right ?

That means the bootloader is locked but unlock is allowed
The Following User Says Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zxz0O0 Ad-Free
3rd March 2014, 09:51 PM |#101  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Houston we got a problem,i am stuck at the 15 step couse i can't download this file Flash D5503_14.2.A.1.114_Generic UK.ftf ,the server id down
Can somebody please reupload this file or give me another link,thank you verry much

ps. My phone is dead till i get that file

Ok,i found everything on another place,was without phone for hours,if anyone neeeds till main server comse online go to http://translate.google.rs/translate...80%26bih%3D878

The only strange thing is...i have duocom leftovers and i'am rooted,is that normal that i have duocom apps ? Tnx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)