12th January 2014, 05:02 PM |#101  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 39,836

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni

Just for info I have erased these partition and I can create new partition there! So allso I think these partition can be mounted for something, for example you can store there recovery ramdisk and an kernel for booting them with kexec! If you realy need more info please search in xperia go forum (sorry, I forgot where I posted them, maybe in general section?!) where I created a thread related to custom partitioning on xperia go (changed userdata, cache...etc size, merged 2 unused partitons, increased data, created custom one...blabla!).

Edit:
found my post -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2418241&page=8

Nice

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free

12th January 2014, 06:10 PM |#102  
Flag Corte
Thanks Meter: 1,037

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni

My kernel already support sola,go,p,u and kexec allready working on these phones! Please find a proper thread to post any question since our thread is for Z1 only! Search in P forum for kexec thread!

You could come to an arrangement to open a common [DEV] thread in the Cross-Device Development Projects for Sony Devices section

so that EVERY helpful developer could help
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mirhl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mirhl Ad-Free
12th January 2014, 07:47 PM |#103  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirhl

You could come to an arrangement to open a common [DEV] thread in the Cross-Device Development Projects for Sony Devices section

so that EVERY helpful developer could help

Exactly.

I did not find any thread discussing the possibility of Xperia P stock kernel working with kexec on locked bootloader devices to allow locked bootloader devices to run a custom kernel and thus, CM 11, on locked bootloaders.

My previous post was to give a hint to the developers here that maybe they can put back the missing file "/system/xbin/kexec.dyn" on stock kernel devices with locked bootloader so that init will find that file and NOT disable kexec for stock kernels.

Then maybe we can use the kexec and the OTA kernel to port CM 11 to locked bootloaders with custom kernel allowed through kexec and OTA exploits.

I am not a developer but I can give contribution through my ideas, since I really want to take this and make it possible to boot custom kernel on locked bootloader.
17th January 2014, 08:53 AM |#104  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lommel
Thanks Meter: 16,266

Donate to Me
More
I am working on a custom kernel for kexec, so modified stock kernel. I know this will only work on unlocked bootloader, but I have one. I am trying a port in my kernel sources from N5 (private repo for now, don't want anyone to brick his device or whatever before I tested myself)

There is only 1 thing I'm wondering about and those are these addresses for kexec:
Code:
#define KEXEC_HB_PAGE_ADDR    UL(0x10100000)
#define KEXEC_HB_KERNEL_LOC    UL(0x3208000)
@delewer, any idea which ones I should use here?

EDIT: I haven't found much info about those, but I'll try some things out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krabappel2548 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 11:47 AM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Sorry, I have a very difficult problem to solve in real life. I have to take time for myself.
Do your tests with "fastboot boot" before any flash.
Boot your kexed kernel with your custom ramdisk wich boot your second kernel.
if work, you will be ready to kexec boot any custom aosp (on unlocked bootloader)
The Following User Says Thank You to delewer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift delewer Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 01:39 PM |#106  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lommel

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by delewer

Sorry, I have a very difficult problem to solve in real life. I have to take time for myself.
Do your tests with "fastboot boot" before any flash.
Boot your kexed kernel with your custom ramdisk wich boot your second kernel.
if work, you will be ready to kexec boot any custom aosp (on unlocked bootloader)

No problem mate, had to deal with issues too lately, take your time! I hope you can solve them. I'm working on it for unlocked bootloader for now, if that works I can make a multiboot solution.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krabappel2548 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 04:02 PM |#107  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lommel

Donate to Me
More
ok, so I've done some test runs with a custom kernel with kexec hardboot patch inside. It seems the kexec hardboot works, but it doesn't boot a custom kernel yet.

I've ported it from N5; so it has dtb support, which we also need. The status at the moment is:
- Device reboots
- 1 second red LED (normal because of unlocked bl)
- 1 second LED goes out (also normal)
- Then LED goes RED again and stays red with a black screen

It's the last thing that isn't ok, if everything would be ok, it should have booted the kernel with kexec hardboot. Anyone who can help? @munjeni maybe?

EDIT: my kernel repo is private for now, but I can make it public if necessary
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krabappel2548 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 12:33 PM |#108  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lommel

Donate to Me
More
Edit: patch working released in new thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krabappel2548 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2014, 06:03 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 21,318

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krabappel2548

Edit: patch working released in new thread

Probably you no need KEXEC_HB_KERNEL_LOC since it was for bootloader on hammerhead, but allso probably you not defined-reserved right memory region (you have wrong defined memory offset?), allso maybe you have no defined end of phys ram (ram previously decreased + reseved 1mb space for kexec gardboot + kexec_hardboot_reserve in board config) ...you can look here for more info -> https://github.com/munjeni/android_k.../jb-dev?page=2

I think better idea to all you is to make kexec working on unlocked bootloaders, than you can start porting them to locked bootloaders!

Any one have idea when z1 compat will come to EU in markets ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift munjeni Ad-Free
20th January 2014, 06:45 PM |#110  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Can I ask you, dear devs, how do you rate the possibility of achieving a bypass or kexec or smth like that for locked bootloaders? It'd be nice to have that opportunity of installing for instance cm11. Thanks in advance, and I am terribly sorry to disturb You.
Sent from my LT22i permanently (so-said) locked by Orange
21st January 2014, 06:07 AM |#111  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 976

Donate to Me
More
Smile Something!
This thing tells to boot android from SDcard. It won't be bad if we can boot boot.img from sdcard.
My old device was MOTOROLA XT530 ith locked BL. I would surely like to have custom ROMS on my legacy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)