By lowveld, Inactive Recognized Developer on 8th January 2012, 03:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2012, 04:32 PM |#511  
Flag Purgatory, Hades Cluster
Thanks Meter: 1,473

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by first_damned

How do you get 8ma on sleep? I always get around 11ma. What sleep gov and min/max cpu speeds you using?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

Lol!

I get 6-7 mA. Attached below is a screenshot of sleep state for around 2 hrs...

CPU 245-1075 Wake, with Reaper Governor
CPU 245-1075 Sleep, with Reaper Governor (yes, it's the same...helps your device to wake up more smoothly, and eats up just as much battery as, say 245-384 setting - personal experience)
Undervolted by -50 mV across the board

26th January 2012, 04:34 PM |#512  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaamit

Lol!

I get 6-7 mA. Attached below is a screenshot of sleep state for around 2 hrs...

CPU 245-1075 Wake, with Reaper Governor
CPU 245-1075 Sleep, with Reaper Governor (yes, it's the same...helps your device to wake up more smoothly, and eats up just as much battery as, say 245-384 setting - personal experience)
Undervolted by -50 mV across the board

Yeah mine is just -25 across the board .Mine is still polling all through the night with FB, twitter, G+, email and greader etc
26th January 2012, 04:36 PM |#513  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,766

Donate to Me
More
One of these days I'll stop plugging in my phone to the PC every which hour to try some stuff out, so I can brag about battery life also. :P
26th January 2012, 04:37 PM |#514  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by det66

Here ya go mate .Normally at night it's on the charging profile

Hi buddy, nice to have you back!

Couldn't help but notice, you have your wake max CPU while charging set to LOWER than when it's not charging... any particular reason for that paradox?
26th January 2012, 04:38 PM |#515  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld

One of these days I'll stop plugging in my phone to the PC every which hour to try some stuff out, so I can brag about battery life also. :P

LMAO lowveld , my battery does me a day and that's all I ask of it , more just to show settings to a fellow user
26th January 2012, 04:39 PM |#516  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld

You have bigger things to brag about, Oh Great One!!

Leave the breadcrumbs to us mortals, you greedy fella!!

26th January 2012, 04:43 PM |#517  

More
Quote:

You have bigger things to brag about, Oh Great One!!

Leave the breadcrumbs to us mortals, you greedy fella!!

You said it brother

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote:

Hi buddy, nice to have you back!

Couldn't help but notice, you have your wake max CPU while charging set to LOWER than when it's not charging... any particular reason for that paradox?

Well my logic behind it (whether correct or not is another matter) is that I only charge at night when I don't use the phone ,so really don't need wake set as high.
No idea if it makes a damned bit of difference or not
26th January 2012, 04:58 PM |#518  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by det66

You said it brother

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Well my logic behind it (whether correct or not is another matter) is that I only charge at night when I don't use the phone ,so really don't need wake set as high.
No idea if it makes a damned bit of difference or not

But if your phone doesn't wake up at night at all, why tweak the wake settings? I mean whether or not you change those settings will not matter at all if the phone never goes into wake state all night !

And as far as governors are concerned, let me try to explain, that since the inception of smartass, smartass v2 (aka virtuous), and the latest version - Reaper (should be called kickass, if you ask me!), there is no need to dial down the sleep state max clock speed at all. See, the way this smartass line of governors is designed, it has a built in screen for wake and sleep state. Just specify the max and min speeds you want your CPU to go to, and keep them same in both wake and sleep states... it will not affect power consumption at all...i am living example of this. (Refer my previous posts and screenshots). The smartass lineup automatically sleeps at the lowest specified clock speed (even if specified in the wake setup)

The upside of this setting is that the governor doesn't have to jump from a low maximum speed (specified in sleep) to a next higher clock speed (wake) when you wake up the phone...as the dialing up of CPU speed is well within the sleep parameters, thus allowing a jitter free and smooth wake up.

I hope this is making sense to you... and do correct me if i'm wrong. (This last line is particularly aimed square at lowveld!)
26th January 2012, 05:08 PM |#519  

More
Quote:

But if your phone doesn't wake up at night at all, why tweak the wake settings? I mean whether or not you change those settings will not matter at all if the phone never goes into wake state all night !

And as far as governors are concerned, let me try to explain, that since the inception of smartass, smartass v2 (aka virtuous), and the latest version - Reaper (should be called kickass, if you ask me!), there is no need to dial down the sleep state max clock speed at all. See, the way this smartass line of governors is designed, it has a built in screen for wake and sleep state. Just specify the max and min speeds you want your CPU to go to, and keep them same in both wake and sleep states... it will not affect power consumption at all...i am living example of this. (Refer my previous posts and screenshots). The smartass lineup automatically sleeps at the lowest specified clock speed (even if specified in the wake setup)

The upside of this setting is that the governor doesn't have to jump from a low maximum speed (specified in sleep) to a next higher clock speed (wake) when you wake up the phone...as the dialing up of CPU speed is well within the sleep parameters, thus allowing a jitter free and smooth wake up.

I hope this is making sense to you... and do correct me if i'm wrong. (This last line is particularly aimed square at lowveld!)

It does mate and thanks .gonna change them now
26th January 2012, 05:11 PM |#520  
Flag kuldiga
Thanks Meter: 53

More
For me i dont use governors, reaper settings is off, and still getting 8 in sleep mode but when woke up it around 34-74. I have overclock on 1,2ghz

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
26th January 2012, 05:15 PM |#521  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefilus

For me i dont use governors, reaper settings is off, and still getting 8 in sleep mode but when woke up it around 34-74. I have overclock on 1,2ghz

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

What do you mean by you don't use governors?

Who do you think overclocks your device to 1.2 GHz and brings the CPU speed down in sleep state?

I think you're confused buddy, because if you aren't, you're the first one using a kernel with no governor!

P.S. : Jokes apart, let me inform you that even if you do not manually change the governor, you're still using the OnDemand / Reaper governor (the default one - don't remember which one lowveld set as default) that is built in by default. There's no escaping that one!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, cm7, tiamat saga 2.0.0

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)