FORUMS

[Q] HELP! bircked note

143 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By darkelfa2, Senior Member on 29th September 2012, 04:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello everyone
my friend bricked his note and i don't know what to do for him, my friend has no exper experience, he did a restore on a nonsafe kernel
his phone is semi bricked (if not fully bricked), i tried using odin to flash a stock rom (gb then ics) but had no luck and proccess stops at "NAND write start", i tried only to flash a kernel which was abyssnote but also got stuck on "NAND write start" and i tried to use the pit file from this post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1667886) with a stock rom and with re-partition checked on odin and now it is stuck on:
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

please help me as the phone has been stuck on this state (pit file way) for over 80 minutes
waiting for your answer...
29th September 2012, 05:17 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
amman
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
i unpluged my phone now and i am trying a custom pit file (N7000_16GB_Q1_20110914--patched--brick-between-281-and-3770-MB--FACTORYFS-moved-by-3328-MiB.pit) after leaving my phone for up to 2 hours and with no progress using N7000_16GB_Q1_20110914-stock.pit
file, hope i can revive my friend phone and please try to point me for any solution i can try.
29th September 2012, 05:22 PM |#3  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 571
 
More
Check your connection. Usually if bricked the process will start ok but halt at factory.fs. Try with a different usb cable, make sure it's in a mobo usb port not front one.

Pit files should be a last resort. I don't think it's bricked personally. Does it power on at all?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
29th September 2012, 05:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
amman
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks

Check your connection. Usually if bricked the process will start ok but halt at factory.fs. Try with a different usb cable, make sure it's in a mobo usb port not front one.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

how can i use mobie odin if i can't even access phone nor recovery?
hope there is a way
29th September 2012, 05:28 PM |#5  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 571
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelfa2

how can i use mobie odin if i can't even access phone nor recovery?
hope there is a way

Yeah, edited afterward.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
29th September 2012, 05:33 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
amman
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
come on people... there most be someone who knows what i should do, please help
29th September 2012, 05:59 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
amman
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks

Check your connection. Usually if bricked the process will start ok but halt at factory.fs. Try with a different usb cable, make sure it's in a mobo usb port not front one.

Pit files should be a last resort. I don't think it's bricked personally. Does it power on at all?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

when odin get stuck on nand write start, the box above the port number with yellow mark says factoryfs, and yes the phone can olny boot to download mode
29th September 2012, 06:03 PM |#8  
forest1971's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelfa2

when odin get stuck on nand write start, the box above the port number with yellow mark says factoryfs, and yes the phone can olny boot to download mode

What is the outcome of flashing the "N7000_16GB_Q1_20110914--patched--brick-between-281-and-3770-MB--FACTORYFS-moved-by-3328-MiB.pit" as you mentioned above?

If you can also get into recovery, then better try to use hg42 partition scanner first, to see if and where the damage is in the emmc.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1823918
29th September 2012, 06:10 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
amman
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest1971

What is the outcome of flashing the "N7000_16GB_Q1_20110914--patched--brick-between-281-and-3770-MB--FACTORYFS-moved-by-3328-MiB.pit" as you mentioned above?

If you can also get into recovery, then better try to use hg42 partition scanner first, to see if and where the damage is in the emmc.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1823918

phone been on odin for about 40 minutes or so (is that normal?) but stuck on set partition and as i mentioned above, i cant access my phone nor recovery but i can access download mode.
29th September 2012, 06:29 PM |#10  
forest1971's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelfa2

phone been on odin for about 40 minutes or so (is that norma?l) but stuck on set partition and as i mentioned above, i cant access my phone nor recovery but i can access download mode.

If that long, then that pit doesn't seem to work.

I would try to flash a custom kernel such as hydracore or some other kernel that are available in .tar format. Then see if it help the phone get into recovery.

If that does not work, then just need to try other pit file from hg42 thread which move factoryfs by bigger number until it work. This is not a good strategy but it seems to be the only way.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

This is a gb kernel that can be flashed via odin to see if recovery works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?smwswkxwa3u3p4s
29th September 2012, 06:43 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
amman
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest1971

If that long, then that pit doesn't seem to work.

I would try to flash a custom kernel such as hydracore or some other kernel that are available in .tar format. Then see if it help the phone get into recovery.

If that does not work, then just need to try other pit file from hg42 thread which move factoryfs by bigger number until it work. This is not a good strategy but it seems to be the only way.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

This is a gb kernel that can be flashed via odin to see if recovery works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?smwswkxwa3u3p4s

i got stuck on NAND write start agine, i think its time to try your other strategy, should i go with pit file that has factoryfs moved by the largest number first or the one with the less number?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes