[i9505] 4-SEPT New update today MH8 (JDQ37)

Search This thread

Dean-xXx

Nov 15, 2012
Dublin
ohh... havent tested the camera yet, but the whole system is so f*king laggy :silly:

Fwck!! I was really hoping they fixed it, i'm starting to get tired of sammy, and no...a non TW rom is not an option, i like TW, but the stutters will drive me away soon. My s3 is perfectly smooth, there is no stutters like on this crap.

Reactions: nfsmw_gr

overkillZ

Jul 14, 2013
malmö
Fwck!! I was really hoping they fixed it, i'm starting to get tired of sammy, and no...a non TW rom is not an option, i like TW, but the stutters will drive me away soon. My s3 is perfectly smooth, there is no stutters like on this crap.

yea.. i have removed tons of crap bloat and its still f*kin laggy... dont know what they did,,, i think they should re-do the whole tw. And when they are working maybe they can update the ui a bit, getting tierd of that gingerbread ****...

arnie2012

Dec 30, 2011
oldham
am I the only who whos not having problems

I have tge samsung galaxy s4 i9505 unbranded with my o2 sim in and I dont have any problems at all.

I dont see why certain people are having problems with lag etc cos im not. And people are blaming samsung. Its not samsungs fault seen as not everybody mobile is having problems.

also can anybody else give a list of new features or fixes so far iv seen/ heard

it adds LTE in network settings
enables knox - but if it does does naybody know how I can find out if its enabled or not

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Only one problem I have found since the update

and thats that the gallery lags so much I can hardly use it

jas0nuk

Apr 6, 2009
Installed the update. My gallery is fine and I already had the LTE option in my network settings!

Sent from my GT-I9505

fswings

Dec 21, 2011
I made the silly mistake of thinking this was a small update as the OTA changelog message was stability improvements.

I rebooted to discover that my SD card is no longer recognised and I'm praying my photos are intact. The only 'improvement' I noticed was that Google search was a little quicker. Not worth it.

I also deeply regret not jumping ship away from TW to some flavour of AOKP, CM and/or PA. Or even Google Edition.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

I'm also hoping that someone will figure out a way to use Odin to rid this mess from us.

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
I made the silly mistake of thinking this was a small update as the OTA changelog message was stability improvements.

I rebooted to discover that my SD card is no longer recognised and I'm praying my photos are intact. The only 'improvement' I noticed was that Google search was a little quicker. Not worth it.

I also deeply regret not jumping ship away from TW to some flavour of AOKP, CM and/or PA. Or even Google Edition.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

I'm also hoping that someone will figure out a way to use Odin to rid this mess from us.

Unless it is something very serious, flashing Chainfire's cf-autoroot will probably help you see your sdcard as I can see my 32gb card.

fswings

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for the prompt reply. Was hoping to avoid root until I backed everything up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All those having issues with Knox... Chainfire said the following at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Chainfire/posts/5ggu7naWtaW

'CF-Auto-Root for the new SGS4 I9505 firmares (GG, H8, ...)

The new firmwares that came out today have SELinux enabled and set to restrictive. This generally made SuperSU sad.

Other nasty side effects of these ROMs include a new bootloader, a new warranty status inside said bootloader, the apparent impossibility to downgrade after having flashed the wretched bootloader, and a bad taste about Samsung in general.

I guess this all KNOX related or whatever, seeing as it was much hyped in today's unveilings and the ROMs were also released today.

It took all day but it seems like I have SuperSU (now v1.60) running properly(?) again, and I've made a new CF-Auto-Root package for it. Undoubtedly, after I get back all your reports about how it doesn't work at all or even a little, I will update the other CF-Auto-Root's, the flashable ZIP, and the Play Store sometime tomorrow. But not tonight - tonight I am le tired.

While this version should now be compatible with all sorts of Enforcing SELinux shams and other false-sense-of-security-inducing hypeware, it doesn't actually disable any system components. As such, every time you use root, you'll get a nice popup about how your system has been compromised by the nastiest of all attackers (namely, you). To get rid of this annoyance, adb shell or Terminal Emulator this command (after running su , of course):

pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid

That's about it. Oh yeah - don't run Triangle Away or Mobile ODIN on these firmwares until I've updated them, or your phone will explode. Enjoy!'

I followed everything he has said and my phone operates without any problems at all. I am also using Apex Launcher, I can resize the icons in apex settings for my homescreen, etc. Everything works and I have no regret. I am also waiting for Mobile Odin and Triangle Away to be updated. It is all thanks to Chainfire for his hard work for at least getting rid of the Knoxy thing.
    anyone know what the update is or does

It upgrades your phone to the latest firmware :p
    Samsung is pushing another update today, its already reached max OTA downloads so get it from Kies.
    As far as I understand, only people with root are facing issues. Mine was stock DBT non rooted. I was skeptical about updating after reading all these posts but I couldn't resist and updated anyway. And thank god, it works like a charm! I'm on MH5 btw. And the battery life might have improved ever so slightly - I've lost 25% with 1:25 screen time 2 hours wifi(no 3G) in 14 hours! :)
    And yeah, I updated with Kies. No OTA.