Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kickface

Feb 18, 2011
Sydney
joshmerriman.tumblr.com
This tool is a lifesaver.

I currently own a Huawei Ideos U8150 (the unbranded worldwide version of the US's Tmobile Comet), and have had it rooted permanently since Christmas, and it works like a charm. I've also tried a temporary root, which also works flawlessly.
I've run many root apps from the market, rebooted under new ROMs, and even executed su in a terminal to make sure it all works. Flawlessly. Great job, bro!

I guess since the Ideos U8150 and the Comet are the exact same phone with different branding, I guess they can be put in the compatibility list.

And if it helps, I'm just running a vanilla 2.2 ROM shipped with the phone, and no other mods (besides rooting of course). I've also booted up several different ROMs custom-built for the U8150, and they all work - except one of quail's ROMs was glitching, but that was a problem with the Gingerbread keyboard, which is now removed.

Last edited:

cinamon1

Dec 16, 2009
hangs (vibrates) while acquiring root shell

I have updated Samsung Galaxy S (not rooted) today via Kies to firmware version:

(check this with phone dial *#1234#)
PDA: I9000XWJS5
PHONE: I9000XXJPY
CSC: I9000XENJS3
Build Info : 2011.01

(By the way, this update alone had fixed severe lags in Astrid GTD application already.)

But after installing and running z4root.1.3.0.apk (downloaded via Chip.de), device hangs (vibrates) during "Acquiring root shell...".
Within applications, click on z4root icon, yields vibration and error message:
"process com.z4mod.z4root has stopped unexpectedly" (translated from Dutch)

Update:
Same fail with Z4root v1.3.1.apk that I have found at noeman.org forum, subject gsm, android-applications, 169003-z4root-v1-2-1-v1-3-1, post 676401 (sorry, not allowed to link to external pages, yet)
I have tried several reboots, too

Last edited:

The Realone

Feb 11, 2011
Raleigh
Same problem with my SE Xperia X10. Used to work perfectly. Now the SE software prompted me of an update so I did.

It got updated to baseband 2.1.54 and build number 2.1.A.0.435. Not an expert here so if you need more info let me know.

Stuck on Running exploit in order to obtain root access...

MOZZIEGEMA

Jan 31, 2011
is it the same thing if we use: com.z4mod.z4root-2.apk bcuz when i try to download from the link u have it says content isn't supported on my phone Huawei Ascend M860... I also tried checking the market bcuz I was told I can find it there sometimes, nothing. I just really want to be able to get internet from my phone to my laptop and I found out I need to root my phone so I just want to get started... :) thnx 4 sharing ur knowledge n wisdom i love u 4 it, lol

NVM I got it:D... but now I do connect, I have access to the web... but it's so slow:(... do I have to change settings, if so which ones. I downloaded barnacle wifi tether, superuser, z4root, titanium backup ALL in order to get internet from my phn to my laptop:p... IDK if I needed all that but I was following directions;). I want to be able to view web pages on my laptop without having to wait forever for them to load. :confused: Pls somebody help PM me?

uncle ruckus

Dec 20, 2010
I have a fascinate and I z4 works up until the screen goes white and it force closes. I dont currently have a pc this was my only hope... Side note I do have usb debugg checked.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

nimoy.star

Dec 23, 2010
hello , just want to say its not working
with my sgs I9000 2.2.1 I9000XXJPY
kernel v. root@sep-51 #1

any news about new version ?
thx

sickboy1

Aug 28, 2010
Den haag
Hi all
Ok this is not the first time some on has said what im going to say
first i ve bean busy trying to root my phone with the Ryan's mod which indeed dose work very well, that's for sure
The only thing i have a problem with is that this dose not work on mine & my misses galaxy i9000
I have done all that is need to be done but for some reason its not working
We have the firmware 2.2.1 installed on our samsungs

Base band
I9000XXJPY

Kernel

root@DELL105#1

Build number
FROYO.XWJS5

Oh i should mention that i installed the mod on the samsung tab and it worked flawlessly
yes it works but not on our 2.2.1
If you could help a us we out would very much appreciated
Thanks in advance ;)

Oh the OCLF also dose not work mmm

Last edited:

wiederj

Dec 24, 2010
Don't forget to check on latest OS release

Z4 is kind of fussy. When Z4 opened on my Droid 2 Global (fresh from the factory), it would not recognize that USB debugging had been turned on (even though it was checked in settings).

After several failed attempts to root (including a hang), I checked to see if I had the latest OS and discovered that 2.4.330.A956 was available.

Z4 rooted my Droid beautifully after the new OS was installed.

scorpserpent

Jun 15, 2010
HELP!

somehow when i run Z4root, it just goes out in the middle of the rooting then my phone will be super sluggish.
what went wrong?
please help

MikesTooLz

Dec 6, 2010
I have used this on my Optimus M and it worked great.

However now I have a new Samaung Galaxy Indulge. When trying to root it just sits on waiting for root shell with the little activity indicator spinning. Sometimes it crashs, sometimes it doesnt and the phone just gets sluggish and vibrates every few seconds.

I have tried both this and SuperOneClick, not sure witch one did it but the superuser app was successfully placed in system/apps/ however it doesnt load complaining that it doesnt have root access.

Morantz

Feb 13, 2011
Has a fix for Sprint Samsung Tabs been made available yet? Was an update from Sprint this week, and now I'm not rooted and can't re-root....

Ready to send it back to Sprint and get one from t-mobile....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Froyo is a bit of a pain to root! Well, this fixes that.

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install from the market or by side loading, that has a single button that will root your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

[size=+1]The new temporary root option works on 99% of available Android devices - no list yet of which specific devices are incompatible with the temporary root option - I am still trying to find out.[/size]

Here is the list so far of known compatible and incompatible devices for the permanent root option. I haven't actually tested these myself - I only have a Galaxy S device - but this list has been created by reports from users.

Compatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)
    Backflip
    Sony X10
    Xperia Mini
    Droid 2
    Galaxy Tab
    Galaxy I5700
    Galaxy 3 I5800
    Droid X
    Samsung Acclaim
    Cricket Huawei Ascend
    Motorola Cliq
    Huawei 8120
    Hero
    G1
    Optimus T
    Droid 1
    Garmin Asus A50
    Motorola Defy
    LG Ally
    Motorola Flipside
    Motorola Milestone 2
    Dell streak
    X10 Mini Pro
    Smartq v7 android 2.1

Incompatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Desire (requires nand unlock)
    Desire HD (requires nand unlock)
    Magic (unknown)
    Evo (requires nand unlock)
    G2 (requires nand unlock)
    Archos 70 (unknown)
    myTouch 3G (unknown)
    Wildfire
    Droid Incredible

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    V1.2.0 : Unroot support, fix for devices with small max file size such as I5700, binaries in xbin rather than bin
    V1.2.1 : Back to /system/bin for support for some devices. Fix for QVGA devices.
    V1.2.2 : Adverts added (can be permanently disabled with menu option). Hopeful fix for devices such as Moment (Did not work).
    V1.3.0 : Force unroot option, temporary root option.

Market

This application is available directly from the market. Search for 'z4root'

Donations

If this app helps you out, you can donate here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    if it works i expect it will be blocked with the next android update as usual
    will test on my girlfriends i5800 as soon as it´s back from service, its there for pin request issue...
    Thanks !!!
    This is great news !!!