[ROM]*****EaglesBlood™***** ICS 4.0.3[CSM Edition/UMS/Mute fix/T15+[March-19th-2012]

Search This thread

SefEXE

Aug 1, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Is there a way to set the led buttons to light up for notifications within the rom? I feel like the LG Notification app causes more FC's than not, I'd prefer not to use it.

Isn't this already an option?

Under settings, then display. "Pulse Notification Light"

Is it not automatically selected in newer builds?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Klathmon

May 1, 2011
the kernel is under volted from boot.. anyone seeing freezes should use set cpu and add 25mv across the board and see if it freezes again. if that helps we can do that in ROM by default. so third party apps are not needed. I may add voltage adjustment to the performance settings too

Sent from my LG-P999

Ive been messing with doing this for a while. I hate using apps for stuff if i don't need to, so i modified the settings apk and added this in when i was using hell's ROM.

Pm me if you want my code, it works great but it's fugly as hell, itll need stone touching up to go with the rest of the settings.

Plus you might get people to stop using profiles! :)
Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: cellsafemode

cellsafemode

Apr 6, 2011
Is there a way to set the led buttons to light up for notifications within the rom? I feel like the LG Notification app causes more FC's than not, I'd prefer not to use it.

there are settings to turn on your button light for notifications. thought that was by default though. I think it is a system setting

Sent from my LG-P999

livinloud11

Oct 2, 2010
How do I access my internal memory on my phone from my computer? All I can do is my external memory card and for some reason its saying its almost full...

cellsafemode

Apr 6, 2011
How do I access my internal memory on my phone from my computer? All I can do is my external memory card and for some reason its saying its almost full...

our eventual plan is to make internal the default destination for non-removable things... like apps and ring tones etc.. so direct access is not that good of an idea. we may change that in the future and expose the internal memory to pc.... it isn't hard... just not something we would like people to get used to.

if it says external is almost full then it probably is. no reason why it would lie.

Sent from my LG-P999

Reactions: J-C.Martin

x0xhellx0x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 6, 2011
Shirley, NY
our eventual plan is to make internal the default destination for non-removable things... like apps and ring tones etc.. so direct access is not that good of an idea. we may change that in the future and expose the internal memory to pc.... it isn't hard... just not something we would like people to get used to.

if it says external is almost full then it probably is. no reason why it would lie.

Sent from my LG-P999

why not shouldn't People be able to access any part of the phone they want to
just saying something " just not something we would like people to get used to"
i would think opening up the phone so people can get the best use out of it is what we are doing no shutting it down and locking it up so we cant use it.

isint that the issue were having now with LG is the unwilling to share stuff We Dev To Share open source and opening our phones is our rights as users of this wonderfull device at any time i would be more then willing to share all my tweaks with any Dev. not ranting or puting you down or anything just puting my two cents in

lengz

Jan 23, 2008
Isn't this already an option?

Under settings, then display. "Pulse Notification Light"

Is it not automatically selected in newer builds?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

there are settings to turn on your button light for notifications. thought that was by default though. I think it is a system setting

Hmm yeah I guess that's it, but it doesn't look like it works for messages or third party messaging apps.

pitflyer

Feb 16, 2010
My two cents - make the internal SD available too. I really like that I can normally plug in my phone and see BOTH the internal and external SD ... Anyone who flashes a ROM should know how the difference.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Hmm yeah I guess that's it, but it doesn't look like it works for messages or third party messaging apps.

Yes, its on by default but not working for me either -- just got a message 'ding' but the lights are not on or flashed or anything.

cellsafemode

Apr 6, 2011
because exposing the partition to usb mass storage allows a computer to do low level filesystem operations on it while the phone is using it as well. In essence you are working on a live filesystem if the filesystem is being used by the phone for things like apps... Android would do things like stop apps that were running from the sd card in order to allow them to be mounted, but this is not the operation that the phone is designed for. The internal storage is meant _for_ the sole purpose of allowing you to have your apps and ring tones and such and have a separate storage for music and videos that you can allow a computer access to without interruption.

This is the way the stock firmware works, and I think it's rather logical. The cm way ignores the fact that you have an internal sd partition altogether.

It's not even close to what LG and nvidia are doing. It's not even close to what apple does with IOS. It's an attempt to break a bad habit of using only the external SD for everything (the way CM does it) and to get in the habit of the external SD card being used for "expendable" things ...things that dont matter to the system's normal operation if it's there or not, and internal for things that do matter. But if you insist on wanting to access the internal directly there are android utilities out there that let you do that. And we may even end up allowing that as an option as well. As it is, we dont prohibit you from doing it at all, we just dont expose the option. It's completely different from not providing source or locking a system down.

similarly, we could make /system rw and make that mountable to usb but we aren't ever going to because it's a bad idea. It may not be getting used for anything important yet, but the same will be true for internal storage in the future. It's probably not a good idea to do it to external right now but there has to be a transition period and this is it.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

mine lights up for gmail notifications, gtalk notifications, handcent notifications. Do these other third party apps not have notification settings ? even though we dont have an LED for notifications, sometimes enabling those options if they exist in an app will trigger the button light for notifications. But really i've not noticed any issues with it not turning on. Of course, you have to have the screen off to test.

x0xhellx0x

Oct 6, 2011
Shirley, NY
because exposing the partition to usb mass storage allows a computer to do low level filesystem operations on it while the phone is using it as well. In essence you are working on a live filesystem if the filesystem is being used by the phone for things like apps... Android would do things like stop apps that were running from the sd card in order to allow them to be mounted, but this is not the operation that the phone is designed for. The internal storage is meant _for_ the sole purpose of allowing you to have your apps and ring tones and such and have a separate storage for music and videos that you can allow a computer access to without interruption.

This is the way the stock firmware works, and I think it's rather logical. The cm way ignores the fact that you have an internal sd partition altogether.

It's not even close to what LG and nvidia are doing. It's not even close to what apple does with IOS. It's an attempt to break a bad habit of using only the external SD for everything (the way CM does it) and to get in the habit of the external SD card being used for "expendable" things ...things that dont matter to the system's normal operation if it's there or not, and internal for things that do matter. But if you insist on wanting to access the internal directly there are android utilities out there that let you do that. And we may even end up allowing that as an option as well. As it is, we dont prohibit you from doing it at all, we just dont expose the option. It's completely different from not providing source or locking a system down.

similarly, we could make /system rw and make that mountable to usb but we aren't ever going to because it's a bad idea. It may not be getting used for anything important yet, but the same will be true for internal storage in the future. It's probably not a good idea to do it to external right now but there has to be a transition period and this is it.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

mine lights up for gmail notifications, gtalk notifications, handcent notifications. Do these other third party apps not have notification settings ? even though we dont have an LED for notifications, sometimes enabling those options if they exist in an app will trigger the button light for notifications. But really i've not noticed any issues with it not turning on. Of course, you have to have the screen off to test.

i was talking more in the lines of emmc so you could access the intenal storage that is available for us Sharing is Caring :) like i said i was not trying to troll but that is how it came off and i dont know why i said something but i did and appologize if you took it the wrong way

PowSniffer0110

Apr 26, 2010
Ogden
Does build 3 have 6 rows and columns for the home screen????!! PLEASEeeee say yes. Need the tablet scroll effect and nova doesn't offer it

pitflyer

Feb 16, 2010
I did test USB access and for me at least the SD card was available as a drive to my computer in all three modes - camera, MTP or UMS. My machine is Windows 7, and I had installed EasyTether on it in the past so maybe that's why all the drivers, etc, work.

But as being discussed the internal SD is not available as a mount. I would still humbly request it be made available because I do use the space to store additional media -- since I am using very little of that 8gb built in for anything else. Gets me another season of ripped TV shows without having to go up another microsd size.

It is available on the phone as /mnt/emmc, so for now as a workaround you can copy the files to the SD card and then use a file explorer on the phone (I purchased Root Explorer a long time ago which works fine) to move the files from /mnt/sdcard to /mnt/emmc.

cellsafemode

Apr 6, 2011
I did test USB access and for me at least the SD card was available as a drive to my computer in all three modes - camera, MTP or UMS. My machine is Windows 7, and I had installed EasyTether on it in the past so maybe that's why all the drivers, etc, work.

But as being discussed the internal SD is not available as a mount. I would still humbly request it be made available because I do use the space to store additional media -- since I am using very little of that 8gb built in for anything else. Gets me another season of ripped TV shows without having to go up another microsd size.

It is available on the phone as /mnt/emmc, so for now as a workaround you can copy the files to the SD card and then use a file explorer on the phone (I purchased Root Explorer a long time ago which works fine) to move the files from /mnt/sdcard to /mnt/emmc.

yea, the mass storage becomes available and then never not becomes available .... I'm working on that. But it happens between ptp (camera) and mtp mode too, so I'm leaning towards a general USB settings issue in addition to my improper disabling of mass storage :) build4 will have it fixed.

cellsafemode

Apr 6, 2011
also, i want to clarify, i was talking about emmc. This storage was intended as a overflow storage for apps and as a user writeable storage for ringtones and notifications. usb would just defeat the purpose of having it.

flexibility is a good quality, dont get me wrong.. but we're not blocking or locking out the ability... I'm just not so sure if we want to make it a standard feature when inclined users could use third party apps to accomplish their goals. It will all depend on user-demand after we switch over standard destinations for various things to actually make use of emmc.

Beekersguy

Oct 7, 2011
Crystal Lake, IL
Any changes in wifi caling stability? The ONLY problem I've ever seen with my "phone" on any ICS build is the wifi calling issues.

Sometimes, I can make & receive calls no problem, but as soon as I hang up, wifi calling closes and has to re-launch, sometimes causing an "invalid sim" error, or some other such nonsense.

I know this particular piece of t-mobile software is pos to begin with, but it seems a lot more stable on GB builds. The only thing keeping me from daily driving this is the wifi calling disconnect on hang up. Any improvements in this build?

doniqcc

Dec 28, 2010
chicago
OK ppl chill out this thread is about EB ICS ROM not who's your favorite guy or why you mad at LG or us for whatever reasons.

@ hell

Idk why are you so angry or at least it seems like going by your comments actually you started all mad this and that and later it was about sharing and caring.

Actually i did share my work most of the ppl here know that idk about caring though lol

Now here you seem very angry and demanding :

why not shouldn't People be able to access any part of the phone they want to
just saying something " just not something we would like people to get used to"
i would think opening up the phone so people can get the best use out of it is what we are doing no shutting it down and locking it up so we cant use it.

isint that the issue were having now with LG is the unwilling to share stuff We Dev To Share open source and opening our phones is our rights as users of this wonderfull device at any time i would be more then willing to share all my tweaks with any Dev. not ranting or puting you down or anything just puting my two cents in

First of all i don't think you understood what CSM was saying about internal

Secondly this has nothing to do with sharing so your comment doesn't make sense , are you mad at LG and if so on your thread you say LG dev suck so why are you waiting for them do something and prove them wrong or sit tight watch and learn and definitely read it's fundamental lol.

This thread is for EB project development and ppl posting bugs and their experience not why you mad at LG or us nobody is locking anything I know you said you didn't mean but I'm making it clear so next time you don't get to exited :)

Actually if you wanna know i don't really care about what's going on in your thread i think you should do the same, also if you need help contact the dev via pm that's what is for so if you call yourself a dev start acting like one.

OK back on topic we will have an ICS AOSP rom for you all ported from our galaxy nexus source in the next few days stay tuned :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teameb2.png

EAGLESBLOOD™ "ICE CREAM SANDWICH" 4.0.3

teamebics.png

BASED OFF CM9 UNRELEASED SOURCE.THIS IS NOT A KANG OF "Arcee's ROM" ...BUT WITHOUT HIM NONE OF THIS COULD

HAVE BEEN DONE, 'THANK YOU' FROM ALL OF US.

Also BIG THANKS TO CM-TEAM for they're amazing work without these guys hard work and great features none of this would be possible for me and other developers building Roms.

Who is EAGLESBLOOD ?

[*] doniqcc

[*] Boxer

[*] cellsafemode aka CSM

SPECIAL THANKS TO "B0XeR" FOR ALL OF HIS WORK AND DESIGN ON THIS BUILD.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS HELPED AND SUPPORTED US.

SCREENSHOOTS :
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    ums_shot_setting.png
    ums_shot_status.png

PLEASE READ THE F.A.Q. BY Deadstyle HERE

Features:

Code:
    *4.0.3 ICS/IML74K 

*Based off the Unofficial CM9 source

*EB performance/Tweaks/Scripts

*Fully optimized

*Zipalign on each boot

*Smother/Faster UI

*Ext4 tuneup

*Ganoptimizer

*UMS-USB Mass Storage (csm)

*Added IO scheduler under performance settings (cellsafemod)
     5 different settings to choose from : 
     noop
     anticipatory
     deadline
     cfq
     bfq

*Mark all read option to email.apk 

*Added quiet hours under sound settings

*EB launcher2 Tweaked built off cm9 (fast no lag) 
     now you can access launcher settings by pressing menu in home screen

*EB boot animation/splash screen (Boxer)

*EB wallpapers(Boxer)

*Distinguishable data between 3G/H

*Added EBloodmod version/about phone 

*Added FB Sync (RomanB)

*Added option for restoring all your apps soon as you sign 

*Added profiles settings

*Removed Themes under settings since it's useless for now looks clean

CHANGELOG​
    Code:
    [CENTER][INDENT]
    [SIZE="4"]
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Build 3[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

*UMS-USB Mass Storage (csm)
     Lets you access your SD card on a computer
     like a flash drive coded from scratch by csm
     the very first ics rom that supports it

*Fixed Mute from not functioning at all (csm)

*Modified Trinity kernel (Morfic/Csm)
     This is a modified Trinity kernel by Csm 
     flashing a different will cause an infinite boot loops
     plus you'll loose UMS feature

*Added profiles 

*Removed Cfq & Bfq schedulers under performance
     Deadline is now default 

*Always recommended a full wipe but flashing over bld 2 should be fine 

*Updated gapps

*Trinity + EB = butter :)

[SIZE="4"]
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Build 2[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

*Fully optimized

*Zipalign on each boot

*Smother/Faster UI

*Ext4 tuneup

*Ganoptimizer

noop
     anticipatory
     deadline
     cfq
     bfq

*EB wallpapers(Boxer)

*Added EBloodmod version/about phone 

*Added FB Sync (RomanB)

*Added option for restoring all your apps soon as you sign in

Profiles it's there will add setting in build 3

[SIZE="4"]
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Build 2[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

*Initial release

[/INDENT][/CENTER]

=======================================
    IMPORTANT NOTES:
    These Builds are built off unofficial source of the current state of CyanogenMod 9
    CM 9 is based on latest AOSP sources plus some usefull tweaks and features.

SOURCECODE:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod

EAGLESBLOOD™ ROM INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    **IMPORTANT** - MUST READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW COMPLETELY

1. Make a full backup of your current ROM. Then copy it over to PC if you wish.

2. Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM). *Note* You should always flash CWM using a USB Cable and NVflash; do not 'flash CWM from the ROM Manager app'.

3. To begin start by clicking "Wipe User Data/Factory Reset", this will wipe all data off of the phone's memory (not SD card though).

4. Now click "Wipe cache partition".

5. Then go down to "Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache".

6. Choose Install zip from "External SD Card". Wait for that to complete and confirm you see an "Installation Complete" message.

7. Now, you must flash the correct Google Apps - GApps ICS (gapps-20120212-ics.zip) ...link below.

Once the gapps are installed you can now click "Reboot System". Failing to complete all of these instructions precisely can potentially leave you stuck in

CWM Recovery until you manage to build your way back out. This is not fun, trust us.

9. Done. Enjoy your new ROM!

=======================
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    =======================

== EAGLESBLOOD™ ICS ROM bld 3

== GAPPS FOR ICS

=======================
    =======================

CHECKOUT OUR POST IN THE "THEMES" FORUM FOR ALL KINDS OF GREAT DOWNLOADS!
    VISIT HERE

EAGLESBLOOD™ ROM TEAM:

EB ROM DEVELOPER | Doniqcc

EB GRAPHIC DESIGNER | IB IO IX IE IR

========== ATTENTION: SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR EAGLESBLOOD™ ==========

Everyone, feel free to show your support by using our FREE signature banner designed just for you!

ANYONE CAN USE THIS CUSTOM SIGNATURE!:

ebsig

EaglesBlood by doniqcc. Get it

[HERE].
    BOOT ANIMATIONS:
    Bootanimation UPDATE for EaglesBlood™ 4.0.x (Current Release)
    ===========
    HOW TO CHANGE BOOT ANIMATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download the posted ZIP file either using your device, PC & USB, or however you'd like and save the bootanimation.zip file to the root of your SD CARD (i.e. /sdcard).
    2. OTD, using "Root Explorer" navigate to /system/media and mount as "Read/Write" (r/w).

3. In that folder, rename existing bootanimation.zip to "bootanimation.zip.orig" and save. This is now your backup file.
    4. Press "back" twice to get out of those folders and navigate again into /sdcard and find your bootanimation.zip that you already downloaded above.
    5. Long-press the .zip file and select "Move", then navigate back into the /system/media folder and "Paste" it there.
    6. Now long-press the new bootanimation.zip file that you just pasted and select "Permissions." Check/Uncheck the boxes to match this image below, then click Save:
    screenshot1329166107744.png

7. Then click (R/O) to mount /system/media back to Read Only (r/o) then you exit Root Explorer.
    8. Reboot and enjoy.
    *TO REVERT BACK TO ORIGINAL BOOT ANIMATION: To revert to original bootanimation, (1)Go back into /system/media and mount (r/w). (2)Then delete the new bootanimation.zip file you previously added. (3)Rename "bootanimation.zip.orig" back to "bootanimation.zip", click Save. (5)Remount (r/o), then exit and reboot.

PREVIEW:

ics_eb_boota_new-02-20-12v2.gif
    One more for me just in case
    CHANGELOG

Well after getting the source back to "normal" with a big help from cellsafemode which recently joined EB here's build 2 changelog

Uploading now......

CHANGELOG

*Fully optimized

*Zipalign on each boot

*Smother/Faster UI

*Ext4 tuneup

*Ganoptimizer

noop
    anticipatory
    deadline
    cfq
    bfq

*EB wallpapers(Boxer)

*Added FB Sync (RomanB)

*Added option for restoring all your apps soon as you sign in

Profiles it's there will add setting in build 3

*Removed stock music and replaced it with the updated google music

*Updated Gapps

*Plus more since we lasted a while working on this build
    internal storage is _NOT_ exposed to usb at this time.

internal storage is accessible from within the phone. it is mounted at /mnt/emmc and you can view it's usage in the storage settings and you can use any number of file explorers to copy/etc to and from it.

We are working around the clock pretty much (when not at actual paying jobs) to get build4 solid .... whole new development backend to deal with issues we are currently having with what's in place and an in-house kernel that we can setup with whatever settings we want and respond immediately to your feedback ... in addition to the aosp source work doniqcc was talking about, we are working on making the flash install process much more flexible and interactive. This should alleviate people's kernel issues and problems loading the rom (which account for the majority of negative feedback from build3) and put us on a much smoother path for future builds. We are aiming for weekly releases for now so stay tuned... the fun isn't over yet.