FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GT-I9070] [ROOT] Rooting your Galaxy S Advance without increasing the Binary Counter

403 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,071

By diego-ch, Senior Member on 11th November 2012, 01:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th March 2013, 05:27 PM |#571  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,582

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawalmaulin

I nearly understand what you said. I downloaded my firmware from sammobile.com. I am using DDLK2. But I found only 2 files among 1 is with MD5 extension and the 2nd one is .DLL file. There are not 2 files as u stated. Now please help which odin version should I use in order to root my phone. 2nd thing do I need to flash custom kernel before I flash JB custom rom? and 1 more thing sir, I could not find Clockworkmode anywhere through which I can take a backup of my device first if anything goes wrong in whole process. So, Please tell me as earlier I was using S5360, S6802 model in which I have rooted the phone in no time just flashed 1 update.zip file & done. But this time for this phone I am confused by reading lots theareds and different posts and have downloaded many files and tried to do but everytime I failed to root my phone. you can give me ans in few words i will try to understand. Currently I am using 16 GB model S advance i9070 firmware DDLK2. What should first step to root the device? what should 2nd step for new rom installation I mean by need to flash kernel first or just go to recovery mode & flash the zip file which contain rom? and last Clockworkmode recovery.
Thanks in advance.

Huh, where to start.

Thing about this is that you flash your fimware from this thread. All of those are with root. And you probably do not have your version, because it is updated, and this projec ti abandoned when we got JB. So what do you want? Rooted GB, or Rooted JB? If you want rooted JB use this: 1. Install JB, 2. Root it. You do not need rooted GB for that.

If you want to root GB do this. For kernel in step 10. read my post.

For Clockworkmode recovery you need to install some of custom kernels, because CWM and kernel is on the same partition in this phone. Any of JB custom kernels have it. And on GB we have TWRP, no CWM.

If you have any further qestions, ask.

P.S. JB root method do not increase binary counter. It is the same as on your previuos phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shut_down Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 05:04 AM |#572  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Done as you said but still req. help
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

Huh, where to start.

Thing about this is that you flash your fimware from this thread. All of those are with root. And you probably do not have your version, because it is updated, and this projec ti abandoned when we got JB. So what do you want? Rooted GB, or Rooted JB? If you want rooted JB use this: 1. Install JB, 2. Root it. You do not need rooted GB for that.

If you want to root GB do this. For kernel in step 10. read my post.

For Clockworkmode recovery you need to install some of custom kernels, because CWM and kernel is on the same partition in this phone. Any of JB custom kernels have it. And on GB we have TWRP, no CWM.

If you have any further qestions, ask.

P.S. JB root method do not increase binary counter. It is the same as on your previuos phone.

First of all thanks a lot for the prompt reply. I done it. I installed JB. Base band version I9070XXLPZ . Kernel version is 3.0.31-660490 [email protected] #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Dec 22 15:11:36 KST 2012. Build Number JZO54K.I9070XXLPZ.

Now the thing is it has increased the ram to may 100 MB+. But the phone has become slow in responding. The buttersmoothness is not there. I run Temple run 2 to see its performance but it lags. The bettery was drain after use of 7 hours normal usage. So, I want to know If you have done something for this problem. I have rooted the phone. Please suggest something for the best performance in terms of speed of the phone and battery performance.

Thanks
12th March 2013, 05:37 AM |#573  
Flag Pazin
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Re: [GT-I9070] [ROOT] Rooting your Galaxy S Advance without increasing the Binary Cou
@rawalmaulin

Install some other kernel and rom. I recommend CoCore 4.4 + Chuckybean.

Sent from my GT-I9070
12th March 2013, 05:49 AM |#574  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Reg. CoCore 4.4 + Chuckybean
Quote:
Originally Posted by frzek

@rawalmaulin

Install some other kernel and rom. I recommend CoCore 4.4 + Chuckybean.

Sent from my GT-I9070

Ok. I found CoCore 4.4 kernel. And Chucky bean rom also from here. But can you please tell me how to flash it. I mean first of all I flash rom or kernel. And one more thing how to flash it. through ODIN? because I have flashed the XXLPZ rom from ODIN. I could not find the clockworkmode anywhere.
12th March 2013, 08:11 AM |#575  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1,084

Donate to Me
More
Re: [GT-I9070] [ROOT] Rooting your Galaxy S Advance without increasing the Binary Cou
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawalmaulin

Ok. I found CoCore 4.4 kernel. And Chucky bean rom also from here. But can you please tell me how to flash it. I mean first of all I flash rom or kernel. And one more thing how to flash it. through ODIN? because I have flashed the XXLPZ rom from ODIN. I could not find the clockworkmode anywhere.

You must to flash kernel first to get CWM or TWRP (recovery is on same partition and must to be included in kernel) I recomand CoCore 4.4

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
14th March 2013, 03:30 PM |#576  
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[QUOTE=fluffi444;35405132]http://ul.to/g74m45vf
I9070DDLK2_I9070ODDLJ1_INU_ROOTED_SUPERSU

Here you are... Pls report.[COLOR="Silver"]

Sir - can i use the above Firmware (i guess it rooted) on the phone specifications as below:

I9070
PDA - I9070DDLK2
CSC - I9070ODDLJ1
Modem - I9070DDLK2

I need to download this file, extract it, follow the steps as in the 1st post by Diego ? Kindly confirm, very novice at this....
14th March 2013, 03:45 PM |#577  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Thumbs up
[QUOTE=vidyamit;39131034]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffi444

http://ul.to/g74m45vf
I9070DDLK2_I9070ODDLJ1_INU_ROOTED_SUPERSU

Here you are... Pls report.[COLOR="Silver"]

Sir - can i use the above Firmware (i guess it rooted) on the phone specifications as below:

I9070
PDA - I9070DDLK2
CSC - I9070ODDLJ1
Modem - I9070DDLK2

I need to download this file, extract it, follow the steps as in the 1st post by Diego ? Kindly confirm, very novice at this....

It will work if you follow the exact steps. Just do not unplug the phone until you see the message "Pass" on screen.
And use the latest version. And sorry I told you I have 3.07, I have 1.87.
The Following User Says Thank You to NHS2008 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NHS2008 Ad-Free
14th March 2013, 05:26 PM |#578  
Flag bangalore

More
[QUOTE=NHS2008;39131550]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyamit

It will work if you follow the exact steps. Just do not unplug the phone until you see the message "Pass" on screen.
And use the latest version. And sorry I told you I have 3.07, I have 1.87.

Ok - i will use ODIN 3.04 version

But i already messed my phone... i will need to flash the original FW 1st. i have downloaded the same from SAMMOBILE. how do i ODIN it. I extracted it thru 7zip and got a few files
cache.img.md5
hidden.img.md5
kernel.bin.md5
modem.bin.md5
power_management.bin.md5
system.img.md5
which file do i flash in ODIN and in which option (i mean PIT / PDA / CSC /Phone)
or do i need to flash the original download I9070DDLK2_I9070ODDLJ1_HOME.tar.md5 - and which option do i need to flash it in (PIT / PDA / CSC /Phone)
do i need to do any reset or anything before flashing the original FW? pls let me know...
14th March 2013, 06:04 PM |#579  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,582

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=vidyamit;39134917]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHS2008

But i already messed my phone... i will need to flash the original FW 1st. i have downloaded the same from SAMMOBILE. how do i ODIN it. I extracted it thru 7zip and got a few files
cache.img.md5
hidden.img.md5
kernel.bin.md5
modem.bin.md5
power_management.bin.md5
system.img.md5
which file do i flash in ODIN and in which option (i mean PIT / PDA / CSC /Phone)
or do i need to flash the original download I9070DDLK2_I9070ODDLJ1_HOME.tar.md5 - and which option do i need to flash it in (PIT / PDA / CSC /Phone)
do i need to do any reset or anything before flashing the original FW? pls let me know...

In PDA you put unpacked. It should be in .*tar.md5 extension (this: I9070DDLK2_I9070ODDLJ1_HOME.tar.md5). Do not unpack it more. One step before this what you got.

You can do factory reset after, but if everything works fine you do not have to.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shut_down Ad-Free
King ov Hell
14th March 2013, 06:06 PM |#580  

More
[QUOTE=vidyamit;39134917]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHS2008

cache.img.md5
hidden.img.md5
kernel.bin.md5
modem.bin.md5
power_management.bin.md5
system.img.md5

Put JUST I9070DDLK2_I9070ODDLJ1_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA.Do not check re-partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
15th March 2013, 09:40 AM |#581  
Flag bangalore

More
[QUOTE=Darkness and Hope;39136367]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyamit

Put JUST I9070DDLK2_I9070ODDLJ1_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA.Do not check re-partition.

Thank you for the reply.

Oe snag now, I am unable to open / run Odin version 3.04 (error tmax.dll not found), but Odin 1.83 woks like a charm. Can I use this version to flash the original FW and then use the same Odin to flash the prerooted FW. Kindly let me know.

I am all set to root my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
diego-ch, galaxy s advance, i9070, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)