FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[dev][kernel][kexec]

186 posts
Thanks Meter: 235
 
By delewer, Senior Member on 23rd October 2013, 06:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th October 2013, 12:05 AM |#11  
delewer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 235
 
More
krabappel2548, i have compil your kernel by my script (fromscratch)

My script (instruction in "DoomLord Build kernel thread" : scriptZ1 http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1382568778
(for thoses who want to help us...)

You have a little mod to do here (bad compil) :
In "sound/soc/msm/qdsp6v2/rtac.c"

you must change
#include <q6voice.h>
by
#include "q6voice.h"

btw : no more ideas to load kexec for the moment ...
 
 
24th October 2013, 06:19 AM |#12  
Knucklessg1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by delewer

krabappel2548, i have compil your kernel by my script (fromscratch)

My script (instruction in "DoomLord Build kernel thread" : scriptZ1 http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1382568778
(for thoses who want to help us...)

You have a little mod to do here (bad compil) :
In "sound/soc/msm/qdsp6v2/rtac.c"

you must change
#include <q6voice.h>
by
#include "q6voice.h"

btw : no more ideas to load kexec for the moment ...

Sorry, I'm trying to get caught up on the forum, but what seems to be the current standing issue to get kexec working?
24th October 2013, 06:24 AM |#13  
Shaky156's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,567
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklessg1

Sorry, I'm trying to get caught up on the forum, but what seems to be the current standing issue to get kexec working?

Read the OP
Status paragraph
24th October 2013, 06:28 AM |#14  
Shaky156's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,567
 
Donate to Me
More
Memory regions

00000000-07afffff : System RAM
00008000-00b79383 : Kernel code
00d04000-00f0cddb : Kernel data
0ff00000-779fffff : System RAM
7ff00000-7ff3ffff : rdtags_mem
7ff80000-7ffa0fff : last_kmsg
7ffa1000-7ffa5fff : last_amsslog

System RAM MEM = 00000000
So --min-mem=0x20000000

Now need to find a free memory area thatll allow us to write and hopefully the mmu/pmu on locked bootloader wont cancel it
@delewer? @DooMLoRD @kali @Bin4ry
24th October 2013, 01:13 PM |#15  
king960's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
I know I shouldn't disturb, but i must ask: if You achieve Your goal, would it be possible to port it to devices like Xperia P, S, T, U and other NXT? It would be great, many ppl are ready to give a prize for it. Thanks in advance, good luck and sorry again.

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app
24th October 2013, 04:03 PM |#16  
Shaky156's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,567
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king960

I know I shouldn't disturb, but i must ask: if You achieve Your goal, would it be possible to port it to devices like Xperia P, S, T, U and other NXT? It would be great, many ppl are ready to give a prize for it. Thanks in advance, good luck and sorry again.

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

These devices are not 2013 devices, they arent s800 socs, so they are much easier to do, simply take the kexec-tools from op, implement the patch in your kernel, write the correct memory values for your specific device and execute in terminal via the command in op, minmem depends on your device too, good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaky156 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shaky156 Ad-Free
24th October 2013, 06:18 PM |#17  
king960's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
I think some1 tried it already, but it works only for unlocked devices... Anyway, thanks for help.

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app
24th October 2013, 09:49 PM |#18  
Knucklessg1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king960

I know I shouldn't disturb, but i must ask: if You achieve Your goal, would it be possible to port it to devices like Xperia P, S, T, U and other NXT? It would be great, many ppl are ready to give a prize for it. Thanks in advance, good luck and sorry again.

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

Does doing this require having an Unlocked Boot loader prior to implementation?

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
26th October 2013, 04:19 PM |#19  
delewer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 235
 
More
A few informations about kexec-tools debug


in kexec.c
Fonction :
if (file_type[i].load(argc, argv, kernel_buf,
kernel_size, &info) < 0) {
fprintf(stderr, "Cannot load %s\n", kernel);
return -1;
}

With a forced execution of kexec (bypass error to see...)
--mem-min=0x90000000

kernel: 0xb6b9d008 kernel_size: 3e9340
debug: 1 - after get memory range
debug: 2 - after type test
debug: 3 - after type test
debug: 4 - after info.kexec
debug: Focus 1 - argc '5' ; argv 'be856774' ; kernel_buf 'b6b9d008' ; kernel_size '3e9340' ; info 'be856548' ; i '1' ; file_type[i].name 'zImage'
Could not find a free area of memory of 3f1340 bytes...
Cannot load zImage
debug: 10 - before trampoline
debug: 11 - after trampoline
debug: 12 - before segment load
debug: 13 - after segment load
debug: 8 - before sort_segment
debug: 9 - after sort_segment
debug: 6 - before purgatory
debug: 7 - after purgatory
kexec_load: entry = (nil) flags = 280004
nr_segments = 0
kexec_load failed: Function not implemented
entry = (nil) flags = 280004
nr_segments = 0
debug: 5 - return result : ffffffff


With a forced bypass on file_type.load , we have this :
--mem-min=0x20000000

debug: Focus 1 - argc '5' ; argv 'bef18774' ; kernel_buf 'b6bc7008' ; kernel_size '3e9340' ; info 'bef18548' ; i '1' ; file_type[i].name 'zImage'
Segmentation fault
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delewer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift delewer Ad-Free
26th October 2013, 04:26 PM |#20  
Shaky156's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,567
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by delewer

A few informations about kexec-tools debug


in kexec.c
Fonction :
if (file_type[i].load(argc, argv, kernel_buf,
kernel_size, &info) < 0) {
fprintf(stderr, "Cannot load %s\n", kernel);
return -1;
}

With a forced execution of kexec (bypass error to see...)
--mem-min=0x90000000

kernel: 0xb6b9d008 kernel_size: 3e9340
debug: 1 - after get memory range
debug: 2 - after type test
debug: 3 - after type test
debug: 4 - after info.kexec
debug: Focus 1 - argc '5' ; argv 'be856774' ; kernel_buf 'b6b9d008' ; kernel_size '3e9340' ; info 'be856548' ; i '1' ; file_type[i].name 'zImage'
Could not find a free area of memory of 3f1340 bytes...
Cannot load zImage
debug: 10 - before trampoline
debug: 11 - after trampoline
debug: 12 - before segment load
debug: 13 - after segment load
debug: 8 - before sort_segment
debug: 9 - after sort_segment
debug: 6 - before purgatory
debug: 7 - after purgatory
kexec_load: entry = (nil) flags = 280004
nr_segments = 0
kexec_load failed: Function not implemented
entry = (nil) flags = 280004
nr_segments = 0
debug: 5 - return result : ffffffff


With a forced bypass on file_type.load , we have this :
--mem-min=0x20000000

debug: Focus 1 - argc '5' ; argv 'bef18774' ; kernel_buf 'b6bc7008' ; kernel_size '3e9340' ; info 'bef18548' ; i '1' ; file_type[i].name 'zImage'
Segmentation fault

Did you compile this kexec yourself? Or did you get this from krapabbel? I issued krapabbel to compile a new debug version have gave him the code but never heard back from him :/
Anywayz so cannot find free memory is the issue
26th October 2013, 04:56 PM |#21  
delewer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 235
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156

Did you compile this kexec yourself? Or did you get this from krapabbel? I issued krapabbel to compile a new debug version have gave him the code but never heard back from him :/
Anywayz so cannot find free memory is the issue

Yep i have compil kexec-tool myself (and kexeced kernel too)...
I try to find another way to load kernel in memory, bc i think the kernel is'nt too large for memory ... lol
may be can we use another load function ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes