[UTILITY] Return to GB from ICS fxz script -- Now includes 2.3.6 fxz 09/26/2012

Search This thread

hankbizzo5

Nov 13, 2008
Ct,Eastern
Well, if you really want and SGS 3, I have a surefire way... Send me your A2, I can make it disappear for you, and you tell the significant other it was stolen and get the SGS 3 then.

Or run it over with the car in the parking lot at work, that always works well too. LOL

Well then what would I do for a backup phone only got a windows phone ..... O and I did leave it on the car like 3 blocks when I got it..... Found it by the curb just a few scuff on the otter box..... :p

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
May be using this over the weekend or monday. Thanks Jim! :thumbup:

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Atrix 2 on ICS 4.0.4 Running SCV7!!!

T

tmease1

I used this utility and it worked flawlessly. It's good to know that i can go from ics to gb without any issues. Thanks Jim. Good work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Zackhery

Nov 25, 2011
So after we are back to 2.3.5 we are free to do what ever just like before the leak was found?

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
So after we are back to 2.3.5 we are free to do what ever just like before the leak was found?

Yep. and this way you can most likely get the OTA when it comes out... but just in case there are any issues updating since our BL is a higher revision now, I and the other devs will be on top if once it comes out, so there should be no worries there, those that have any issues, just might have to wait a little while, while us devs figure it all out.

Zackhery

Nov 25, 2011
Yep. and this way you can most likely get the OTA when it comes out... but just in case there are any issues updating since our BL is a higher revision now, I and the other devs will be on top if once it comes out, so there should be no worries there, those that have any issues, just might have to wait a little while, while us devs figure it all out.

Okay thanks, I wasn't sure if I could flash other roms now. Just incase there was something left from the leak that would mess it up.

T

tmease1

There shouldn't be any issues getting the ics update since we went back to 2.3.5 and was able to get the 2.3.6 update should there?

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
There shouldn't be any issues getting the ics update since we went back to 2.3.5 and was able to get the 2.3.6 update should there?

As jim said, I dont think it'll be an issue. However if the BL number happens to be a lower number then ours on the leak, there may be an issue. I'm almost certain it wont be though. And even if it were higher I'm sure we could still download and update to the OTA ICS.

Sent From My Delicious Ice Cream Sandwhich...Not Your Disgusting Apple Pie!

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX

we can't be 100% sure until the real OTA gets here... If it does some kind of a check, so that it can patch/update the BL, then WE will have to make some modifications to the update, so that everyone that is on the leak can update... but again that is ONLY if moto does this. If not then there is nothing to worry about. I just want everyone to be aware that, that might happen and not to freak out, that the devs will be on it once we know about it.

leifemagnuson

Mar 15, 2011
Raleigh N.C.
i used the linux version the first time with no issues. This time i only have a windows computer available and after the flash it seems to stick on the moto dual core screen. i get a failed on the cbt flash but thats it. i won't be home to use my linux box for a couple days. Any ideas other than just using a live usb and ubuntu?

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
i used the linux version the first time with no issues. This time i only have a windows computer available and after the flash it seems to stick on the moto dual core screen. i get a failed on the cbt flash but thats it. i won't be home to use my linux box for a couple days. Any ideas other than just using a live usb and ubuntu?

try and run the script again... a few others have had to do that.

shardul.phatak

Jan 19, 2012
bangalore
bootmenu manager

bootmenu manager's recent update scrambled my system !!
stuck at AT&T "rethink possible" white screen :(

i must try this script ..... no other option
wish me luck guys :fingers-crossed:

venezuelanboy

Jun 21, 2012
Please I need your help!

I know nothing about this, download the file that is posted on the first page (windows). I wonder if I'll have to do more than this or just do the decompression process and run the cmd?

Por favor necesito su ayuda!

No se nada de esto, descargue el archivo que esta publicado en la primera pagina (windows). Me pregunto si voy a tener que hacer algo mas que esto o simplemente hago el proceso de descomprension y ejecuto el cmd?

leifemagnuson

Mar 15, 2011
Raleigh N.C.
My system is becoming unstable. I haven't added anything other than tapatalk and b.o.a. app since coming off ics. Its been about a week. Over the last three days or so i get freezes and horrible lag. Especially in the browser. My lockscreen only comes up about half the time. Video player goes black at about thirty seconds. I have done all the usual maintenance but it still is happening. Do you want me to look at anything or run you a log cat before i flash back again? Keep in mind i've stayed completely stock. I'll have to root and such. Just thought I'd ask before hand. Thought maybe you might see something. I won't flash until tomorrow.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
My system is becoming unstable. I haven't added anything other than tapatalk and b.o.a. app since coming off ics. Its been about a week. Over the last three days or so i get freezes and horrible lag. Especially in the browser. My lockscreen only comes up about half the time. Video player goes black at about thirty seconds. I have done all the usual maintenance but it still is happening. Do you want me to look at anything or run you a log cat before i flash back again? Keep in mind i've stayed completely stock. I'll have to root and such. Just thought I'd ask before hand. Thought maybe you might see something. I won't flash until tomorrow.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Yes please grab a logcat an pm me a link to grab it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so you want to return to GB from ICS, right?

Well I have written a script for AT&T users to get back to GB 2.3.5 from ICS with the fxz patched with the same patch the Chinese forum had used.

It is very simple just download the correct file there is a version for windows users in a batch file, and a shell script for the Linux and Mac users.

This has been tested and will not brick your phone. We have several confirmed cases that this works Even one of our devs soft bricked on ICS today and was able to get back to 2.3.5 from this.

--UPDATE 10/18/2012--

Do NOT use this if you are on leak 2/the soak/the final OTA!!! You will hard brick!!!
    This ONLY works for leak 1, that is dated early July in the build date.

--UPDATE 09/26/2012--

Here are the 2.3.6 fxz scripts as well, that alteredikeness put together when the 2nd leak came out, go thank alteredlikeness for these:

Windows:
    Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/jimbridgman/A2_backto236_win.zip
    MD5sum: a937d39d52572843aecab25e1682cda8

Linux/Mac:
    Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/jimbridgman/a2_backto236_lm.zip
    MD5sum: ffc4ebd245e68ad0ce5a9e40d9ba751b

--END UPDATE--

2.3.5 Files:

Windows:

You will download the following zip file:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/jimbridgman/a2_return_to_gb_win.zip

MD5sum: 85dd75fc711a723837d927c6de6ca1fa

Then unzip the whole thing, do not drag and drop the files, there is an A2_go_back_win directory with all the files in it... extract this directory to either your desktop or C:\ BE VERY CAREFUL YOU DO NOT DRAG JUST THE FILES TO C:\ but you extract the WHOLE directory there.

Then go to your command line (cmd) and cd to either your Desktop or C:\A2_go_back_win then run the restore-to-gb.bat file

Code:
    C:\ > cd A2_go_back_win
    C:\A2_go_back_win > restore-to-gb.bat

Linux and Mac:

You will download the following zip file:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/jimbridgman/a2_return_to_gb_lm.zip

MD5sum: 58b4c47c02e9ad0a379ca8cc5734687a

Unzip the file and go to the command line and cd to where you unzipped the file to and cd into the A2_go_back directory. Then run the return_to_gb.sh shell script

The following is an example of how to run this. The directory I use is just and example, please cd to the correct directory you extracted the zip to on your machine.

Code:
    $ cd ~/Downloads/A2_go_back
    $ ./restore_to_gb.sh

This will ONLY work if you are on ICS, I will get something for 2.3.6 and 2.3.5 from, once you have been on ICS, those are "special" cases so PLEASE do not attempt that until further notice.

Thanks to the following users:
    jerrycrystal, sky2k4@CHN, mntlion, KEB64, leifmagnuson, seraphielx, ri4naire, Fall of Enosis, jspugh, rdavisct, cogeary, JRW 28, alteredlikeness, a special thanks to dicksteele.

If I forgot you please PM me, all of those guys deserve for you to hit their thanks button for either testing, or getting the needed files, or other support.

One last thing, if you brick or soft brick I am not responsible, you hacked your phone and made the choice freely, to do so.

Now upward and onward to more android development.
    Looking for testers

Hello all A2 users on ICS,

I am looking for a few adventurous persons willing to test an updated fxz/script option to return to 2.3.6 GB from ICS. I have updated the fxz files and included jim's script (with his blessing) - so, it should work either by script or RSD Lite on Windows.

I am looking for at least 3 Windows users and 3 Linux/Mac users on a current AT&T ICS leak (;)), with intermediate knowledge of Android and your computer OS of choice.
    REMEMBER: Your participation is completely voluntary, so please understand the risks involved - and no one besides yourself is responsible for your phone.

Interested persons: PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER THIS THREAD WITH QUESTIONS OR SAYING THAT YOU WILL TEST - Instead, please kindly PM me, and I will fill you in on the details.

----------------

So far, 3 successful fxz's from the (first) ICS leak to 2.3.6 on Windows!
    Thank you very much to:
    DX2Trip
    mtnlion
    gabo_e30
    ICS to 2.3.6 FXZ

Well, since Jim and I have both been busy with life and other android things lately, and since I've had only successful test runs of the ICS (leak#1) to GB 2.3.6 fxz package, I suppose I'll just post it and we can work out the details later...

This will return your A2 to AT&T 2.3.6 from the first ICS leak only (as posted here).

Follow the instructions in the OP of this thread (also the tips in the n00b thread). Everything is included in this new package - no need to replace any files. All credit to jimbridgman for the scripts, and google/moto/at&t for the files.

Windows:
    Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61960599/A2_backto236_win.zip
    MD5sum: a937d39d52572843aecab25e1682cda8

Linux/Mac:
    Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61960599/a2_backto236_lm.zip
    MD5sum: ffc4ebd245e68ad0ce5a9e40d9ba751b

I, nor anyone else, is responsible for your phone but you...

Yes, this fxz will bring you directly back to 2.3.6 at&t GB (from the first at&t ICS leak only - and/or from any ROM you might be on after installing the first leak package) - eliminating the need for going to 2.3.5 and doing the ota to 2.3.6.

But, Jim's original fxz packages to 2.3.5 in the op still work fine, this is just another option to save a step..

Thanks to the following for testing:
    DX2Trip
    mtnlion
    gabo_e30
    chrisn91
    maybe a few others.. please remind me
    Hello all A2 users on ICS,

I am looking for a few adventurous persons willing to test an updated fxz/script option to return to 2.3.6 GB from ICS. I have updated the fxz files and included jim's script (with his blessing) - so, it should work either by script or RSD Lite on Windows.

I am looking for at least 3 Windows users and 3 Linux/Mac users on a current AT&T ICS leak (;)), with intermediate knowledge of Android and your computer OS of choice.
    REMEMBER: Your participation is completely voluntary, so please understand the risks involved - and no one besides yourself is responsible for your phone.

Interested persons: PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER THIS THREAD WITH QUESTIONS OR SAYING THAT YOU WILL TEST - Instead, please kindly PM me, and I will fill you in on the details.
    ----------------
    EDIT:
    One successful fxz from ICS to 2.3.6 on Windows! Thank you very much, DX2Trip!!

Not a problem my friend. Glad I could help. It made it way easier to upgrade back too btw to anyone wondering. I did not have to go back to 2.3.5. Went from ICS to 2.3.6 back to ICS no prob. Thanks YOU for helping our community with your development. You have more thanks coming your way from anyone else who wants to use this simple FXZ I'm sure! Keep it up, you guys rock!

Thanks a lot jim :) And thanks a lot "Chinese Guy" ^_^ :)

Got few questions :

1.Only At n T users ? I guess thats coz is that the only leak ?
    2.Will this work only on ICS leak or will work on SC v7 too ?
    3. Back to 2.3.5 and the 2.3.6 OTA can be done as usual ?

regards.