Any Ex S3 User

Search This thread

shadehh

Mar 27, 2011
Wow! I was a one x owner and the problems people are mentioning here really makes me remember my one X days, filled with negativity. Htc has good intentions, ****ty outcome though. Feel sorry for many who are going to possibly regret this device. Should you root, have fun with all the unnecessary fastboot flash boot boot.img commands etc. Id Token, S-off/s-on crap. Oh lord.. htc wake up

Reactions: fastcx

snipervn

Nov 2, 2009
Hà Nội
I have used HTC for a long time, from Touch HD, HD2, One X and now, Butterfly. My brother sticks to Samsung and I have conditions to try and compare SS and HTC. I do not want to say Samsung is not good, they are good, hi-end phone. As the S3 I have tried, I have to said that it is good phone but I don't like it, simple because it is Samsung style. SS make phones to show how high-tech they could do but they seemed do not care much about design as well as users experiences. All SS phone looks same same, just faster, more power full. You will easy to become bored with S3 after a month of use. New model of SS launched so fast that make users lost their happiness of owning high-end phone so quickly.
HTC, smaller manufacturer but they care much about design and functions. HTC make user like their phone more after each day of use. Sometime, especially the Butterfly, I pick the phone up to do nothing, just to look at it, very charmed design with supper power inside. Unfortunately, there are not much people use HTC long enough to feel and explore the hidden charm of HTC style.

I have moved from One X to Butterfly for 3 weeks and being happy with it.

(Sorry for my poor English)

Last edited:

fastcx

Jun 9, 2010
Puchong
I have used HTC for a long time, from Touch HD, HD2, One X and now, Butterfly. My brother sticks to Samsung and I have conditions to try and compare SS and HTC. I do not want to say Samsung is not good, they are good, hi-end phone. As the S3 I have tried, I have to said that it is good phone but I don't like it, simple because it is Samsung style. SS make phones to show how high-tech they could do but they seemed do not care much about design as well as users experiences. All SS phone looks same same, just faster, more power full. You will easy to become bored with S3 after a month of use. New model of SS launched so fast that make users lost their happiness of owning high-end phone so quickly.
HTC, smaller manufacturer but they care much about design and functions. HTC make user like their phone more after each day of use. Sometime, especially the Butterfly, I pick the phone up to do nothing, just to look at it, very charmed design with supper power inside. Unfortunately, there are not much people use HTC long enough to feel and explore the hidden charm of HTC style.

I have moved from One X to Butterfly for 3 weeks and being happy with it.

(Sorry for my poor English)

Do u know why people can't stay long enough to experience htc senseless sense heavy bloated skin? Butterfly was less than 6 months old, and now htc one is here. At least Samsung release cycle for each of their different categories are at least 12months.

Charm of Samsung is they do not lock their bootloader so for the simplest thing like rooting won't void your warranty. Without the worse lock down of phone compares to apple like s-on. Usable hardware button placement instead of placing power button on top of the phone when the phone is already long. Camera noise cancellation that failed in htc phones, cause in all conditions gone are details in pictures.

Can you tell me the charm in it? Any at all? Once you use other manufacturers like Sony n Samsung u'll get what I meant, htc screw up android experience. And their choice of going hardware button for navigation buttons are questionable as well compares to Samsung way of implementing it.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

snipervn

Nov 2, 2009
Hà Nội
@ fastcx:
:laugh: My post is my personal idea. And I don't want to compare phones in this topic anymore because it will break the forum rules. :D

- Just said that I bought the Sony Experia P for my wife (a week after I could found it in my country) then I root that phone and do a lot of mod that phone.
- My brother stick with Samsung with collection of Galaxy Nexus, Note II, S3 and I do root that phones for him.
- My sister use IP5 :)D I do not touch to that, I hate Apple).
- Newest, Sony Z is on my table now to test for my friend.
--> I know a little about other devices out of HTC to try and compare.

For the case of Butterfly, believe me, One is in other rank. HTC One will replace One X and One X+ not Butterfly. Butterfly is not in PDA phone level, it is right at the border between phablet and smart phone with 5" screen.
I am designer and from my point of view, Butterfly have very carefully, detail and good design, but only black version (the white is acceptable but the red is terrible color mix).
Related to the hard button, I have used HD2, Samsung SII long enough to understand that the hard button easier to be wear out in hard use conditions and when it got problem it would be very big problem.
Related to root, easier is not means better (easier always comes with security faults as the case of Note II and S3) - that is my personal idea only. There are not so many smart phone users need to root their phone, could you guess how many percent? (20% I think). So in general, root is some thing for experiences users only.

:D

Last edited:
Reactions: nameite

Bus Driver

May 9, 2011
Malaysia
It's been almost 2 weeks since i shifted to the HTC Butterfly from the S3..and fully comfortable and liking the Sense UI..have no hardware or display issues as mentioned by others...maybe I'm one of the lucky ones with a perfect device.
As for modding like bootloaders and rooting..yes its much simpler on the Samsung. The process on the HTC is slightly longer and complicated but to me that's what makes it more interesting and fun..following the steps carefully one at a time and then wallah..you made it through. Well, I guess to each his own but like other things in the IT world, it gets a bit of getting used to and to change and adapt to something new.
I'm very happpy with HTC in general and in particular the Butterfly.. Like someone mentioned, the build quality, the way it feels when in your palm and best of all it looks beautiful when held.
The S4 coming out soon...unless it comes with a gorgeous design and killer specs,I'll stick to the Butterfly until the flexible screens are out.

Edit: Looks like I'll be hanging on to the Butterfly...S4 desing is not impressive at all..looks just like the S3.

Last edited:

ytocdo80

Mar 22, 2013
good

I had the HTC Butterfly Verizon version for a day and returned it. It runs too warm, probably that screen. I don't know how HTC was able to get Jelly Bean to run so un-buttery laggy.

In the end, I much rather have a phone that can be uneasily rooted and have tons of custom roms to choose from. So I went back to my S3 and if all the spec leaks are true the S4 will be my next phone.

+1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's been almost 2 weeks since i shifted to the HTC Butterfly from the S3..and fully comfortable and liking the Sense UI..have no hardware or display issues as mentioned by others...maybe I'm one of the lucky ones with a perfect device.
    As for modding like bootloaders and rooting..yes its much simpler on the Samsung. The process on the HTC is slightly longer and complicated but to me that's what makes it more interesting and fun..following the steps carefully one at a time and then wallah..you made it through. Well, I guess to each his own but like other things in the IT world, it gets a bit of getting used to and to change and adapt to something new.
    I'm very happpy with HTC in general and in particular the Butterfly.. Like someone mentioned, the build quality, the way it feels when in your palm and best of all it looks beautiful when held.
    The S4 coming out soon...unless it comes with a gorgeous design and killer specs,I'll stick to the Butterfly until the flexible screens are out.

Edit: Looks like I'll be hanging on to the Butterfly...S4 desing is not impressive at all..looks just like the S3.
    Thinking of jump ship to HTC with the Butterfly... always been with Samsung . Any ex S3 users can chime in on the UI ? Anything that you miss from the S3? Thanks

S3 felt smoother stock vs stock. Not much of a difference, the butterfly physically feels more like a premium phone though. Not really worth going thru the trouble upgrading
    Once you use the Butterfly you won't ever return back to Amoled screens and that too Pentile ;)
    I still have my S3 but I am enjoying my Butterfly a lot. Any issues I have is because I have the x920e and the Chinese Govt. have gone to great lengths to neuter any form of Google functionality.

As a personal preference, I like Sense more than I do TW. So at the moment, my S3 has been in my desk drawer collecting dust.
    just like you i have always used samsung (galaxy s, nexus s, galaxy s2, galaxy nexus, galaxy s3, note, note2, also tab 7.7 and yes i have or had all of that) and the amoled screen but to be honest butterfly is the most beautiful phone i have ever had.. you can literally fall in love with it.. it has a goergeus display and a unibody design you just need to fell it in your hand. also sense is much beautiful than touchwiz. i am not saying you wont need anything else because you will definitly need some apps to get most out of it. anyway just one thing bothers me most and its lack of developer support..