4.1.2 Soon for VZW USA HD?

Search This thread

dbeedle

I think I'm in the same place. After trying to go back and reflash I now get "flash failure" on the fastboot screen on a reboot.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Out of curiosity/desperation, how log has it taken for the fastboot files to show up after a release?

dbeedle

Fastboot file can be found in this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39424270

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent work! You guys are a life saver. My phone is back in business and the WiFi even works! Thank you all very much!

Lost root in the process but I expected that after the mess I made of the phone. I haven't done a truly new install of my stuff in some time. Spring cleaning I guess. I'll miss TiBu but a working phone is more important. At least util su shows up for JB!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

dragorn

Aug 5, 2010
A little more info...I downloaded and installed the update manually. I may have gotten a bad download as I re-downloaded this morning and applied and it behaved much differently and went much quicker. Still no fix for the wifi though. On the plus side, I kept root using SuperSU.

I notice there is no IP or MAC address listed under the WiFi settings screen. On the settings screen I can move the "switch" to on and it pops back to off in about a second. On the quick settings screen the wifi "switch" is grayed out and wont move.

I can confirm the same behavior on a 926 developer model.

Looking at dmesg:

Code:
<6>[  427.219349,1] wlan: loading driver v3.2.1.5.1130.1
<3>[  427.222066,1] [WLAN][14744:E :HDD] hdd_apply_cfg_ini:Reg Parameter telescopicBeaconTransListenIntervalNumIdleBcns < allowed Minimum [1 < 5]. Enforcing Default= 10
<3>[  427.222218,1] [WLAN][14744:E :HDD] hdd_apply_cfg_ini:Reg Parameter telescopicBeaconMaxListenIntervalNumIdleBcns < allowed Minimum [1 < 5]. Enforcing Default= 15
<3>[  427.233602,1] [WLAN][14744:F :VOS] Coupler set to 1
<3>[  427.237570,1] [WLAN][14744:E :PE ] CheckParam: 787: Param id 40 wrong permissions 237094
<3>[  427.237570,1] 
<3>[  427.243674,1] [WLAN][14744:E :PE ] ProcSetReqInternal: 688: Check param failed, param 40
<3>[  427.243674,1] 
<3>[  428.187547,0] wlan: WCNSS WLAN version mismatch
<3>[  428.187547,0] WCNSS reported 1.51.2.28, but expected 0.0.2.0
<6>[  428.188188,0] wlan: WCNSS software version M8960AAAAANAAW100733H
<6>[  428.188432,0] wlan: WCNSS hardware version WCN vUnknown IRIS v2.0 with 48MHz XO
<3>[  428.193254,0] [0:14755:E :DAT] Set DXE Power state 1
<3>[  428.227163,0] [0:14755:E :DAT] Set DXE Power state 0
<3>[  428.229482,0] [0:14755:E :DAT] Set DXE Power state 1
<6>[  428.246268,0] wlan: driver loaded
<6>[  428.496383,0] wlan: unloading driver v3.2.1.5.1130.1

WCNSS mismatch is likely the issue. Haven't tracked down why it happens.

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013
A little more info...I downloaded and installed the update manually. I may have gotten a bad download as I re-downloaded this morning and applied and it behaved much differently and went much quicker. Still no fix for the wifi though. On the plus side, I kept root using SuperSU.

I notice there is no IP or MAC address listed under the WiFi settings screen. On the settings screen I can move the "switch" to on and it pops back to off in about a second. On the quick settings screen the wifi "switch" is grayed out and wont move.

I can confirm the same behavior on a 926 developer model.

Looking at dmesg:

Code:
<6>[  427.219349,1] wlan: loading driver v3.2.1.5.1130.1
<3>[  427.222066,1] [WLAN][14744:E :HDD] hdd_apply_cfg_ini:Reg Parameter telescopicBeaconTransListenIntervalNumIdleBcns < allowed Minimum [1 < 5]. Enforcing Default= 10
<3>[  427.222218,1] [WLAN][14744:E :HDD] hdd_apply_cfg_ini:Reg Parameter telescopicBeaconMaxListenIntervalNumIdleBcns < allowed Minimum [1 < 5]. Enforcing Default= 15
<3>[  427.233602,1] [WLAN][14744:F :VOS] Coupler set to 1
<3>[  427.237570,1] [WLAN][14744:E :PE ] CheckParam: 787: Param id 40 wrong permissions 237094
<3>[  427.237570,1] 
<3>[  427.243674,1] [WLAN][14744:E :PE ] ProcSetReqInternal: 688: Check param failed, param 40
<3>[  427.243674,1] 
<3>[  428.187547,0] wlan: WCNSS WLAN version mismatch
<3>[  428.187547,0] WCNSS reported 1.51.2.28, but expected 0.0.2.0
<6>[  428.188188,0] wlan: WCNSS software version M8960AAAAANAAW100733H
<6>[  428.188432,0] wlan: WCNSS hardware version WCN vUnknown IRIS v2.0 with 48MHz XO
<3>[  428.193254,0] [0:14755:E :DAT] Set DXE Power state 1
<3>[  428.227163,0] [0:14755:E :DAT] Set DXE Power state 0
<3>[  428.229482,0] [0:14755:E :DAT] Set DXE Power state 1
<6>[  428.246268,0] wlan: driver loaded
<6>[  428.496383,0] wlan: unloading driver v3.2.1.5.1130.1

WCNSS mismatch is likely the issue. Haven't tracked down why it happens.

Now I'm not good or remotely good at reading code like that but it appears the wlan version in your phone is not matching what is expected, I haven't seen anyone without root running into this problem so I can only think it has something to do with the root on the phone (which is an uneducated guess). Apparently it has different parameters than what is normally used and I cannot give any reason for such but I think (THINK) it is not cooperating with something that is not stock Motorola. I'm not sure just giving my 2cents worth.

Droid RAZR HD (current)
LG Optimus One P-504 (For Sale)

dbeedle

Now I'm not good or remotely good at reading code like that but it appears the wlan version in your phone is not matching what is expected, I haven't seen anyone without root running into this problem so I can only think it has something to do with the root on the phone (which is an uneducated guess). Apparently it has different parameters than what is normally used and I cannot give any reason for such but I think (THINK) it is not cooperating with something that is not stock Motorola. I'm not sure just giving my 2cents worth.

Droid RAZR HD (current)

This arose when I installed the the 4.1.2 update manually. I suspect my initial download of that file had issues. I did also have root before that. If it was a version mismatch, or something like it, I imagine that it could have been introduced by a damaged download file. I did not check the file before the flash. My bad. I did download the file again and flashed that. It did behave differently but it didn't fix the WiFi problem for some reason.

Since then the fine folks around here were able to post the fastboot file for the phone. That has fixed the issue and I now have a fully functioning phone again. No root of course and I had to reload and reconfigure everything from the ground up.

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013
This arose when I installed the the 4.1.2 update manually. I suspect my initial download of that file had issues. I did also have root before that. If it was a version mismatch, or something like it, I imagine that it could have been introduced by a damaged download file. I did not check the file before the flash. My bad. I did download the file again and flashed that. It did behave differently but it didn't fix the WiFi problem for some reason.

Since then the fine folks around here were able to post the fastboot file for the phone. That has fixed the issue and I now have a fully functioning phone again. No root of course and I had to reload and reconfigure everything from the ground up.

Ok so my conclusion is you got a bad download a few times, and such had happened to me the first time I tried to manually download it, we'll glad our fine friends around here could help man that's awesome!!

Droid RAZR HD (current)

krycek1984

Nov 11, 2012
Cleveland
Wait...this wasn't 4.1.2......it was a firmware update not an android version update?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Megaroad

Mar 24, 2013
I still haven't installed the update. Waiting for there to be a method to return to 4.04, in case I need to re-root. I really want to though, because I wanna see whether it makes the stock launcher run more smoothly. And camera improvements.

rdhqcpro

Feb 1, 2011
Received the update to 4.1.2 on Thursday night and now FINALLY the phone performance is very good.

I purchased my Maxx HD back in November. It is completely stock. I have maybe 5 apps installed on the phone and do next to no browsing or video playing but expect snappy performance from texting and reviewing and replying to email. Honestly, within a couple months, I was regretting my purchase due to the continual stuttering and lag issues with what's supposed to be a premium phone. The key things which attracted me to this phone was current and competent hardware and a huge battery promising excellent battery life. The battery life has been fantastic. I usually get 3 days on 1 charge. But boy was I surprised to learn that a 1 GB memory and 1.5 Ghz cpu phone could have performance issues! I thought when I retired my EVO 4G I was done with lag and slow performance,

Now, since Thursday's update, the few apps that I use open, respond and close as they should on a premium phone. At LAST I can see evidence of all the "Project Butter" hoopla. Browsing with either Chrome or Dolphin is still disappointingly slow (yes it is slow even in strong signal areas) but then I don't browse the web much from my phone. I'd much rather do that from my PC anyway as it has FAR superior hardware and performance than any phone.

I have not had a chance yet to confirm the alleged camera improvements. ANY improvement in the camera will be welcome as it takes dreadful pictures in anything less than bright light.

So good good job :good: Verizon/Motorola on this update. It was overdue but worth the wait.

DROID RAZR Maxx HD

Megaroad

Mar 24, 2013
Received the update to 4.1.2 on Thursday night and now FINALLY the phone performance is very good.

I purchased my Maxx HD back in November. It is completely stock. I have maybe 5 apps installed on the phone and do next to no browsing or video playing but expect snappy performance from texting and reviewing and replying to email. Honestly, within a couple months, I was regretting my purchase due to the continual stuttering and lag issues with what's supposed to be a premium phone. The key things which attracted me to this phone was current and competent hardware and a huge battery promising excellent battery life. The battery life has been fantastic. I usually get 3 days on 1 charge. But boy was I surprised to learn that a 1 GB memory and 1.5 Ghz cpu phone could have performance issues! I thought when I retired my EVO 4G I was done with lag and slow performance,

Now, since Thursday's update, the few apps that I use open, respond and close as they should on a premium phone. At LAST I can see evidence of all the "Project Butter" hoopla. Browsing with either Chrome or Dolphin is still disappointingly slow (yes it is slow even in strong signal areas) but then I don't browse the web much from my phone. I'd much rather do that from my PC anyway as it has FAR superior hardware and performance than any phone.

I have not had a chance yet to confirm the alleged camera improvements. ANY improvement in the camera will be welcome as it takes dreadful pictures in anything less than bright light.

So good good job :good: Verizon/Motorola on this update. It was overdue but worth the wait.

DROID RAZR Maxx HD

You're making me want to install it. Were you rooted, and if so, were you able to keep root?

rdhqcpro

Feb 1, 2011
My Maxx HD has NOT been rooted.

I prefer to stay stock and keep my warranty as long as possible as long as my phone performance is still acceptable.

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013

DROID RAZR Maxx HD

This is not the review thread for the phone, just the 4.1.2 update in USA. Please stick to the topic in the title or create a new thread if you would like to create a new discussion on any particular topic pertaining to the device in which this thread is pertaining to. ;)

Droid RAZR HD (current)

Top Liked Posts